Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

2 hours ago, coulterni said:

The government probably expect most genuine residents have learnt some thai and have got the pink ID card which has been offered to them . The advantage of the pink ID card has become more beneficial than just trying to get the cheap rate at the national park . 

Just how do you get a pink card? No need to answer - I have read the requirements:

your passport

your work permit (if any)

your house registration (Ta bian ban)

your marriage certificate (if any)

your 2 books for permanent residency (if you are permanent resident)

birth certificate of Thai children (if any)

Yet migrant workers (our friend's maid) just pay 10K baht and get it within 1 week.

Anyone know how we can do that?

10 minutes ago, snawa said:

It's the back of the Pink ID card for foreigners with letters then numerals as well as the initial 13 number Pink ID number for foreigners. I registered quickly and easily today, for Hua Hin.

Understand you used your pink card info. Where did you register it? Line, Website? Hospital?

Thank you.

Edited by rabas

1 minute ago, Aomelia said:

Who knows if you can travel with Chinese Vaccine or Russian 

Currently all I have read is that none of them eliminate you from a returning 14 day quarantine. My wife and I were going to fly to the US and get the Pfizer vaccine and see family and friends. (Yes!!! you have a choice and no waiting). However my wife read that returning home here is still a ridiculous jump through hoops process even if properly vaccinated.  So plans scrapped and just wait for the near term 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

So I just finished trying the Mor Prom app for over an hour. Put my name in with Thai script (as shown on my ID), with/without middle name, Roman script, card number with/without spaces, always with the number from the back of the card. All I ever saw was a message in Thai saying "Please enter your information correctly," with an "agree" button. I'm now wondering if they changed the app overnight, or whether it depends on your province, as someone suggested above.

Same here, I gave up.

I tried on my Android phone and also on my Window laptop, same message everytime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PGSan said:

How does this get offered to me?

It doesn't.  You pursue it at your local amphur (or amphoe, the local government town or district office, municipality.  Called khet in Bangkok).  They should be able to tell you the requirements for getting a yellow house registration book (a foreigner tabian bahn).  You will definitely need the cooperation/support of your landlord.  If you are your own landlord it's an easier process assuming you are easy to deal with. ????  It's typically only for those on a long-term extension of stay such as a retirement extension or marriage extension, blue book for the residence, and often involves getting translation of documents like passport and maybe even birth certificate, and often witnesses who know you to come testify in person.  Exact requirements vary by amphur.  Once you obtain a yellow book which is typically free you normally are able to obtain a pink ID which is also typically free or cost a very nominal fee. 

Unless you're in my district, in which foreigners can get a yellow book as I have but not a pink ID because they believe pink IDs should only be given to migrant workers.  This is Thailand. ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PGSan said:

So why did you get us all,excited by calling it a web page!  ??

Because I think she said it was the local government website but every chance she would have said the same had it been a local government app. 

I didn't do it so I don't know for sure, why not ask the village head.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's correct. 

Thank you.

Neither BPH or PIH are taking bookings. 

Do you think government hospitals in Pattaya would manually sign up expats with only passports? Or wait? Any particular hospital?

Also what's your opinion about people over 60 with some other conditions taking Sinovac? I'm hearing sometimes that would be inappropriate. 

I am also in Pattaya and have been looking for a vaccine.

Now I am on the waiting list at Samitivej hospital, the nearest from Pattaya is in Chonburi I believe but I go to BKK if needed.

I have the pink ID card so I might try register at some stage.

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital.

Thank you for the information. We already added your name in our Covid vaccine waitlist. Our OPD nurse team will contact and update you accordingly once they have new information on the vaccine.

Note: We are aiming to have the vaccines available for private purchases through our hospitals after the 2nd quarter of 2021, given the recent situation of procurement worldwide. Please be informed that despite the wait-listing registration we now offer, we are yet to have full information on exactly which vaccine(s) will be available to us, how many doses we will be able to procure, or what the price of each dose will be at this point in time. When the information becomes clearer, we will be sure to keep you updated with the details.

Best regards, 

Joan Sumcad
AI Contact Officer
Assistance Intelligence Contact Center
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital
Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, malibukid said:

does Thailand allow  returning expats to forgo quarantine if they have been fully vaccinated?  might be easier to just fly home for a month?

Nope, 14 days in quarantine has be reinstated

19 minutes ago, PGSan said:

So why did you get us all,excited by calling it a web page!  ??

I have tried all three: LINE, MOPH website, and Android app. The first two act the same, just kept telling me to enter my data correctly. The app from the play store appeared to come from Chonburi Hospital. I repeatedly enter my pink card number and phone number. A box popped up telling me who's eligible (no mention of Thai citizenship, but it was in Thai, so they assume?). They were supposed to send an access code by SMS to my phone, but it never came. I'm just gonna wait a few days. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Apparently if you're over 60 they aren't even allowed to give you Sinovac. 

Nothing apparent, this is from February.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Monday he would personally receive the Sinovac vaccines when they arrive. Despite Thai health authorities limiting its usage to people under 60, Prayuth, who is 66, said he was ready for his dose.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-idUSKBN2AM1BX

Just now, sandyf said:

Nothing apparent, this is from February.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Monday he would personally receive the Sinovac vaccines when they arrive. Despite Thai health authorities limiting its usage to people under 60, Prayuth, who is 66, said he was ready for his dose.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-idUSKBN2AM1BX

It's May now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PGSan said:

More vagueness about websites!  Please always post the url with such information.

I can only assume you're joking.  If so, good one. ????  If not, you might try reading the rest of the comment you "quoted" by clicking on the greyed-out arrow in the upper right-hand corner of the "quote".

39 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

im not even going to bother wasting my time trying to register

there is NO WAY any foreigner will get a free jab before all Thais have received.

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY

for those desperately wanting this poison injected into their bodies, I am sure you can buy it for a lovely expensive price from Bkk Hospital

My friend is scheduled to get his June 7th. He's in a high risk group. I'm pretty sure I read about an expat in Phuket who just got jabbed. I'll try to find the post.

First up are people over 60 and in high risk groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1