Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

Thai people use Facebook and LINE every day. These are USA social networks which tell people that Chinese vaccine is not good. This will give a hope for foreigners that don't believe the Western Department of Truth. A hope that there will be enough vaccine for us.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TigerandDog said:

that's exactly what the Thai govt is doing to us, excluding based on immigration status. The only way to have that reversed is to threaten these morons running the country with the same exclusion to their citizens.

As an American, I don't want to see harm done to Americans because of troubles in Thailand's vaccination program for foreigners. Excluding Thais from the vaccine in the US would be self-destructive.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, maddermax said:

How do you get the Mor Prom app on LINE as it is not in the App Store?

I wish they would stop calling it an app (like something you would download from the Play Store/App Store).  It's not an app, though I wasted time trying to find it in the Play Store. ????

It's a Line Official Site.  Line is an app and can be obtained from the Play Store/App Store.  Then you can start the Line app and scan a QR code to access the Official Site of mor prom.  See this posting for all the details...

Note: clicking on the grayed-out arrow in the upper right-hand corner of the following takes you directly to the relevant comment.  Clicking elsewhere merely takes you to the topic thread (the beginning of this thread) which is hardly helpful.

Edited by skatewash
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My wife registered me on the Chonburi specific web page early in the week. Yesterday she checked the mor prom and my name came up straight away, details had been uploaded by my hospital.

Appointment for 7th June. Maybe I will get offered another appointment.

Pardon. did she use your pink card information?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

that's exactly what the Thai govt is doing to us, excluding based on immigration status. The only way to have that reversed is to threaten these morons running the country with the same exclusion to their citizens.

Nationalism kills 

im not even going to bother wasting my time trying to register

there is NO WAY any foreigner will get a free jab before all Thais have received.

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY

for those desperately wanting this poison injected into their bodies, I am sure you can buy it for a lovely expensive price from Bkk Hospital

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bluesea said:

Anything to do with the words " Free " or "Falang" in Thailand you know there is a Catch to it..

If it is too good to be true maybe it isnt.

What's funny is that most of us would be happy to pay but the private hospitals Mai mee.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My wife registered me on the Chonburi specific web page early in the week. Yesterday she checked the mor prom and my name came up straight away, details had been uploaded by my hospital.

Appointment for 7th June. Maybe I will get offered another appointment.

Thank you for this comment.  Do you know the link for the Chonburi-specific website?  If so, it might be helpful to others in that province. 

My own experience is that I was able to register using the Phuket-specific website but was totally unsuccessful using the nationwide mor prom Line Official Account.  Personally, I find using a computer and a website to be infinitely easier to use than a kludgy smart phone app, but I guess I'm just a technological dinosaur. ????

• Thanks 1

Just now, nickmondo said:

im not even going to bother wasting my time trying to register

there is NO WAY any foreigner will get a free jab before all Thais have received.

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY

for those desperately wanting this poison injected into their bodies, I am sure you can buy it for a lovely expensive price from Bkk Hospital

No you can't.

• Like 1

I also have a Thai pink id-card, but I will never get ant covid-19 vaccine. There is only a 1,6 chance of getting severe complications with covid-19 and less chance to die. Also if one have bloodtype O the risk is even lower.

There is a higher risk of both getting killed or badly injured in the Thai traffic, than if one gets covid-19. 

12 minutes ago, maddermax said:

How do you get the Mor Prom app on LINE as it is not in the App Store?

Im a ex profiler/body language etc, I should have studied star gazing, so I could practice wishing upon a star for a clear Thai explanation, or maybe reading tea leaves. 

No good getting out knickers in a knot, tommorows Headline will set us straight, via a 180 somersault !

The "free stuff fairy", will explain!

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Same here.

It's the back of the Pink ID card for foreigners with letters then numerals as well as the initial 13 number Pink ID number for foreigners. I registered quickly and easily today, for Hua Hin.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

The app was over loaded and crashed. Wifey has been trying to use it and just got it working only to find out right now it's only for those over 60 or health care workers.

Over 60"s has been widely advertised for a long time.

7 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Where is this?  Does it have a url?  Thanks.

I don't know if it is actually a web page or an app or what, didn't ask. My wife got the info from the village head and she did something on her phone. That also needed the Thai ID.

All I really know is I had to try and remember my blood group.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

I also have a Thai pink id-card, but I will never get ant covid-19 vaccine. There is only a 1,6 chance of getting severe complications with covid-19 and less chance to die. Also if one have bloodtype O the risk is even lower.

There is a higher risk of both getting killed or badly injured in the Thai traffic, than if one gets covid-19. 

OK. Can you hook up a brother with your doses then?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

It's hard if your wife has very little Thai reading skills and zero Thai writing/typing skills. Her English is ok but it's very hard, if not impossible for her to be of any assistance in these 'official' situations. Have to alwas muddle through.

I am sure I am not alone on this one.

I told my significant other , learn English or say Goodbye , within 2 months she learned it , enough BS 

Edited by Aomelia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TaoNow said:

Do you really want to register if you cannot choose the brand of vaccine you receive when the time comes?

Exactly right. Who in their right mind would sign up to take a vaccine from China? Too many people are being "feared" into taking anything like it is going to eliminate you from contracting Covid and your life goes back to normal. 

There simply isn't enough data to show, not only the long term side effects of any vaccine, let alone using some marginally performing one. We had a visit asking all who lived at our place and would they be interested in signing up for a Sinovac Covid vaccine injection when they become available. My wife politely declined.  I will gladly pass and continue with the current Covid safety standards and wait until some better options present themselves.

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

Exactly right. Who in their right mind would sign up to take a vaccine from China? Too many people are being "feared" into taking anything like it is going to eliminate you from contracting Covid and your life goes back to normal. 

There simply isn't enough data to show, not only the long term side effects of any vaccine, let alone using some marginally performing one. We had a visit asking all who lived at our place and would they be interested in signing up for a Sinovac Covid vaccine injection when they become available. My wife politely declined.  I will gladly pass and continue with the current Covid safety standards and wait until some better options present themselves.

Who knows if you can travel with Chinese Vaccine or Russian 

• Like 1

Just now, JAFO said:

Apparently if you're over 60 they aren't even allowed to give you Sinovac. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Unfortunately that is a question I cannot answer.

Although I have nothing to substantiate my opinion I believe that when the supply of the Covid vaccine Improves they will be available from private hospitals, considering they have been supplying most of the other vaccines for years there is no logic not to supply this one

From a reddit   reply : This government has ordered Pfizer and Moderna- will be a private option from August. Why not wait for the best.