Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

It has been widely published that the vaccine will be the AstraZeneca Vaccine.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/thai-firm-joins-astrazeneca-make-covid-19-vaccine-southeast-asia

Form what I have read, it will be only AZ for the first batch of over 60s and the 7 high risk conditions but could be AZ, Sinovac or whatever vaccines they get hold of later for the rest.  However, the supply will be overwhelmingly AZ.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This news story angers me. It ignores the basic problem that the online registration tool will not accept passport numbers.  It's OK to state happy good news for some but there needs to  be major emphasis on how so many expats including high risk ones are blocked BY THE DESIGN of this tool to register. Recently the government announced that all foreigners in Thailand are included in the vaccine program. Really? How is that real if so many of us are blocked from registering?

At the same time it also stated there would be a notification announcing when vaccines would be available to expats at a later date if you like to read that announcement again

Then the other story or article all expats will get the vaccine should be changed to only those that have taken the time to obtain the Pink I.D. card or in the S.S. system.

I've been here 15 plus years on a retirement extension but based on the requirements I've not really an Expat! 

Currently based on the time line I wouldn't bother to register anyways as long as they are giving out the Sino and Rusky vaccine. Nothing has really change my mind as to how Expats are treated here in Thailand by the so call leaders from day one I knew I was on my own!????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been informed by foreign friends who are not tech savvy that private hospitals, such as Bumrungrad which apparently has a team doing this, have taken care of their registration with Mor Prom and making appointments for them.  I did my own registration last week when there was no demand on the system and made an appointment at Samitivej for 14 June yesterday morning.  When I registered through the Mor Prom app from the iPhone store it just asked for my ID number but when I went through the motions again yesterday via the LINE account it asked for the laser number on the back of the ID card.  I don't know if that is also required on the app or if foreigners can register without it. Several foreign friends seem to have successfully registered and booked appointments.

An American doctor advised taking baby aspirin a couple of days before AZ or Sinovac and a couple of days after the reduce the risk of blood clots or stroke. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Then the other story or article all expats will get the vaccine should be changed to only those that have taken the time to obtain the Pink I.D. card or in the S.S. system.

I've been here 15 plus years on a retirement extension but based on the requirements I've not really an Expat! 

Currently based on the time line I wouldn't bother to register anyways as long as they are giving out the Sino and Rusky vaccine. Nothing has really change my mind as to how Expats are treated here in Thailand by the so call leaders from day one I knew I was on my own!????

Word is if you're over 60 you’ll get AstraZeneca not Sinovac.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

I'm not aware of anyone having been vaccinated with anything other than Sinovac.

We shall see.

You dont read any news

"the Kingdom is purchasing 71 million doses of the AstraZeneca jab "

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/astrazeneca-will-remain-thailands-primary-vaccine-insists-health-minister

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

You can't blame them for doing the best they can with what they've got.  If you've been living here for 15 years, you are required under the Civil Registration Act 2008 to be registered in the civil registration system and have a pink ID card.  There is no penalty for not doing this and Immigration seems happy with their own legally enforceable separate system of 90 day reporting etc.  However, it does mean that, if you don't register they have no way of retrieving your data through the civil registration system for things like mass vaccinations.

I am sure they will provide a way for unregistered resident foreigners to get access to vaccines but they will have to wait because all efforts are currently going into the challenging plan to vaccinate 300,000 who are registered daily.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You dont read any news

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/astrazeneca-will-remain-thailands-primary-vaccine-insists-health-minister

I read it all day long.

I believe none of it.

71m lol. Why even bother with the SK project then? Very serious. That's 1 shot per Thai plus all the other vax "purchases".

It's not vaccine more like pure unadulterated hopium.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

At the same time it also stated there would be a notification announcing when vaccines would be available to expats at a later date if you like to read that announcement again

It said high risk people would be in the first phase. Many of us indeed most retired expats are high risk.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Arkady said:

I have been informed by foreign friends who are not tech savvy that private hospitals, such as Bumrungrad which apparently has a team doing this, have taken care of their registration with Mor Prom and making appointments for them.  I did my own registration last week when there was no demand on the system and made an appointment at Samitivej for 14 June yesterday morning.  When I registered through the Mor Prom app from the iPhone store it just asked for my ID number but when I went through the motions again yesterday via the LINE account it asked for the laser number on the back of the ID card.  I don't know if that is also required on the app or if foreigners can register without it. Several foreign friends seem to have successfully registered and booked appointments.

An American doctor advised taking baby aspirin a couple of days before AZ or Sinovac and a couple of days after the reduce the risk of blood clots or stroke. 

You mentioned you went through the process twice with Maw Prom, the first time it did not ask for the number on the back of the pinkcard, the second time with the Mor Prom app from the iPhone, it did ask for the reverse number.

Question: From where did you install, access Maw Prom the first time that did not require the reverse number.?

Thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arkady said:

Where in the hell are you going to get aspirin in this country nowadays let alone baby aspirin. 55555

10 hours ago, morrobay said:

No - Forget about all this register/app , BS. Just walk into a private hospital with cash an ask for what you want and when you want it.  End of Story

Which also otherwise makes sense. One of the reasons for me to get vaccinated, is to get a certificate for international travel. No way you will get that with a free shot.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

38 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Where in the hell are you going to get aspirin in this country nowadays let alone baby aspirin. 55555

I know it disappeared from pharmacies for some time but a friend who takes 81 mg aspirin for blood thinning told me it's back again.  Just don't ask for baby aspirin as they will assume you want to give it to your baby and will tell you "no have".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You dont read any news

From whom, their own lab who is making it.  

Okay, so I found the Line app process but it won't take my SSO numbers. Tried every which way just for <deleted>zngiggliz before nodding off. SSO card won't work on Line. Had the wife help despite having to tear her away from 5 mins of Netflix.

Posters keep discussing an iphone app. Ironic in that doubtful many working class, poor Thai own iphone. If no Android app I think that's very telling.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1

The UK government funded research into the Oxford/Astro Zeneca vaccine and have given it away at cost price.

Trust Thailand to ROP people off, charging for it. In real countries profiteering from misery is outlawed.

shame on this cursed land.

1 hour ago, Arkady said:

They are using the civil registration database and they realised they can include a large number of registered foreign residents in the programme simultaneously with Thais at no additional cost or effort.  So they have done this.  

No, that's not what they did.

They just forgot to verify the entered data, which is why people could register with their pink ID card.

They fixed this now, the data gets verified, and registration for foreigners is no longer possible, as it was supposed to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kynikoi said:
3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

It has been widely published that the vaccine will be the AstraZeneca Vaccine.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/thai-firm-joins-astrazeneca-make-covid-19-vaccine-southeast-asia

I'm not aware of anyone having been vaccinated with anything other than Sinovac.

We shall see.

Maybe you don't understand the meaning of "will be"  ?

I want a vaccine, but not SinoVac. I've not read this first hand but it's reported to me that Thailand is the only country in Asean not to secure the Pfizer vaccine, after Pfizer offered it to Thailand 4 times. I wonder why that could be.....

4 hours ago, Thailand J said:

I said I gave up on mor promt but I lied. After dinner I got in on the first trial.

I have just successfully got an appointment at Banglamung Hospital at 9am June 10.

Thank you google translate, and kiss my pink card.

After dinner today?

If so, yours is the second report of successful registration today by an expat that i have seen

34 minutes ago, jackdd said:

No, that's not what they did.

They just forgot to verify the entered data, which is why people could register with their pink ID card.

They fixed this now, the data gets verified, and registration for foreigners is no longer possible, as it was supposed to be.

Apparently it is possible as 2 peopekl have so far reported doing it today.

Might just be that the site is overloaded. And perhaps today's batch of people trying aren't quite as persistant as those who did it yesterday. 

it can take literally a hundred tries. I was at it nonstop for a good 2 hours yesterday. Just kept resubmitting and resubmitting. Page by page.