How to register in the Mor Prom app as a non-Thai

jackdd

23 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Considering that it looks like they want only Thais to register, it's of course also a bit questionable if they will honor appointments of foreigners.

What makes you think they only want Thais to register ?

• Like 1

The solution above is not working anymore already, if doing it this way the data is now also verified and without a proper laser code it fails.

But the data is still only verified client side, so if you know how to manipulate the response from the server you can still register, but this is too complicated for the average user here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tandor said:

..i may as well invest in a Ventilator and a bottle of Oxygen and hunker down.

Going to one of those mixed field hospitals then in addition to your oxygen bottle a box of condoms may be useful????

• Haha 2

I'm going to just keep hiding under the bed. I have a book supply to last me till around 2060 so I should be OK.

I have a friend in Melbourne who's just finished ploughing through Proust.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, jackdd said:

From all the reports of foreigners who report that they can't register today, and that the "app" requires the "laser code" starting with JT from the back of the card which pink ID cards don't have.

My suspicion is that yesterday they only had the checksum verification which pink ID cards pass, thus foreigners were able to register, but maybe last night they added the additional verification (name, birthday, laser code), which pink ID cards fail due to not having the laser code.

I understand where you are coming from, used to work in IT, but you expressed an opinion based on one scenario. 

As soon as my 13 digit number was entered my name came up, details had been put on by the hospital, hardly falls in line with not wanting foreigners.

Failing to enter through the back door doesn't mean a great deal. My Thai wife couldn't register on the app, not that she was bothered, she registered both of us with the local authority a week ago.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jackdd said:

From all the reports of foreigners who report that they can't register today, and that the "app" requires the "laser code" starting with JT from the back of the card which pink ID cards don't have.

My suspicion is that yesterday they only had the checksum verification which pink ID cards pass, thus foreigners were able to register, but maybe last night they added the additional verification (name, birthday, laser code), which pink ID cards fail due to not having the laser code.

Why do you Need an  "app" ? Madam digger Rang the Hospital today and they asked for the 13 Digit Number in the Yellow Book ,  Booked in for 8/06/20  at 1 Pm 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Why do you Need an  "app" ? Madam digger Rang the Hospital today and they asked for the 13 Digit Number in the Yellow Book ,  Booked in for 8/06/20  at 1 Pm 

Which Province? Hospital if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

Why do they always have to complicate things? Usually, you present a Thai ID card or, in the case of non-Thais, your passport number. With vaccine registration, passport numbers are not allowed. Why? Perhaps, according to swn59nj's post above, from 1st July that will change - Quote She told me that as of July 1 Foreigners can register for the vaccine.  And in August it should start.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

With vaccine registration, passport numbers are not allowed. Why?

Most likely because the registration is only for Thais.

37 minutes ago, digger70 said:

We had reports here on Thaivisa where people tried to contact their local hospital and were turned away, either because they said "no foreigners", or a general "you can't book an appointment here".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/2/2021 at 4:27 PM, Peterw42 said:

What makes you think they only want Thais to register ?

Went today to the Government hospital in Chiang Rai to register for a Covid vaccination.

The Information lady told me:  cannot, only for Thai, comeback in July.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I thought that foreigners can register using their pink card ID, but the system is only set up for that and not to take passport numbers. Are you saying that foreigners cannot register, which is the opposite to what I've read elsewhere?

• Like 1

I'm gonna forget about it till July and hunker down till then as most post on here are quoting that's when we can register.

Apart from driving my missus to hospital to get HER vaccine.

Thanks for the reassurance dear leader that us faring will be treated the same as Thai.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jackdd said:

We had reports here on Thaivisa where people tried to contact their local hospital and were turned away, either because they said "no foreigners", or a general "you can't book an appointment here".

One Must get the Right Person to talk too . One lady said that one Must have History at the hospital.

Nah,  Then talk to someone who knows better just don't take No for an Answer .

27 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I thought that foreigners can register using their pink card ID, but the system is only set up for that and not to take passport numbers. Are you saying that foreigners cannot register, which is the opposite to what I've read elsewhere?

Multiple reports are that f-rangs don't get doses until probably August with registration opening July. Yes even those with the magic numbers and online registration of June bookings. Vapor bookings? We shall see 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It looks like foreigners could register on the first day, because then the "app" didn't properly verify the data that people entered into it.

Since yesterday the "app" verifies the data that you put in (ID number, name, birthday, "laser code"), this verification fails if using data from a pink ID card (probably because the pink ID card doesn't have a "laser code", I can't inspect this further because I don't have valid pink ID card data), thus foreigners can't register anymore.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I'm gonna forget about it till July and hunker down till then as most post on here are quoting that's when we can register.

Apart from driving my missus to hospital to get HER vaccine.

Thanks for the reassurance dear leader that us faring will be treated the same as Thai.

Probably sensible now that appears that not suprisingly f-rangs are back of the bus status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Dunkelblum said:

Went today to the Government hospital in Chiang Rai to register for a Covid vaccination.

The Information lady told me:  cannot, only for Thai, comeback in July.

Same info here in Chiang Mai, at McCorormicK, Maharaj, nobody knew about foreigners yet. At Bangkok Hospital, no info yet on vaccines. At our local hospital my wife was told that only Thais can sign up for now. No mention of July.

Keeping fingers crossed.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, jackdd said:

I saw the many posts from people who have problems to register, most likely because the system is designed for Thai ID cards and also requests the "laser code" starting with JT on the back of the ID card only found on Thai citizen ID cards, not on pink ID cards.

I think you will find the system is similar to the Blue Book registration of a foreigner when being entered into the Blue Book, i.e. the Thai is the main holder of the House Blue Book.

In the case of registering foreigners into the Mor Prom App, I believe it would be similar to the above, i.e. the Thai Citizen uses their Thai ID Card which is in the system and then adds in others, e.g. family members, foreigners with Thai Pink ID Card over the age of 60 and with one of the conditions mentioned in the boxes to be ticked.

When my wife did this it also asked what the relationship was between me and her.

I could be wrong though and am sure someone can correct me if I am.

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

My wife managed to get me onto the system via her Thai ID Card and my Thai Pink ID Cards 13 numbers, but no appointment, she has been ringing the hospital throughout the day and the phones have been constantly engaged, so tomorrow will go there and see what the story is.

On some Facebook posts many Thais also couldn't get appointments via the Mor Prom App at the same hospital, with some saying the hospital wasn't linked up yet.

20 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My wife managed to get me onto the system via her Thai ID Card and my Thai Pink ID Cards 13 numbers, but no appointment, she has been ringing the hospital throughout the day and the phones have been constantly engaged, so tomorrow will go there and see what the story is.

On some Facebook posts many Thais also couldn't get appointments via the Mor Prom App at the same hospital, with some saying the hospital wasn't linked up yet.

Please don't go

If you are not ill then please stay away from hospitals as there are more germs in those places than anywhere else.

Please accept the fact that you are NIOT going to be able to get a jab until July at the earliest. 

We are all in the same boat and we have to go along with the government until the private hospitals tell us that the vaccine is available from them.

That Will be announced on here, somewhere as soon as it happens I'm sure.

So in the meantime, stay safe and avoid going anywhere near a hospital unless you are ill

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Please don't go

If you are not ill then please stay away from hospitals as there are more germs in those places than anywhere else.

Please accept the fact that you are NIOT going to be able to get a jab until July at the earliest. 

We are all in the same boat and we have to go along with the government until the private hospitals tell us that the vaccine is available from them.

That Will be announced on here, somewhere as soon as it happens I'm sure.

So in the meantime, stay safe and avoid going anywhere near a hospital unless you are ill

Appreciate the heads up and already know what your talking about, but been hiding under my bed for too long, and need to stretch my legs.

I will update you once I get back from the admin side of the hospital as to whether or not Mr Farang is entitled to make an appointment to set the record straight, in my favour or against.

5 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Good luck then buddy if you are determined  to do it

I'm due for the Influenza jab down the road at the local Dr's so I will be in the hood, when I get to the hospital up the road afterwards, I will push the misses out of the car to go to admin.....lol

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I'm due for the Influenza jab down the road at the local Dr's so I will be in the hood, when I get to the hospital up the road afterwards, I will push the misses out of the car to go to admin.....lol

Just stay safe...just do that. 

Be mindfull of where you are and you should be OK 

• Thanks 1