Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

That is a strange one.  When I filled in the info, that box was not there.  Maybe tgatsxwhybthe closed access and updated the app which also removed some of the categories as another poster said.

you did this today? Or yesterday?

39 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

I had similar problems until I worked out the first number on the back of the ID is an 8 not a B.  Could that be your problem

4pm on the 1st June registered  successful confirmed for June 10th  pink ID card 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

I can see a day coming in a few weeks or months when the Immigration bureaucracy is inspired to decree that no long-term visas can be renewed without proof of completed vaccination.

When they realize the contradiction in the system, that could energize the vaccination process for all foreigners actually residing in Thailand, whatever their formal status.

Just a thought.

LOL. Hasn't worked for other contradictions in the system yet..

- requirements for bank accounts that bank policies prohibit getting

-requirement for insurance for retirees from Thai companies that Thai companies will nto issue to anyone over the age of 75

etc

But any imm requirement for vaccination will nto occur in weeks. How can it/why would it when the Thai population own't even be immunized yet? Many months  to 1-2 years more likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, starky said:

Oh the

f people who live here but never bothered to do the most basic steps of getting license, house book ID card etc. Especially those that deride people who have done all the the above. 

Funny how many people "live" here but really just act like they are on extended holidays. 

What an absolute and utter laff. That stupid pink book finally paid off (for a Chinese vaccine that's not even cleared trials and unrecognized in the western world).

Only total geezers have pink books because no one else would have such time to waste on that folly.

As for the house book you'd have to be dim enough to buy property for that gem.

I'm thinking lately with the politics and the covid never been a better reason to be as liquid as possible here. Not only might I want to leave the government might very well push us out.

Might want to take of the rose tinted glasses and look what's happening in parliament, the courts, the economy, the universities and in Myanmar.

To paraphrase John Lydon

Cheap retirements in other people's misery

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sheryl said:

It is a pink card, not a book, and many of us have found it paid off multiple times & ways before this.

You do not need to buy property to get a yellow house book. It has nothing to do with ownership, it just states who resides at an address. Renters can get (though in practical terms may be a hassle as landlord has to come with you and agree)

I'm curious how it has paid off. Apologies for hijacking the thread. Simple question.

BTW this has allowed you to potentially get vaccinated earlier and Sinovac at that. I fully expect one way or another to be vaccinated here.

Reading about the difficulties of living in Thailand and having the option of doing the same for many years now I’m so glad that my instinct always told me not to sacrifice my rights and privileges afforded to me as a citizen living in my own country for being a non entity outsider with no respect and considered as simply tolerable because of his or her spending ability in a country that is not a democracy , without freedom of speech or right to appeal constant threats to my continued existence in the country .

I can visit for months, enjoy its pleasures and partake of its false revenue driven “hospitality” any time of year .. excepting the covid era.... and when bored or exasperated by the many irritations in Thai society ... simply go home . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I haven't read one thing that is a clear announcement that high risk non Thais are included along with Thais in the earlier schedule for that group.  Have you? Can you link it if so?

You are on top of the news as well as I am. All I've seen is that expats will get vaccines. And that the process begins June 7th.

He got scheduled via his cardiologist. He's not sure what jab he'll get. But does not want Sinovac.

As you know, information is sketchy and constantly changing!  Maybe we're getting closer to some answers?

Just reopened my profile on the Line App for the Mor Prom, hit the edit button and checked to see if that box for the second number is now there, but it is not.  Wondering why some have it but its not in mine

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Most of our embassies are telling us they won't help us directly with doses. Could they possibly help in another way? Such as lobbying the Thai authorities to provide the app in English, allow passport numbers, and officially make it clear that high risk foreigners can be in the earlier group?

Even if such "lobbying" or "stiff letters" were worth doing, the time lag in any actual results would be such that the vaccines would be avaiable by then anyway. Me, I'm going back to the US to get mine end of May, then come back here in October when hopefully there will be no quarantine

1 hour ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Citation please. All I am seeing is two and that it is safe and effective. This smacks of Qanonsense and pointless China bashing. I will happily take whatever becomes available first.

I was at the local public hospital a few days ago and they asked me if I wanted to be put on the list. No problem.

Not China bashing - this time. Many clinical studies and real trials in real countries if you follow world news. The numbers in general consensus come out at about 50.4% slightly better than 50% needed by WHO. If I can locate one of the articles then I will post it for you, but basically Sinovac shot #1 leaves very low efficacy and shot two just over 50% and then it was mentioned to do a shot #3 to try to bring it higher. You can do what you feel is safe, but there is a lot of information out there you can read telling exactly how effective Sinovac is. And most are not good. I will wait for AZ or something better thank you.

40 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

There are 2 separate fields. One asks for the ID number and the other, right below it,  asks for the number on the back of the card.

Right.  Two sets of numbers to put in and I believe with no spaces.  

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

Right.  Two sets of numbers to put in and I believe with no spaces.  

However, it was not there last night when I registered and when I reopened my profile and hit the edit feature that box is not there now either.  Glitch in the system or who knows.  Strange is what it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, newnative said:

That is strange.  

Had the box been there and was left empty the bottom button allowing the registration would not have allowed the registration to be processed.  The top box for Mr. did not show up until after the form was completed and then it showed up at the top of the boxes, I do remember that from last night.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Really? Source? I guess it's too much to ask for registration by passport number, right?

Samui news and info source .... cannot use passport as yet only pink Id card 

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

However, it was not there last night when I registered and when I reopened my profile and hit the edit feature that box is not there now either.  Glitch in the system or who knows.  Strange is what it is.

It would certainly be simpler if you had to only put in one set of numbers like you did.  The set of numbers on the back of my pink card was difficult to read and I at first thought the beginning number was an '8' but it was 'B' on closer inspection under a bright light. 

8 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Samui news and info source .... cannot use passport as yet only pink Id card 

More confusion. Sheryl suggested that the version for foreigners probably would accept passport numbers. Are you saying your source said it wouldn't?

Or perhaps an English translation of the current system is a different thing than the "promised" separate online system just for foreigners?

Edited by Jingthing

I said I gave up on mor promt but I lied. After dinner I got in on the first trial.

I have just successfully got an appointment at Banglamung Hospital at 9am June 10.

Thank you google translate, and kiss my pink card.

Edited by Thailand J
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

What an absolute and utter laff. That stupid pink book finally paid off (for a Chinese vaccine that's not even cleared trials and unrecognized in the western world).

Only total geezers have pink books because no one else would have such time to waste on that folly.

As for the house book you'd have to be dim enough to buy property for that gem.

I'm thinking lately with the politics and the covid never been a better reason to be as liquid as possible here. Not only might I want to leave the government might very well push us out.

Might want to take of the rose tinted glasses and look what's happening in parliament, the courts, the economy, the universities and in Myanmar.

To paraphrase John Lydon

Cheap retirements in other people's misery

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This news story angers me. It ignores the basic problem that the online registration tool will not accept passport numbers.  It's OK to state happy good news for some but there needs to  be major emphasis on how so many expats including high risk ones are blocked BY THE DESIGN of this tool to register. Recently the government announced that all foreigners in Thailand are included in the vaccine program. Really? How is that real if so many of us are blocked from registering?

It can't accept foreign passport numbers because it is linked the civil registration database which has everyone's ID number. For foreigners this is to be found in the yellow tabien baan and/or pink ID card number.  They have set up something that can register foreigners at the same time as Thais without needing any tweaking and without the expense and hassle of setting up a seperate system for foreigners which would certainly have put foreigners at the back of the queue. 

Foreigners who are on more than 6 month visas should be registered in the civil registration system according to the Civil Registrations Act 2008.  As far as they are concerned they have discharged their responsibility to cover long term foreign residents.

• Like 2