Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

For myself, who occasionally returns to the US, receiving Sinovac or Sputnik is near worthless as work sites that require vaccinations won't accept it, and neither will any sane family member.  So I will wait 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

Is this specific to Chonburi province or hospital? When I D/L the app it says “Chonburi Hospital”

That's interesting.  What is the name of the app you downloaded?  There was mention earlier of a Chonburi-specific site but nothing more was said about that.  I realize people use words like app and site somewhat interchangeably.  So do you really mean app?  Or site?

For example, Line is an app.   Doctors Ready (mor prom) is a Line Official Site.  Phuket has a Phuket-specific website called (in English) www.PhuketMustWin.com (the actual name is in Thai:  https://xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/).

What was the name of whatever it was you were downloading?

2 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Where in the hell are you going to get aspirin in this country nowadays let alone baby aspirin. 55555

alka seltzer available here in CM.   But health authorities are not sure if it. will blunt your immune systems response to the vaccine

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This news story angers me. It ignores the basic problem that the online registration tool will not accept passport numbers.  It's OK to state happy good news for some but there needs to  be major emphasis on how so many expats including high risk ones are blocked BY THE DESIGN of this tool to register. Recently the government announced that all foreigners in Thailand are included in the vaccine program. Really? How is that real if so many of us are blocked from registering?

agreed.the whole points been missed by half wit central again,at least theyre consistant.it was stated i was for all so we must use our passports as u say.its a waste of time dealing with mental defectives

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

No, that's not what they did.

They just forgot to verify the entered data, which is why people could register with their pink ID card.

They fixed this now, the data gets verified, and registration for foreigners is no longer possible, as it was supposed to be.

So, the pink cards turn out to be worthless.

Again

Who would have thought?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

So, the pink cards turn out to be worthless.

Again

Who would have thought?

I don't know what to believe on this issue. It's working. It's not working. Foreigners with the magic number can register. Registered foreigners with the magic number are being thrown to the curb. I hope that ALL foreigners that want the jabs can get them in a timely manner and ALL people in Thailand Thai or not that are classified as HIGH RISK get in the earlier priority group. It's pretty obvious by now that that at least is not going to happen. But anyway, there is a certain irony about this if the magic number having registered foreigners aren't really registered considering that some of them GLOATED about it in such an obnoxious way. 

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't know what to believe on this issue. It's working. It's not working. Foreigners with the magic number can register. Registered foreigners with the magic number are being thrown to the curb. I hope that ALL foreigners that want the jabs can get them in a timely manner and ALL people in Thailand Thai or not that are classified as HIGH RISK get in the earlier priority group. It's pretty obvious by now that that at least is not going to happen. But anyway, there is a certain irony about this if the magic number having registered foreigners aren't really registered considering that some of them GLOATED about it in such an obnoxious way. 

Yes, there was gloating but honestly I didn't care. It's kinda funny that stupid pink card might have been of some value. I find it hilarious how the geezers go on about that thing. More like an AARP card. Only 65+ have it and it's utterly worthless.

As it turns out just a big mistake. They will surely be rejected and then back in TV to moan.

Don't worry JT they are as non-persons here as those without the card. Nothing changed.

It's all smoke and mirrors anyway. Go back and cull the news stories for promises and dates.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, skatewash said:

That's interesting.  What is the name of the app you downloaded?  There was mention earlier of a Chonburi-specific site but nothing more was said about that.  I realize people use words like app and site somewhat interchangeably.  So do you really mean app?  Or site?

For example, Line is an app.   Doctors Ready (mor prom) is a Line Official Site.  Phuket has a Phuket-specific website called (in English) www.PhuketMustWin.com (the actual name is in Thai:  https://xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/).

What was the name of whatever it was you were downloading?

It was an app on the Apple store. 

4 hours ago, Quietus said:

The UK government funded research into the Oxford/Astro Zeneca vaccine and have given it away at cost price.

Trust Thailand to ROP people off, charging for it. In real countries profiteering from misery is outlawed.

shame on this cursed land.

Not  only  that but the UK  will vaccinate ALL members of society including unregistered  undocumented  immigrants, even illegals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, petedk said:

Just how do you get a pink card? No need to answer - I have read the requirements:

your passport

your work permit (if any)

your house registration (Ta bian ban)

your marriage certificate (if any)

your 2 books for permanent residency (if you are permanent resident)

birth certificate of Thai children (if any)

Yet migrant workers (our friend's maid) just pay 10K baht and get it within 1 week.

Anyone know how we can do that?

I  paid 2  baht  about two  months ago at Sam  Roi  Yot   office,  took 5  minutes. 

14 hours ago, morrobay said:

From a reddit   reply : This government has ordered Pfizer and Moderna- will be a private option from August. Why not wait for the best.

From a reddit   reply : This government has ordered Pfizer and Moderna- will be a private option from August. Why not wait for the best.

I didn’t see that report I will certainly wait, I don’t see myself in a high risk category, I will speak to the private hospital we use in Chiang Mai everything they use is top quality and they are overseas accredited.

Thanks for the information.

6 minutes ago, Wullie Mercer said:

How do you qualify for a "Pink" ID card and where do you apply??

Go to your local Ampher, requirements vary across Thailand

44 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I didn’t see that report I will certainly wait, I don’t see myself in a high risk category, I will speak to the private hospital we use in Chiang Mai everything they use is top quality and they are overseas accredited.

Thanks for the information.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/30/modernas-covid-19-vaccines-planned-to-be-distributed-in-thailand-as-soon-as-being-approved-by-thai-fda/

10 hours ago, Arkady said:

You can't blame them for doing the best they can with what they've got.  If you've been living here for 15 years, you are required under the Civil Registration Act 2008 to be registered in the civil registration system and have a pink ID card.  There is no penalty for not doing this and Immigration seems happy with their own legally enforceable separate system of 90 day reporting etc.  However, it does mean that, if you don't register they have no way of retrieving your data through the civil registration system for things like mass vaccinations.

I am sure they will provide a way for unregistered resident foreigners to get access to vaccines but they will have to wait because all efforts are currently going into the challenging plan to vaccinate 300,000 who are registered daily.

To be honest, I wasn't born yesterday???? yes I have been here for 15 years but never heard one has to get one.  But it isn't surprising that it hasn't been enforced and I can get on a rant or whining as to why they haven't  put two and two together. 

So the big question is in Pattaya where does one go to get the I.D. card?

Thanks

Just now, thailand49 said:

So the big question is in Pattaya where does one go to get the I.D. card?

Thanks

Pattaya City hall in Pattaya Klang for yellow book and then Pink ID

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Word is if you're over 60 you’ll get AstraZeneca not Sinovac.

Thanks in the end, I think that is what everyone is waiting for AZ, being how Thais are in this country?  I really have no problem with the AZ but will continue to wait and cross my finger my concern is when I leave Thailand for personal business in the States I want to be able to return with no strings attached so if the Thai government endorses AZ so I can do that I will certainly do it even if I have to pay for it.

The other problem as far as I know AZ hasn't been approved in the U.S. so entering and being asked to do a quarantine isn't an option since any plan trip will be very short.  I'm also calculating if I do get the AZ here depending how long it has been inside me if U.S. at some point approve AZ, when I return depending on studies if available get the J&J jab.????

Edited by thailand49

The wife got me registered (66 years old) on Monday after trying three times. (apparently the server was overloaded with requests). June 10th is my jab date. Had to use my ID from the yellow book (showing residence).  From what I understand, anyone over 60 and living in Thailand can register. Not sure what the vaccine will be but believe it to be astraveneca. The wife, being under 60 with none of the 6 or 7 pre-existing conditions (diabetes, hypertension, cancer, etc.) has to wait until July to register with shots starting around August. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Pattaya City hall in Pattaya Klang for yellow book and then Pink ID

Thanks a lot but currently misses is paranoid about going out. A few weeks ago she venture out with friends to eat and ended up at a place that someone was supposed to be infected.  A few days later ask to go down to Banglamung for test, first visit 6 hours wait, since she had no signs told to go home quarantine herself until test results (negative)  few day thereafter told to come down again for secondary test ( also negative ) after this I seriously doubt she is going to go down with me?

Actually what do you need ( paperwork ) when visiting?  Thanks

11 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Where in the hell are you going to get aspirin in this country nowadays let alone baby aspirin. 55555

You can get baby asprin in any branch of Farcino ,mine i get from the hospital they are coated it seems ,but before that any chemist

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Thanks a lot but currently misses is paranoid about going out. A few weeks ago she venture out with friends to eat and ended up at a place that someone was supposed to be infected.  A few days later ask to go down to Banglamung for test, first visit 6 hours wait, since she had no signs told to go home quarantine herself until test results (negative)  few day thereafter told to come down again for secondary test ( also negative ) after this I seriously doubt she is going to go down with me?

Actually what do you need ( paperwork ) when visiting?  Thanks

image_2021-05-03_081122.png

11 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

So it seems that only farang with Thai ID or Thai social security number will be able to register for vaccination. I figure that will bar a majority of long term residents

Not true.  I'm registered and don't have either.  I didn't use the app either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Not true.  I'm registered and don't have either.  I didn't use the app either.

Could you maybe explain how to register without ID or app ?

Is that on a list at a private hospital or registered with an appointment for first wave of over 60s vaccinations ?