How to register in the Mor Prom app as a non-Thai

jackdd

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I am not "confident". I expect like everything else it will play out differently at different hospitals.

Key factors will be:

- whether central level issues clear guidance to hospitals that they can vaccinate foreigners as well as thais

- how much vaccine s received initially and whether it is perceived as adequate to the demand. Local health offices/hospital management are going to be very concerned about the possibility of public outcry if they are not able to honor appointments due to lack of vaccine on hand, and by that I mean outcry from Thais. This will be more of an issue in places with large foreign populations. Obviously a handful of foreigners isn't going to matter, but hundreds might if supplies are very limited - as they may be.

But there is nothing "illicit" about the bookings, whether they get honored or not.

I'm sorry that my use of the word illicit got a rise out of you as you refuted it again even after I explained I wasn't being literal. Actually it was done tongue in cheek. Oh well.

Edited by Jingthing

50 minutes ago, khunpon said:

I have managed to get an appointment with my Pink ID card. Initially, I failed a number of times, but eventually I managed it. One needs to follow the following:

1. Name must be in Thai, not in English. If you you have '-' in your last name you must enter it. In other words first name, last name must be exactly the same as it is printed on your ID card.

2. Birth year must be according to Thai calendar year.

3. The number on back of the ID card must be entered as B 99999999 (notice <space> between B and the first number) NOT B99999999. However, if your prefix consists of two characters as in their example 'JT' then you don't need the <space>.

I hope this helps. Choc dee.

I think I know what their bug is.  They do a simple 3bit checksum on the 13 digit ID.  So, they must do a checksum on the rear laser code. But when they wrote the software they assumed the JT9999999999 (12 places) format. But the pinkcard code is B9999999 (9 places).

So their checksum fails on many but not all laser codes depending on the exact digits. It looks like you fixed the checksum by adding a space. !! A Space technically adds 4 to the checksum.

Other codes may need to add 1, 2, or 3 spaces, and some numbers may not be fixable.

... and I may be wrong. If people would like to PM me B00000000 codes that worked and those that didn't, I can try to prove the bug. If so, I could then try to contact them.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm sorry that my use of the word illicit got a rise out of you as you refuted it again even after I explained I wasn't being literal. Actually it was done tongue in cheek. Oh well.

Wai and a 500 baht fine... it was all a misunderstanding.... ????

7 hours ago, rabas said:

I just tried the new  version  0.1.4 Chonburi Maw Prom app. It fails as before on both my wife's and my 13 digit IDs, immediately when trying to open an new account.

Is that  two Pink IDs failing Or one pink and one blue ?

When you say it fails, is that a message sayin data incorrect or a message saying not eligible.

From the source which may not be linked to, title:  'Thais, not expats' get jab priority

Thai people will always be given priority for Covid-19 vaccines, the Ministry of Public Health said yesterday, denying reports that some expats living in the kingdom would also be allowed to register for free jabs.

The ministry said while the government wanted take care of everyone living here, it had no plans to give free vaccines to expats due to very limited vaccine stocks, so Thai people would be the first to get it.

"The vaccines right now are only reserved for Thai people who are now at a high-risk level or living in the severe outbreak areas," said spokesman Rungrueng Kitphati. "They [expats] should wait for a clear policy from the government.

Anybody still wants to claim that foreigners are supposed to be able to register?

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Is that  two Pink IDs failing Or one pink and one blue ?

When you say it fails, is that a message sayin data incorrect or a message saying not eligible.

One blue and one pink, both residing in Bangkok long term.

1. Open app, go to bottom entry that says "Apply for new account", press

2. Enter 13 digit code in line 1, enter our mobile phone for OTP in line 2. Press line 3 button to verify the information.

3. Goes to information page explaining what and who the app is for (60+, conditions). Then says if you are not sure about using Maw Prom, call Maw Prom hot line no. etc.

Can only press OK, back to prior window, no way to escape loop, no way to proceed. OTP code never comes.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

One blue and one pink, both residing in Bangkok long term.

1. Open app, go to bottom entry that says "Apply for new account", press

2. Enter 13 digit code in line 1, enter our mobile phone for OTP in line 2. Press line 3 button to verify the information.

3. Goes to information page explaining what and who the app is for (60+, conditions). Then says if you are not sure about using Maw Prom, call Maw Prom hot line no. etc.

Can only press OK, back to prior window, no way to escape loop, no way to proceed. OTP code never comes.

Thanks for the info,

That sounds like its maybe more to do with a chonburi province app, and a BKK address.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Peterw42 said:

Thanks for the info,

That sounds like its maybe more to do with a chonburi province app, and a BKK address.

And or other issues further down in the database labyrinth. Though I must admire how quickly they are moving on a national scale. Maw Prom Chonburi had another update this AM.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, impulse said:

8/06/20?

Is that June 8, or August 6 of last year?

Just kidding about the last year, but I am curious how quick you got scheduled in.  Which date format?

Aussie & Dutch  Same ol same       8th of June 2021    ????

11 hours ago, khunpon said:

I have managed to get an appointment with my Pink ID card. Initially, I failed a number of times, but eventually I managed it. One needs to follow the following:

1. Name must be in Thai, not in English. If you you have '-' in your last name you must enter it. In other words first name, last name must be exactly the same as it is printed on your ID card.

2. Birth year must be according to Thai calendar year.

3. The number on back of the ID card must be entered as B 99999999 (notice <space> between B and the first number) NOT B99999999. However, if your prefix consists of two characters as in their example 'JT' then you don't need the <space>.

I hope this helps. Choc dee.

The number on the back of my card has B[space] 1234567[space] 8  ....  that is a space between the letter, and a space between the 7 digits and the 8th digit. So should one put both spaces in? 

10 hours ago, rabas said:

I think I know what their bug is.  They do a simple 3bit checksum on the 13 digit ID.  So, they must do a checksum on the rear laser code. But when they wrote the software they assumed the JT9999999999 (12 places) format. But the pinkcard code is B9999999 (9 places).

So their checksum fails on many but not all laser codes depending on the exact digits. It looks like you fixed the checksum by adding a space. !! A Space technically adds 4 to the checksum.

Other codes may need to add 1, 2, or 3 spaces, and some numbers may not be fixable.

... and I may be wrong. If people would like to PM me B00000000 codes that worked and those that didn't, I can try to prove the bug. If so, I could then try to contact them.

Will try later and let you know...I need my office staff to assist.

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry but I didn't mean that literally. 

Let's focus on the larger point.

Do you agree or disagree that the administrators of that online registration system INTENDED to allow non Thais to make vaccines June bookings or not?

I'm really not sure. 

They designed it for Thais, hence all in Thai language, with the intention of releasing a version designed for easy use by r foreigners later.

They had no intentions one way or the other about foreigners with Thai ID cards registering.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think any bookings will be honoured, as some people are still reporting being able to register..

In Chonburi There is still a specific Chonburi app running that continues to allow Pink card registrations. (it doesn't require the number from rear of card)

I know lots of people in Pattaya still registering every day.

If they really dont want foreigners turning up, they certainly have the ability to send a cancellation to anyone already booked.

The Government has already confirmed that foreigners who had registered via the Mor Prom app or the LINE app would not be offered vaccination in the June or July roll out.

I 'm just speaking personally but I think a safer bet is just to wait for private hospitals to begin vaccinating.

Last week, Thailand’s Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, finally made it clear that the ministry will assign the GPO to import the vaccines for private companies (i.e.: private hospitals).

Through the GPO, Private hospitals can now order vaccines, which have already been approved by the FDA, namely AstraZeneca, Sinovac and Johnson & Johnson. There are 3 brands, Pfizer, Moderna and Sputnik V, STILL waiting FDA approval, but once approved private hospitals will be able to order them as well.

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha approved the decision the other day after a meeting with the Public Health Ministry and the Private Hospitals Association the other day.

If there's actually some inertia on the part of the government, I think it might be possible to get vaccinated through a private hospital by August or September (just my optimistic opinion, mind you).

I think the government is motivated to make this happen because the Thai economy is not going to survive losing another high season of tourism.  If herd immunity is not reached during the fourth quarter and tourism is able to resume in ernest, things are going to get pretty bad here from an economic standpoint.

Edited by WaveHunter

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

People continue to report being able to register.

Not many, but then it seems those willing to try nonstop for hours did so on Day 1.

Actually, the Government confirmed that foreigners who had registered via the Mor Prom app or the LINE app would not be offered vaccination in the June or July roll out."

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Actually, the Government confirmed that foreigners who had registered via the Mor Prom app or the LINE app would not be offered vaccination in the June or July roll out."

Yeah but that might be reversed considering what an international public relations shirt show it would be have HIGH RISK registered people turned away for clearly discriminatory reasons. Sure they could cancel digitally but people could still show up.

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah but that might be reversed considering what an international public relations shirt show it would be have HIGH RISK registered people turned away for clearly discriminatory reasons. Sure they could cancel digitally but people could still show up.

Honestly I've kind of changed my view on this.  As has been pointed out by others, the app was clearly intended for Thai Nationals.  It was not promoted to foreigners at all.  The App is only in Thai.  Information made available to foreigners about the app did not come from official sources, but only through word-of-mouth in forums like TVF.

I'm not saying that authorities are ignoring foreigners.  I'm only saying that their priority for the June /July rollout is for Thai Nationals, and that's what the app was intended for.

All other countries with vaccine rollouts have done the same thing...made their own citizens the priority, so why should it be any different herre in Thailand?

Once private hospitals begin their rollout, it's not really going to matter...and I think this is going to happen a lot sooner than most of us realize.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

All other countries with vaccine rollouts have done the same thing...made their own citizens the priority, so why should it be any different herre in Thailand?

Any evidence or link welcome, certainly not true in Laos, Czechia, USA or UK.I attch Laos registraion declaration where anyone could get a free jab, excuse quality off aphone but you get the idea.

e4312182-a628-44d6-b5b0-9537aab3b27b.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

As has been pointed out by others, the app was clearly intended for Thai Nationals. 

And even for them it can be a  walk on the wild side to understand and get it to work.  There is no way most elderly will ever get booked without a lot of help.

28 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And even for them it can be a  walk on the wild side to understand and get it to work.  There is no way most elderly will ever get booked without a lot of help.

...but that seems to be the Thai way with all things digital LOL.  If you've ever tried to deal with Immigration's website, you know exactly what I mean.  The Thai motto seems to be, "Make it as confusing as possible, and make it so it crashes after the user has spent a lot of time trying to make it work"

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Honestly I've kind of changed my view on this.  As has been pointed out by others, the app was clearly intended for Thai Nationals.  It was not promoted to foreigners at all.  The App is only in Thai.  Information made available to foreigners about the app did not come from official sources, but only through word-of-mouth in forums like TVF.

I'm not saying that authorities are ignoring foreigners.  I'm only saying that their priority for the June /July rollout is for Thai Nationals, and that's what the app was intended for.

Once private hospitals begin their rollout, it's not really going to matter...and I think this is going to happen a lot sooner than most of us realize.

June was for high risk. High risk is high risk regardless of nationality. The USA even included undocumented people so don't even try to suggest that every country discriminated like that. It's not true.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, samtam said:

The number on the back of my card has B[space] 1234567[space] 8  ....  that is a space between the letter, and a space between the 7 digits and the 8th digit. So should one put both spaces in? 

No, you need a space just after B only. So its B[space]12345678. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

June was for high risk. High risk is high risk regardless of nationality. The USA even included undocumented people so don't even try to suggest that every country discriminated like that. It's not true.

The US is vaccinating undocumented aliens but not by depriving legitimate US citizens of vaccinations.  If there were not an abundance of supply, I think the situation would be quite different.

I suppose it's justified on the premise that one vaccinated illegal is one less person to spread the virus, but why the Administration even allows them inside the country to begin with is absolutely insane IMO.

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Some private hospitals have been trying to get government endorsement of vaccine purchases since last December. I remain sceptical about whether the health ministry's attitude is going to change any time soon, unless sweeteners for key officials are forthcoming.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

From the source which may not be linked to, title:  'Thais, not expats' get jab priority

Anybody still wants to claim that foreigners are supposed to be able to register?

I think Sheryl sums it up well in this post: 

She who must be obeyed does not want me to register. She claims that our neighbour, who is ages with me, was phoned yesterday by his daughter, who lives and works in Bangkok, instructing him to refuse to be vaccinated because too many people are dying from it. She, the neighbour's daughter, claimed that MANY MORE people in Bangkok are dying from the vaccination than from the virus. There is a massive campaign if disinformation being mounted.

7 minutes ago, Maybole said:

She who must be obeyed does not want me to register. She claims that our neighbour, who is ages with me, was phoned yesterday by his daughter, who lives and works in Bangkok, instructing him to refuse to be vaccinated because too many people are dying from it. She, the neighbour's daughter, claimed that MANY MORE people in Bangkok are dying from the vaccination than from the virus. There is a massive campaign if disinformation being mounted.

That's horrible. But it's as I have suspected. Vaccine hesitancy among Thais will be a major problem. But I understand not wanting Sinovac. Reportedly Thailand is not giving Sinovac to people over 60.

Further to my post above, this afternoon I managed to register at our local village health centre. My Tabien Ban Farang (Yellow Book), Passport and Pink Card were all scrutinised. There was a short consultation with a more senior official when they saw that my extension of stay had expired but I pointed out that I had an "under consideration" stamp for my new application and that satisfied them.

I was not given a date but I was instructed that I must refrain from alcohol, tea and coffee for a day before the injection until a day after. The alcohol I understand but I think coffee and tea are over the top

• 4 months later...

Here's a problem that I have not seen reported. When I got the vaccine jab, the admin at the hospital entered my phone number incorrectly.  I only found out because when I tried to register my ID/Phone combo on the app, it returned an error: Your ID was found, but the phone number you entered in the app does not match the system.
This means it could not get to the step where it sends me an SMS with a one-time password to authenticate myself.

So....I trudge back to the hospital to see what's going on.

Well...it seems like the hospital registration contacts the mor phrom server only ONCE to report your phone number. Because I looked and the number they had for me was not correct. They corrected it in their system, BUT....Mor Phrom server does not get updated so it NEVER recognizes my corrected phone number.

I don't know who to contact at Mor Phrom to get them to update my phone number so I can register. Anyone else dealt with this special problem?