Yearly Bank statement for immigration

I know I’m not the first one to moan about it but with my annual extension renewal due at the end of the month I like to get organised early. So contact health insurance company to renew and 12 hours later I get an email with my certificate in both Thai and English in pdf format to print out. 
So off to the bank this morning and get told my 12 months of statements will be ready by the 12th, 10 days away the reason being holidays for next 2 days and then 7 days to do the statement. 
So, the insurance company can provide the needed in hours and the bank takes 10 days and yes I know that a bigger branch could probably do on the spot but it does show just how ridiculously different financial companies can be. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My bank tried to pull that 7 day thing with me. Not sure if the tellers do not know what to do or are just lazy.

I know the manager and she sat down and did it in about 20 minutes.

It is just printing out pages of your last 12 months and highlighting the deposits, signing/dating and she put some bank stamp on them add the letter.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

I have my required funds with the Kasikorn bank. Conveniently there is a branch 2 Sois down from immigration in Jomtien. They know exactly what immigration require and they do it for you in about 15 minutes, including an annual statement. Letter is Thb 100 and statement is 200.

maybe try at a branch near immigration , or change banks for your extension funds.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:18 PM, soi3eddie said:

Either accept the terms from your current bank or move bank/branch office! Kasikornbank does mine on the spot while I wait. Normally takes about 20 minutes to do the 12 month statement and bank letter.

You're lucky then. My Kasikorn insists it is done at an International branch in the next province!!! I started a month before because of covid and they still buggered it up! Now I have got the Intnl managers name, phone no. & email address for next year.????????????????

• Like 1

Maybe I'm missing something here, it has happened before. I have my 800,000 baht in Bangkok bank. No cards attached. It's purely for the immigration, extension of stay. Get the required letter in about 5 minutes. My local immigration has never, in 8 years, requested a statement, just my pass book & the bank letter.

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

I'm with TMB and I print my own 12 month statement from my online account, which is linked to my account with the 800k. No fee involved and takes 2 minutes.

1. What Immigration Office accepts home printed bank statements for extension of stay applications? AFAIK, Immigration usually wants the signed and stamped variety.

2. Most online Thai banking systems I'm familiar with only give you past six months access to transactions. Can't get anything further than that online with the ones I have.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

I'm with TMB and I print my own 12 month statement from my online account, which is linked to my account with the 800k. No fee involved and takes 2 minutes.

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. What Immigration Office accepts home printed bank statements for extension of stay applications? AFAIK, Immigration usually wants the signed and stamped variety.

2. Most online Thai banking systems I'm familiar with only give you past six months access to transactions. Can't get anything further than that online with the ones I have.

Sakon Nakhon does, which means that the Khon Kaen regional office does as well because I do a marriage extension by the income method so my application has to go there for final approval.

I download in bite sized lumps of 4 monthly statements, marry up my Wise transaction slips with them and I'm good to go. It's worked for the last 2 years no problem.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, it has happened before. I have my 800,000 baht in Bangkok bank. No cards attached. It's purely for the immigration, extension of stay. Get the required letter in about 5 minutes. My local immigration has never, in 8 years, requested a statement, just my pass book & the bank letter.

Same, same with KrungThai. Have never had to supply Imm with statements in 15 years.

2 hours ago, Surasak said:

Same, same with KrungThai. Have never had to supply Imm with statements in 15 years.

Yes, that's fine for the people who have the capital to keep ฿800,000 in an account. I've never been able to accumulate that much, and I've used the monthly income method for 39 years. The requirement for a 12-month bank statement was imposed last year and does not apply to people who are able to use the fixed deposit method. I'm glad you're so well off you can do that. You don't understand my (our) situation.

10 hours ago, Acharn said:

Yes, that's fine for the people who have the capital to keep ฿800,000 in an account. I've never been able to accumulate that much, and I've used the monthly income method for 39 years. The requirement for a 12-month bank statement was imposed last year and does not apply to people who are able to use the fixed deposit method. I'm glad you're so well off you can do that. You don't understand my (our) situation.

I do understand your situation very well, its called lack of forward planning. On the other hand you are possibly better off financially than me, I can't quite meet the monthly income required. But I also don't live to the limit of my means and am therefore able to save for the rainy days and more. Its all a matter of perspective.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. CM accepts them, and I print them (in colour ) the morning I go to the bank for my bank guarantee letter and have it stamped & signed.

2. As previously stated, TMB online banking allows me to print a statement for the past 12 months.

You're obviously not familiar with the TMB online banking system.

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 8:12 AM, TigerandDog said:

1. CM accepts them, and I print them (in colour ) the morning I go to the bank for my bank guarantee letter and have it stamped & signed.

2. As previously stated, TMB online banking allows me to print a statement for the past 12 months.

You're obviously not familiar with the TMB online banking system.

Thanks!

1. The devil's in the details, which you added the 2nd time around.

2. No, I don't have/haven't had a TMB account. But AFAIK BKKB, SCB and Ayutthaya are all the same about 6 months access online.