Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

13 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Gee you are hard work.

Do you think you could call them yourself or do really want me to do that for you also? 

More insults.

I think that's very messed up.

I asked you a direct question to openly confirm something that I think you strongly implied before and you refused to answer.

So of course anyone would take that as a no.

No, you have not manually registered in Pattaya with your passport number.

So whether that is actually possible or not in Pattaya taking into account what Sheryl said about Pattaya being loaded with expats appears to not yet  be known. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scpchris said:

Have any westerners >60 been successful registering for the vaccine with passport number or Thai DL number?

It's not possible with the online tools.

As I'm in Pattaya that's my focus. Private hospitals aren't taking names now.

Trying to determine the situation with public hospitals and clinics.

So far I think no credible report of succes with that either. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone managed to get an appointment/register online today?

Seen a few reports of "incorrect, foreigner ID number not accepted" appearing now in another thread and on twitter.

Possible they did not expect foreign IDs

3 minutes ago, Shannoblic said:

Hi All,

On Tuesday or Wednesday I will be attending my local private hospital for my monthly check-up and supply of tablets.  My doctor is very helpful and friendly and I will be asking if I can purchase vaccination now.

I will update this thread when I have his reply.  

Please inform us of which city and which hospital when finding out.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, appleman said:

I got on the list at Chiang Mai Ram Hospital, not worrying about the free government list. 

May I ask, if you got on the list in person at Ram, or did you accomplish that via email or telephone?  Last week, I wrote Ram and asked if they had begun a wait-list for expats.  I received a "nothing happening now" reply.  Perhaps that has changed?

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Most of our embassies are telling us they won't help us directly with doses. Could they possibly help in another way? Such as lobbying the Thai authorities to provide the app in English, allow passport numbers, and officially make it clear that high risk foreigners can be in the earlier group?

Having worked out of an unnamed British Embassy in my past life what you suggest is perfectly normal to Joe Public but not to those within the BEs around the world they don’t think logically I’m sorry to say ☹️☹️☹️

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I found this video very educational, and simple to follow.

It clears up any misconcception about good and bad vaccines and the confusion over efficacy. These rates we all see are not comparing apples with apples.

As the doc says when asked 'what vaccine should I take' the answer is 'whatever you are offered' (Except here no SInovac for 60+)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, looplaw said:

Is there an English version for mor prom to register for vaccine?

It appears there isn't an English version.

Its not too hard just to sit with a Thai person and get them to read you the questions and enter your answers.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, looplaw said:

Is there an English version for mor prom to register for vaccine?

There are explanations of how-to-use by other posters on this site.

It is not clear if having a pink card will do you any good, as nobody has been to an appointment yet.

Just now, Peterw42 said:

It appears there isn't an English version.

Its not too hard just to sit with a Thai person and get them to read you the questions and enter your answers.

It's hard if your wife has very little Thai reading skills and zero Thai writing/typing skills. Her English is ok but it's very hard, if not impossible for her to be of any assistance in these 'official' situations. Have to alwas muddle through.

I am sure I am not alone on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

It's an integral part of the Thai beaurocratic process, and it links into other various Thai departments etc.

Why should it accept foreign passport numbers which are issued by other countries and Thailand has no input or control over issue or checking whether the passport number is still valid or supersededed, cancelled etc? 

This is reality, why 'sad'?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I suspect that it varies by Province.

Here on Samui I was told not to bother. If I walked in for my appointment, I would be sent away again. Thais only until more vaccines are available.

They were very apologetic.

I wouldn’t worry too much ... Just save up your money to pay for something 

1 hour ago, scpchris said:

Have any westerners >60 been successful registering for the vaccine with passport number or Thai DL number?

For clarification, I successfully registered yesterday and I am 56, and I know that another poster who is over 60 successfully registered yesterday as well. Of course it was by using the Non-Thai ID card 13 numbers.  The Thai DL is only 8 numbers long, so it will not work as it needs to be 13 digits, the same with a passport, as they are not 13 digits long either. Here was the response I received on the Line app.

Screenshot_20210502-130801_LINE.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have successfully registered for the Covid-19 Vaccine in Phuket.  I used a Phuket-specific website (not the Doctors Ready, mor prom Line Official Account) because it is what Phuket residents were asked to use.  It only works if you are resident in Phuket.  I used a website called in English, Phuket Must Win, which is this site here:

https://xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/

I used my Thai National ID number as it appears on the second page of my yellow house registration book (also known as the tabian bahn for foreigners, or yellow book for short).

After I was registered I checked when my appointment was (as a test to see if I were really registered) and got the following message (translated from the original Thai by Google Translate):

"Name-Surname <my name appears here>

We have received your registration.

Please wait for the announcement of the allocation of the first vaccine appointment when we know the deadline for delivering the vaccine from the Ministry of Public Health."

Again, this website is only for use by Phuket residents and is different from the Doctors Ready (mor prom) Line Official Account).  By the way, I was unsuccessful trying to use mor prom using either my Thai National ID number from my yellow house registration book, or the Tax ID from the Revenue Department of Thailand.  I understand that people with a pink ID card have been successful with registering at mor prom.  There's a point in mor prom where it asks for a number that people who have a pink ID card can find on the reverse of their pink ID (sort of like the security code on credit cards).  If you don't have the pink ID card there's nowhere for you to get this number.  So my attempt to use mor prom failed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I successfully registered yesterday and I am 56, and I know that another poster who is over 60 successfully registered yesterday as well.

Manually somewhere I assume if using passport number.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Manually somewhere I assume if using passport number.

Sorry, I edited my response to add in the details.  It was a Thai ID.  Passport numbers and DL numbers are not 13 numbers long and will not work.

• Like 1