Cream for pate.

I make an basic chicken liver pate, no brandy, anchovies, spices etc and I'm happy with the results.

However, my Foodland here in Ramintra Bangkok has stopped selling the heavy cream (48 or 49% fat).

I tried the cooking cream and it didn't work out and ended up wasting the other ingredients.

Has anyone saw heavy cream suitable for pate?

I have checked Tops, Tesco and Big C to no avail.

Thanks.

I can't be sure but I thought I've seen it in Big C...but maybe that's only cooking cream. you could of course bulk up the cooking creme with a bit of starch..potato starch in small amount might work

7 minutes ago, tonray said:

I can't be sure but I thought I've seen it in Big C...but maybe that's only cooking cream. you could of course bulk up the cooking creme with a bit of starch..potato starch in small amount might work

Thanks, l checked Big C (a mid sized store) yesterday and they only had the cooking cream. Yes l may have to consider some additives in the future.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oxx said:

You might consider trying a recipe that doesn't use cream.  This recipe is reliable and produces good result:

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/french/chicken-liver-pate-with-cognac-with-sweet-and-sour-red-onion-salad

Thanks Oxx, l will give it a try even if l am able to source the cream.

Thanks again.