Covid-19: What’s the Endgame?

On 5/8/2021 at 2:54 AM, jak2002003 said:

What is this fear and hate that some people have against people that don't want to be vaccinated against Covid?

It's like they are really insecure and wetting their pants, so scared of the virus they are in a panic to wipe it out. 

Or is it just them being bullies, wanting to force people to do what they want or else turn them into people to be discriminated against?

If you have the vaccine you are safe. So, why care about someone that chooses not to have it?

This corona thing has all the wannabe sergeant majors coming out of the woodwork to tell other people what to do. The pity of it IMO is that there isn't much push back against them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Very hypercritical.  Why should YOU be part of society then, as you put innocent people in danger every day?

For example, I take if you drive? How many innocent people get killed or injured in road accidents each year around the world? You want to ban people from driving? 

What about people with allergies to peanuts or eggs etc when just eating or touching a small amount can kill them.  Your logic we should ban peanuts and eggs and anyone eating a bag of peanuts should have to do it in total isolation or else sent to live on an island and be called stupid and selfish for putting innocent people with allergies at risk.

Question: do you think that Polio vaccinations should be mandatory for children? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair point: Anti-vaxxers often side-step the fact that their selfishness puts others at risk. IF they don’t understand that their selfishness is putting others at risk they are unintelligent. If they are intelligent and understand that their selfishness puts innocent others at risk they are extremely selfish. 

LOL. Just how can you tell an "antivaxxer" from someone that has had it? Short answer, you can't. The only way you'd know is if they go around with a sign on their head saying so.

As always, if one wants to be secure, take your own precautions and don't rely on other people to do it for you.

All the complaining about "selfish people" ain't going to change anything.

As for us, we are all anonymous, as are you. If you bumped into me in the street you'd never know who I am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Just how can you tell an "antivaxxer" from someone that has had it? Short answer, you can't. The only way you'd know is if they go around with a sign on their head saying so.

As always, if one wants to be secure, take your own precautions and don't rely on other people to do it for you.

All the complaining about "selfish people" ain't going to change anything.

As for us, we are all anonymous, as are you. If you bumped into me in the street you'd never know who I am.

I have a "vaccinated" T-shirt. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Question: do you think that Polio vaccinations should be mandatory for children? 

What has that to do with the OP? People take polio vaccine because it's a KNOWN problem that most people in the world accept and the vaccine is understood to be proven safe. That is far from the situation with corona that has a lot of unknowns, and the vaccine is not universally accepted as safe. Indeed, the companies that make it refuse to be liable for it if it goes wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What has that to do with the OP? People take polio vaccine because it's a KNOWN problem that most people in the world accept and the vaccine is understood to be proven safe. That is far from the situation with corona that has a lot of unknowns, and the vaccine is not universally accepted as safe. Indeed, the companies that make it refuse to be liable for it if it goes wrong.

So, you are okay with mandatory vaccination, in principle. 

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, you are okay with mandatory vaccination, in principle. 

Never. No medication should be mandatory- that'd be what happens in China. In NZ no medication can be given without informed consent ( in the case of children the parent has to consent ) by LAW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meechai said:

This is the problem with folks like you...your cancel culture mindset your lack of tolerance & worse yet your lack of informed facts

1- Being Vaccinated does not free you from being able to carry & spread Covid

2- Being Vaccinated does not make you immune it only lessens symptoms once infected (maybe)

That aside who dies & made you god? Who gave you any right to deem your existence more important than others?

If your afraid go grab a case of Spam & a case of Toilet Paper & get in your safe room

It is small minds like yours that start civil wars & later say ...."Did I do that"?

Excellent post.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Never. No medication should be mandatory- that'd be what happens in China. In NZ no medication can be given without informed consent ( in the case of children the parent has to consent ) by LAW.

Uhm... In NZ it is mandatory that children are vaccinated before they attend public school (with a tiny percentage of medical exceptions) - by LAW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mikebike said:

Uhm... In NZ it is mandatory that children are vaccinated before they attend public school (with a tiny percentage of medical exceptions) - by LAW.

Perhaps but if that is so why was there a measles epidemic not so long ago?

In any event, children can be home schooled so the mandate would not apply to them. The mandate only applies in the event that something can be denied if it's not given eg I may not be able to fly or enter Thailand again, but that's OK as I'm not going to do either in the next couple of years. After 2 years it'll be clear if the vaccine is a/ safe, b/ effective, and if so I'll get it then anyway.

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Driving is a necessity for the whole community. Your argument only becomes valid if I drink and drive placing innocent others at additional risk. 

The rest of the argument is too outrageously stupid to even warrant further discussion. 

An allergy is not a virus, allergies are not transmitted. Do the differences really need to be explained ????

Argue the argument.

No, thats your logic, your self projected argument and hyperbolic distortion.

My point is not about allergens but a whole different beast; viruses which can be transmitted to other people by airborne means and which can be vaccinated against to protect those in higher risk groups who cannot be vaccinated. 

IF you wanted to draw parallel you could use other pathogens, i.e. bacteria. You are free not take antibiotics, for the most part that only impacts you not innocent others you may spread the pathogen too.

Driving is not a necessity. I don't drive and nether so some of my friends.  Never have and never will. I cycle or use public transport. 

How about you give up your car and use public transport and stop polluting the air with your fossil fuel emissions, or don't you care about polluting the air and harming innocent people that suffer from breathing problems? Air pollution kills far more people than Covid you know. 

Can you just give it a rest now please. You are welcome to have your opinion and do as you like with your body and have all the vaccines you like. Just stop forcing your views onto others please and insulting people who won't be bullied into your way of thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2021 at 1:42 AM, jak2002003 said:

Driving is not a necessity. I don't drive and nether so some of my friends.  Never have and never will. I cycle or use public transport. 

How about you give up your car and use public transport and stop polluting the air with your fossil fuel emissions, or don't you care about polluting the air and harming innocent people that suffer from breathing problems? Air pollution kills far more people than Covid you know. 

Can you just give it a rest now please. You are welcome to have your opinion and do as you like with your body and have all the vaccines you like. Just stop forcing your views onto others please and insulting people who won't be bullied into your way of thinking. 

is it ok if i get vaccinated?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was replying to a poster that said vaccination is required before children are permitted to attend public school in NZ. Do you have an answer to that, or just like making pointless comments?

I think he was responding to your comment about a measles outbreak and possibilities of cause.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

I think he was responding to your comment about a measles outbreak and possibilities of cause.

The causes are well known. I wanted to know how it could happen when it's highly unlikely all the unvaccinated kids were home schooled, if they were not allowed to attend public school.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The causes are well known. I wanted to know how it could happen when it's highly unlikely all the unvaccinated kids were home schooled, if they were not allowed to attend public school.

Complacency .

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was replying to a poster that said vaccination is required before children are permitted to attend public school in NZ. Do you have an answer to that, or just like making pointless comments?

Here is your post:

Perhaps but if that is so why was there a measles epidemic not so long ago?”

I answered that question. If you don’t understand my comment: in New Zealand there are idiot anti-vaxxers who didn’t get Measles vaccinations for their kids. The Measles virus therefore has not been eliminated in New Zealand, it continues to circulate in the anti-Vaxxer community.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was replying to a poster that said vaccination is required before children are permitted to attend public school in NZ.

In the USA  religious/personal beliefs are allowed in many/most States  thus not having kids vaccinated & being allowed to school...

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/school-immunization-exemption-state-laws.aspx

As a Covid & Children side note.....Children are & always were the first to get "approved" vaccinations in many western countries.

I guess because they are after all the perfect germ plate aren't they?????

So this puts a interesting twist into the whole Covid Vac plan as they are not allowed to administer these unapproved vacs to minors under 16

....at least here in the USA...so that will add an interesting dimension to it all.

I do realize that Pfizer is working on getting FDA  to expand its "Emergency Usage" label onto the 12-15 years old kids soon

That aside & again back to the perfect germ plates that kids are....After having raised four children I would say every cold or flu I ever saw

came first from the kids...That old saying....what they bring home from school. ????

But this covid has been quite the opposite hasn't it? First off it seemed to rarely attack or hinder children

Really odd & a first I have seen in my life. Of course does not mean they cannot be great spreaders as usual but interesting in

an odd way eh?

Anyway ....just wondering out loud

Edited by meechai

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

For us foreigners living in Thailand there is no vaccine for us to have, whether we want it or not.

As far as I can see you're just arguing pointlessly with a troll.

Easier to just put him on ignore like a did when he first re-incarnated himself into his current identity.

Thanks.  I should have just done that in the first place. Stupid me.????

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 3:06 AM, starky said:

So Perth didn't just have a 3 day lockdown? There are currently 0 lockdowns doesn't mean there are 0 lockdowns McGowan threatening to lockdown again if they get 1 more case.

Further to the point the original narrative was don't overwhelm the hospitals and emergency rooms Australia and never even come close to that. Then it was it was its a new virus so it will take time. Fast forward 14 months now we have to wait for the vaccine rollout which conservative estimates put at minimum 12 months. So as far as endgames go where are they going to move the goalposts to another year from now.

Unrealistic and disproportionate approach particularly by the WA government.

I was in Brisbane last month when they had the lockdown due to the massive 8 person outbreak of historical cases that had already been in the community for over 4 weeks. Who allegedly had the hyper contagious UK variant so how many additional cases were found? 2. Hyper contagious? Funnily enough Vic and NSW kept their borders open. WA? Immediate border closure to all Queenslanders for 2 weeks

I was in Perth for the last 3 day lockdown again of the hyper contagious variant where the 3 people who had been out and about in the community with multiple hotspots and one infected person with nearly 300 close contacts...again how many additional cases found? 0

Hyper contagious? Ya reckon?

Hate to quote myself but the goalposts have moved already. Now the Australian government is saying the vaccine rollout is not tied to border openings and Australian borders will be closed till at least 2022 and then subject to "medical" advice so far Australia endgame could be never. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 1:58 PM, Danderman123 said:

Here is your post:

Perhaps but if that is so why was there a measles epidemic not so long ago?”

I answered that question. If you don’t understand my comment: in New Zealand there are idiot anti-vaxxers who didn’t get Measles vaccinations for their kids. The Measles virus therefore has not been eliminated in New Zealand, it continues to circulate in the anti-Vaxxer community.

You STILL avoided informing us how those children could go to public school if the law says they have to be to attend.

In case you don't understand what I wrote, I'm not asking about antivaxxers or the causes of measles.

8 hours ago, starky said:

Hate to quote myself but the goalposts have moved already. Now the Australian government is saying the vaccine rollout is not tied to border openings and Australian borders will be closed till at least 2022 and then subject to "medical" advice so far Australia endgame could be never. 

I wish that were true, but they are apparently intent on allowing the trans Tasman stupidity no quarantine "bubble" to go ahead. IMO it's madness that risks negating everything we have been through the past year.

Edited by thaibeachlovers