Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

13 minutes ago, malibukid said:

does Thailand allow  returning expats to forgo quarantine if they have been fully vaccinated?  might be easier to just fly home for a month?

No, currently (if arriving after May 6) everyone does 14 day quarantine regardless of vaccination status.  A recent change, you used to only have to quarantine for 7 days if you had been vaccinated but that was changed in response to the recent upswing in covid cases.  Subject to change in the future, but that's the situation now.

• Like 1

Well the wife has been trying to register me with my pink card for hours ,it just says the no is not correct ,so ,i cant see how i can register ,especially as i use my pink card at Chonburi hospital no problem.

7 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

My friend is scheduled to get his June 7th. He's in a high risk group. I'm pretty sure I read about an expat in Phuket who just got jabbed. I'll try to find the post.

First up are people over 60 and in high risk groups.

I haven't read one thing that is a clear announcement that high risk non Thais are included along with Thais in the earlier schedule for that group.  Have you? Can you link it if so?

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

Blue Book, Yellow Book, Pink ID

What if I am colour blind?

Those aren't their real names or what the Thais refer to them as.

eg The bluebook is called "tabian baan" which translates literally as "House Registration" book.

The color coded simplification is just for the farangs who live here and can't speak any basic Thai. It makes it easier for them.

The Thais are nice like that.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This news story angers me. It ignores the basic problem that the online registration tool will not accept passport numbers.  It's OK to state happy good news for some but there needs to  be major emphasis on how so many expats including high risk ones are blocked BY THE DESIGN of this tool to register. Recently the government announced that all foreigners in Thailand are included in the vaccine program. Really? How is that real if so many of us are blocked from registering?

I couldn't agree more. I myself is over 60 years of age and with history of Heart condition, hypertension, and diabetic.  I have tried to contact various authorities to find out how am I going to get my vaccine shot, but nobody even bothered to reply.  I have been locked here since early December 2019, haven't seen my family back home.  I have declined to travel in a specially arranged flight organized by our embassy for fear of being infected in the process.  I even made donations towards the development of a vaccine at the beginning of the pandemic with the hope of being added to the priority list, as stated, only to find out that only Thais are can be registered.  The donation was accepted though.

Some reports mentioned that other countries don't provide vaccines for expats, but I know for a fact my country not only provide the vaccine free for all locals and expats without any discriminations, but testing, and hospitalization too. 

Are we suppose to be sitting ducks and see what luck future holds for us

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I haven't read one thing that is a clear announcement that high risk non Thais are included along with Thais in the earlier schedule for that group.  Have you? Can you link it if so?

Have you tried ringing your embassy?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mfd101 said:

A couple of comments:

(1) Just about all the vaccination programs in every country so far (with a very few exceptions such as Israel) have started out a shambles. Getting the thing organized is a massive task even for well-run & rich countries such as Oz. It takes time but eventually the numbers vaccinated start to soar and things settle down. Even the anti-vaxxers start to line up. In shambolic Thailand it's not remotely surprising that things are shambolic. Be patient.

(2) The obsession on this site with 'private hospital' and 'free choice' is likely to be disappointed, at least till quite late in the process. I think in most 'Western' countries the campaign is run, and tightly run, by government agencies. Not every country is an American free-enterprise get-out-of-my-way paradise. Governments receive - all too slowly - the vaccinations they have ordered - or those that become available whether ordered or not - and then distribute them to the administering agencies, usually government ones at large government sites rather like field hospitals. That's the only way anyone can cope with the numbers involved. Later in the process your local GP gets involved at his or her clinic.

As you've mentioned other countries, in UK, when you qualify either by age or medical history, your GP emails/ texts or presumably writes to you if you don't have the technology to book an appointment.

Alternatively (as in my case) when you know you qualify by age you can just log on to the Govt website and book your own appointments for both vaccines - I did this about 2 minutes after the announcement that I qualified! Result: first AZ Feb 18th, second coming up May 6th.

But, as you say, in Thailand the resources are far fewer (no NHS for a start) and obviously a very different healthcare system all round. And that's ignoring the efficiency or otherwise of Govt departments!

This, IMO, is partly due to the vagaries of the Thai visa "options" - some of you who may have lived there for years are still officially "tourists", some are presumably "non-resident aliens", some have pink cards etc etc. Given that variation, the job of sorting out who qualifies for what is somewhat convoluted - I make no comment as to the rights and wrongs of it all: that's merely an observation.

I do wish good luck to all of you who wish to be vaccinated and that you're able to get it done sooner rather than later either by the Govt or privately. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately after many attempts 

I am unable to download the 

Mor Prompt application,unlike others 

TV mentioned who have been successful.

I have a Line account and am standing by with my pink Thai ID card, plus I am in the qualifying age 

range.

I would really appreciate any guidance on the process to download the application and register.

I have been requested to scan the QR code but do not know how to do this on my IPhone; guidance and any assistance for this process 

would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah, doesn't take a genius to figure that one out about the lack of vaccine. Just as I mentioned above, even if you can get a Sinovac jab, it will take 2-3 more over a period of small time to bring you into the safe zone, and they plainly don't have enough to give people 3-4 jabs. Have to wait until Siam Bioscience comes miraculously to save the day for all the people in the Thai Kingdom. Sort of like Mighty Mouse's song but you can replace the I with a share holders title and name or Big P's.

Citation please. All I am seeing is two and that it is safe and effective. This smacks of Qanonsense and pointless China bashing. I will happily take whatever becomes available first.

I was at the local public hospital a few days ago and they asked me if I wanted to be put on the list. No problem.

Edited by cjinchiangrai
Add info
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is that your attempt at humor? I see no value in further communication with you. First you imply that you registered manually in Pattaya with only a passport when you obviously didn't. We're in a pandemic. Not the place to jerk people around with twisted mind games. 

Bye.

Still angry.

I sent you the link and information you asked me for and you obviously didn't even bother to read it did you?

I don't live in Pattaya so I didn't imply anything like that. I think you confused yorself.

But I took time out of my day to find the link and send it to you.

Without the ability to choose either Pfizer or Moderna, no thanks. Zero interest in the Sinovac junk vax. 

I will wait. And hopefully the higher quality vaccines will become available. I would rather choose a good one and pay for it, than get <deleted> for free. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Citation please. All I am seeing is two and that it is safe and effective. This smacks of Qanonsense and pointless China bashing. I will happily take whatever becomes available first.

I was at the local public hospital a few days ago and they asked me if I wanted to be put on the list. No problem.

It's seems objectively true that Sinovac is the cruddiest of the known brands. Even China admitted its inferior effectiveness. I'm not bashing. Just keeping it real.

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Without the ability to choose either Pfizer or Moderna, no thanks. Zero interest in the Sinovac junk vax. 

I will wait. And hopefully the higher quality vaccines will become available. I would rather choose a good one and pay for it, than get <deleted> for free. 

I understand but I would happily pay for Astra Zeneca. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Typical didn't they just announce ALL Foreigners will get the vaccine?
Of course they just didn't say when will it be after all Thai's get it first? I seriously hope not!
Anyways lets hope it's just another misunderstanding and ALL Foreigners will be able to register soon.
If that's not the case probably a stiff letter of complaint to Astrazeneca and the British Foreign Office may be in order.

Not true.  I've registered and got an appointment on 17 June.  

• Like 2

We, my Thai wife and me, are on holiday on Phuket, but live in Sisaket Province and yesterday we tried to register on the line app, me with pink ID card, but did not succeed.

Today we tried again and the registration were successful. 

My wife is not 60 yet, but have asthma and I am over 60.

We both chose appointments on 8. th. june 10 o'clock this year at the hospital in our town.

There were 60 numbers every hour from 8 o'clock and only very few taken.

Edited by perconrad
More info
  • Like 2

I don't have a pink card - the local uniform was being very difficult and obviously looking for an incentive. I might seek a jab using my wife's contacts here - you know, the Thai way - rather than go through official channels. She knows plenty of medical and local official staff and politicians, so I'll see what unfolds in the weeks ahead.

Saying it is available for foreigners and then not letting us register with our passport number is ridiculous and just doubletalk. Yes you can/no you can't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Exactly.  I'd much rather wait until I can pay for the vaccine of my choice from a private hospital!

Initial 16 million doses are AZ.  Sinovac will not be offered to over 60's 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

AZ for over 60's  - not Sinovac.  First 16 million doses - this current registration is all AZ 

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

In other words you're special and entitled.

If you've lived here for a while then you should have got a pink ID card ages OK.  Easy to do and many advantages including getting Thai prices in many places (but not all). And its free too. 

26 minutes ago, peterg40 said:

Unfortunately after many attempts 

I am unable to download the 

Mor Prompt application,unlike others 

TV mentioned who have been successful.

I have a Line account and am standing by with my pink Thai ID card, plus I am in the qualifying age 

range.

I would really appreciate any guidance on the process to download the application and register.

I have been requested to scan the QR code but do not know how to do this on my IPhone; guidance and any assistance for this process 

would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

You might find the attached guide helpful.

Basically, you click on the Line app on your phone.  My line account comes up in Chats.  Touch the little [-] symbol at the right hand side of the Search box and it starts a camera that can be used to scan the QR code.  I should point out I'm not a Line user, so I may be using the wrong terminology.  But if you scan the QR Code as mentioned in the attachment it will bring up the mor prom Official Site.  That's when the trouble begins. ???? While people reported success yesterday with using the pink ID card more recent reports suggest that it may no longer work (possibly to limit the people registering now to those who have a Thai ID card, not the pink ID equivalent for foreigners). Good luck!

COVID Vaccination Registration Information-02-05-2021.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I successfully got through using the app and have an appointment for June the 10th at the government  hospital Samui . My wife did the work on my phone using my Thai ID card. 

i will be disappointed if i get turned down .after it says over 60s including foreigners. lets hope they are true to their words.  

12 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

Not true.  I've registered and got an appointment on 17 June.  

Was that today or yesterday ?

People are suggesting it was working yesterday but today foreigners are blocked.

Just now, PEE TEE said:

I successfully got through using the app and have an appointment for June the 10th at the government  hospital Samui . My wife did the work on my phone using my Thai ID card. 

i will be disappointed if i get turned down .after it says over 60s including foreigners. lets hope they are true to their words.  

That was yesterday 1st at about 4pm 

3 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

Tried to register on Line. Problem when asked for the number on the backside of the pink card. My number starts with a B, but thais start with JT. With B I cannot complete registration. Any advice?

I used the B number yesterday and registered, needed to remove the spaces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

Tried to register on Line. Problem when asked for the number on the backside of the pink card. My number starts with a B, but thais start with JT. With B I cannot complete registration. Any advice?

I registered successful even my pink card also has B as the first number on the backside.

Are you sure all the other information is correct?

• Like 1