Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Not true.  I'm registered and don't have either.  I didn't use the app either.

The Mor prom programme is only there to make things easy for both sides as said you can register offline  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

The Mor prom programme is only there to make things easy for both sides as said you can register offline  

I'm not yet convinced that is actually true in all localities. I'm not aware of even one report here of an expat signing up for an appointment manually (with passport) in Pattaya and Pattaya is chock full of expats. 

Edited by Jingthing

21 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Harden up.

Or how about you get a pink ID card and learn some Thai language since you live here.

Then maybe you could translate their website for them.

We are getting vaccines, stop complaining. 

You want the Thai government and your embassy to do everything for you and if they don't you get angry?

Aggressive and invasive language. We sre getting the vaccines you say ? Where, when, how..there is no clarity. These complaints and concerns are not about the price of fried rice.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jimbone said:

The wife got me registered (66 years old) on Monday after trying three times. (apparently the server was overloaded with requests). June 10th is my jab date. Had to use my ID from the yellow book (showing residence).  From what I understand, anyone over 60 and living in Thailand can register. Not sure what the vaccine will be but believe it to be astraveneca. The wife, being under 60 with none of the 6 or 7 pre-existing conditions (diabetes, hypertension, cancer, etc.) has to wait until July to register with shots starting around August. 

How, where did she register you? Software from LINE, a website? A hospital?  --thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpoliaOpima said:

According to Joe Cummings' Twitter today, the system is temporarily closed while updating to version 2.2,  From 7am this morning. 

Screenshot_20210503-064642_LINE.jpg

Received the same message at 6:30 am on Line this morning that the site was down for maintenance.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not yet convinced that is actually true in all localities. I'm not aware of even one report here of an expat signing up for an appointment manually (with passport) in Pattaya and Pattaya is chock full of expats. 

It's not true across the board. A friend in Chiang Mai tried registering at a hospital using his pink ID. He went with his Thai wife. She was allowed to register but he wasn't. He's now trying to register with MoProm. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

They added an additional info in the mor prom "app" which is being shown when registering:

Google translate:

This basically confirms what I wrote before, that the verification/validation was (and still is) flawed, and people who are not actually eligible (probably foreigners) were able to register.

I believe that refers to priority categories by age, occupation and underlying medical conditions, not nationality. Under 60s who are healthy can't register till July for example. 

40 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Could you maybe explain how to register without ID or app ?

Is that on a list at a private hospital or registered with an appointment for first wave of over 60s vaccinations ?

Wifey spoke with the local government officials in our area.  They're going around and signing up everybody.  I'm over 60, she's not, and we're both scheduled for July.  Though the exact date hasn't been set, nor the exact type of jab.  But for me, it'll be AZ for sure.

You can also work with your local hospital.  They're signing up people also.  Wifey tried the Mor Prom app, but being under 60, wouldn't let her do it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

And from what I understand, only for those over 60 with underlying conditions.  My friend got signed up for the AZ jab by his cardiologist.  He's scheduled for June 7th.

Just saw that in the profile section they have now allowed for the bottom box, which shows Target group to actually now show 5 option to choose from.  Medical worker, aged 60 and above, Those with underlying diseases, Covid 19 staff, and now General Public as the final group eligible.  Yesterday this box was fixed with what you had put in when you registered.  Still asks for the ID number which is the 13 digit ID from the front of the ID card, does not show an option for any other number.

7 minutes ago, SpoliaOpima said:

It's not true across the board. A friend in Chiang Mai tried registering at a hospital using his pink ID. He went with his Thai wife. She was allowed to register but he wasn't. He's now trying to register with MoProm. 

Had the same experience Sunday May 2, 3pm at Chaengwattana (private) hospital in Bangkok. They said, they can sign up Thai people but it was not accepting foreigners yet, she even tried my card, which was declined.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Most of our embassies are telling us they won't help us directly with doses. Could they possibly help in another way? Such as lobbying the Thai authorities to provide the app in English, allow passport numbers, and officially make it clear that high risk foreigners can be in the earlier group?

Now,now, your using common sense.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw that in the profile section they have now allowed for the bottom box, which shows Target group to actually now show 5 option to choose from.  Medical worker, aged 60 and above, Those with underlying diseases, Covid 19 staff, and now General Public as the final group eligible.  Yesterday this box was fixed with what you had put in when you registered.  Still asks for the ID number which is the 13 digit ID from the front of the ID card, does not show an option for any other number.

You mean it does not ask for the reverse ID card number? Your software seems different from others, can you say precisely what it is where, how you got it? --thanks.

Edited by rabas

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

Your software is different from many others, can you say precisely what is it where, how you got it? --thanks.

It is the Mor Prom App for Line that I downloaded by using the Line QR code reader on this QR

image.png.72d4539e9c25616545002ae0ccdd3c

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are a resident in Thailand you can apply for the pink card at your local district office. It's not that expensive but takes time and a lot of form filling. Very useful when you need a proof of residence, eg, for a driving license or buying a car.

As to the ability to use an app on LINE to register for a vaccination, it is all in Thai. Because I couldn't fill it in I went to the local Pattaya City Hospital to try to make an appointment. They knew nothing about any bookings for vaccinations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maddermax said:

As to the ability to use an app on LINE to register for a vaccination, it is all in Thai.

Have a Thai person help you use the app and see if you can register.  Luckily i read just enough Thai to have muddled my way through it and successfully registered on Saturday night. 

34 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Wifey spoke with the local government officials in our area.  They're going around and signing up everybody.  I'm over 60, she's not, and we're both scheduled for July.  Though the exact date hasn't been set, nor the exact type of jab.  But for me, it'll be AZ for sure.

You can also work with your local hospital.  They're signing up people also.  Wifey tried the Mor Prom app, but being under 60, wouldn't let her do it.

Maybe in your locality it's one way. Don't project nationally based on one location. 

26 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just spoken to my son,he has just phoned the app people and they say it is down for upgrading,any non Thai that registered will not get the vacine as its Thai people only,he mentioned that many had registered but they say will not be honoured,God knows who is right,but our son is very articulate and runs an import company so no fool.

Amazing Thailand

The app is up and running with the new version V.2.2.2 as of about 30 minutes ago. If they truly wished it to be Thais only then they would have fixed the ID field to not accept ID'S starting with 06 and such. Just my view of course and easily done.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just spoken to my son,he has just phoned the app people and they say it is down for upgrading,any non Thai that registered will not get the vacine as its Thai people only,he mentioned that many had registered but they say will not be honoured,God knows who is right,but our son is very articulate and runs an import company so no fool.

Amazing Thailand

Did he call this number, the Maw Phrom hotline?

Maw Phrom Call Center: 1422, 02 792 2333

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maddermax said:

If you are a resident in Thailand you can apply for the pink card at your local district office. It's not that expensive but takes time and a lot of form filling. Very useful when you need a proof of residence, eg, for a driving license or buying a car.

As to the ability to use an app on LINE to register for a vaccination, it is all in Thai. Because I couldn't fill it in I went to the local Pattaya City Hospital to try to make an appointment. They knew nothing about any bookings for vaccinations.

Yes as I strongly suspected. Expats both with the ID numbers or only with passports are most probably NOT  going to be able to manually sign up at any Pattaya hospital public or private. 

At least for the time being. 

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The app is up and running with the new version V.2.2.2 as of about 30 minutes ago. If theyvtruly wished it to be Thais only then they would have fixed the ID field to not accept ID'S starting with 06 and such. Just my view of course and easily done.

Which is basically(*) what they did since Sunday and why foreigners couldn't sign up since then.

*They don't check if the ID starts with 6, but they verify the "laser code" (code on the back starting with JT), which pink ID cards don't have and thus pink ID cards fail the verification now.

Edited by jackdd

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The app is up and running with the new version V.2.2.2 as of about 30 minutes ago. If theyvtruly wished it to be Thais only then they would have fixed the ID field to not accept ID'S starting with 06 and such. Just my view of course and easily done.

Agree, they can easily reject numbers in their database at any time, no need for expensive, time consuming software changes for the ap.

Back to my old Q, in the new V2.2.2, do you see the login screen that asks for the 13 digit number and does it have an entry box for the card reverse laser code?

Edited by rabas