Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

2 minutes ago, morrobay said:

No - Forget about all this register/app , BS. Just walk into a private hospital with cash an ask for what you want and when you want it.  End of Story

Not happening. Maybe later. No guarantees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I knew it wouldn't be too long before I read a post like this. Well here's the good news, no one has been 'blocked by design' at all. Those who took the trouble to read the whole article that was posted yesterday (Saturday) would have read this:

''What priority groups must do:

To get free a COVID-19 dose, they can register for vaccination from May 1 by contacting their hospital or village health volunteer. However, the government is encouraging people to register and make a vaccination appointment via LINE for greater convenience''.

So you don't HAVE to have a pink card at all. I have already been registered at our local clinic.

Vaccination booking opens in Thailand,

We registered with the local government official a few weeks ago. No confirmed date or type of vaccine. But they said it would be end of June or so.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No guarantees, but a 99% certainty!  Private hospitals will need to increase their revenue! 

Did you miss the recent announcement that the government had decided they will not allow private hospitals to acquire their own vaccines?

An example in point. A private hospital in Pattaya stated they will have doses "later" (not defined) and it will be the unpopular not very effective Sinovac and MAYBE one other brand. I'm assuming probably Astra Zeneca.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

We registered with the local government official a few weeks ago. No confirmed date or type of vaccine. But they said it would be end of June or so.

Is there a local government official to do that in Pattaya?

• Thanks 1