Which Juicer do you recommend?

Hi All.

In search of recommendations.

With the economy the way it is at the moment, my friend wants to explore making smoothies as a possible income stream.

She needs a suitable juicing machine.

I suspect this venture won't go too far, so I thought a quality domestic product rather than an industrial model initially until the venture can be assessed.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable juicing machine readily available which won't break the bank?

My friend lives in the Thabo region where the most sophisticated outlet is a Tesco's store.

I'm out of the country otherwise I'd have a go at doing some research on the ground.

Cheers

Rocky

A good idea would be to study the different types of juicer first.

What will you be juicing? Fruit or vegetables or both?

We spent ages researching the market and finally chose OSCAR Model DA1200 Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor . It's expensive, but fits our requirements perfectly.

There are others that are much cheaper, but as I said do your research.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Just a remark, lazada delivers everywhere in Thailand. So location is not a problem.

Thanks

I might end up using Lazada once I work out what to order.

Although, given my past experience with them it would be quicker to fly to Thailand and buy one in person.

My current issue is that their verification code email hasn't come.

Don't ask me all the obstacles I've had to endure using their website.

Edited by rockyysdt

1 hour ago, petedk said:

A good idea would be to study the different types of juicer first.

What will you be juicing? Fruit or vegetables or both?

We spent ages researching the market and finally chose OSCAR Model DA1200 Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor . It's expensive, but fits our requirements perfectly.

There are others that are much cheaper, but as I said do your research.

Thanks Pete.

Mainly juicing fruit to make smoothies.

So it will juice fruit & ice, and sometimes maybe milk or soy.

Mangos, bananas, passion fruit, watermelon, kiwi fruit, and similar.

I think the Oscar might be a little overkill for my friends initial needs.

Not really sure what you mean by juicer.

Some think a juicer is a heavy duty blender,other think it is a machine that

extracts the liquid from fruits and vegetables.

We have a Reboot juicer and it is a heavy duty machine but not that costly.

https://thailandjuicer.com/สินค้า/เครื่องคั้นน้ำแยกกาก-reboot-master-6000-สีดำ/

Great service and easy delivery.

We have used it a lot and are very happy with it.

Lots of videos on Youtube.

38 minutes ago, jvs said:

Not really sure what you mean by juicer.

Some think a juicer is a heavy duty blender,other think it is a machine that

extracts the liquid from fruits and vegetables.

We have a Reboot juicer and it is a heavy duty machine but not that costly.

https://thailandjuicer.com/สินค้า/เครื่องคั้นน้ำแยกกาก-reboot-master-6000-สีดำ/

Great service and easy delivery.

We have used it a lot and are very happy with it.

Lots of videos on Youtube.

Looks a lot like the hurom i got. Though not sure if these are for smoothies. I would say more for juices then smoothies. 

But looks like a good machine for juicing. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Looks a lot like the hurom i got. Though not sure if these are for smoothies. I would say more for juices then smoothies. 

But looks like a good machine for juicing. 

Ours does both,very good machine.Had it for 5 years and it made a lot of juice and smoothies.We buy 10 kilo of cucumbers to detox and for weight control once a month.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i bought a 265 baht Lazada one recently and it's perfect, just buy her two of those, when they break she can replace but definitely VFM

I'd like to buy one or two, but when I log into Lazada Thailand (user name/password) the 6 digit e-mail verification code is never received.

I've tried yesterday, I've tried today, nothing.

I have to use e-mail as I'm out of the country.

The system is a catch 22.

It won't let you log a complaint unless you are logged in. 

Very exasperating.

I wonder how many millions in sales these guys loose each year?

21 hours ago, rockyysdt said:

Thanks

I might end up using Lazada once I work out what to order.

Although, given my past experience with them it would be quicker to fly to Thailand and buy one in person.

My current issue is that their verification code email hasn't come.

Don't ask me all the obstacles I've had to endure using their website.

Mr DIY stocks a cold press for a couple of thousand baht. But will it stand up to commercial usage?

23 minutes ago, rockyysdt said:

I'd like to buy one or two, but when I log into Lazada Thailand (user name/password) the 6 digit e-mail verification code is never received.

I've tried yesterday, I've tried today, nothing.

I have to use e-mail as I'm out of the country.

The system is a catch 22.

It won't let you log a complaint unless you are logged in. 

Very exasperating.

I wonder how many millions in sales these guys loose each year?

maybe it's in your junk folder? have a look

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

That doesn't sound like a juicer; but a blender. How can you juice ice? What are you thinking?

Sounds like you are referring to blenders and not juicers at all.

Thanks E.

I'm not up to the terminology used.

You're probably correct.

I think I'm after a blender.

I've discovered sellers are calling these juicer/blender.

Sorry for the confusion.

I've finally managed to receive the verification code so I can work on a shopping cart.

I appreciate your input as well as from the others.

Many thanks

1 minute ago, rockyysdt said:

Thanks E.

I'm not up to the terminology used.

You're probably correct.

I think I'm after a blender.

I've discovered sellers are calling these juicer/blender.

Sorry for the confusion.

I've finally managed to receive the verification code so I can work on a shopping cart.

I appreciate your input as well as from the others.

Many thanks

Operation sounded a bit upmarket with an actual juicer(cold press).  ????

She can find out exactly the models that her rivals are using and whether they are reliable and easy to clean.

Not sure why she expects you to do it from afar. You can pay but she should know of suitable products. She can ask suggesting that she wants one for her large family.

17 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

She can find out exactly the models that her rivals are using and whether they are reliable and easy to clean.

Not sure why she expects you to do it from afar. You can pay but she should know of suitable products. She can ask suggesting that she wants one for her large family.

I think it's partially the excitement of receiving and unboxing a delivered parcel.

She also has a mobility disability.

I did suggest a trip to Tescos but she thought I might have better judgment in making a selection.

Who am I to argue?  ????

22 minutes ago, rockyysdt said:

Thanks S.

I've been checking all the folders.

Thankfully, I finally received a reply bearing a code.

Things are looking up.

Here you go, this is the one I bought under 300 baht, works perfectly and cleans easy. High rating. If it breaks buy another one, no drama.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.Wk5rg

Screenshot_2021-05-03-16-56-31-389_com.lazada.android.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Here you go, this is the one I bought under 300 baht, works perfectly and cleans easy. High rating. If it breaks buy another one, no drama.

yes, that is a blender.

As someone else mentioned there is a difference between a juicer and a blender. Try putting celery in the above machine and you'll get all the fibres. Put an apple in and you get all the "meat" from the apple. Carrots and you'll get all the "flesh". A juicer separates all the juice from the solids.

For a smoothy, I guess a blender is ok.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, petedk said:

yes, that is a blender.

As someone else mentioned there is a difference between a juicer and a blender. Try putting celery in the above machine and you'll get all the fibres. Put an apple in and you get all the "meat" from the apple. Carrots and you'll get all the "flesh". A juicer separates all the juice from the solids.

For a smoothy, I guess a blender is ok.

We've already established they want a blender. Much better than a juicer anyway, take all the fibre out who thought that was a good idea

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

But will it stand up to commercial usage?

This.

You’ll burn through home/consumer grade blenders in no time if you are using them enough to make a profit.  

How do I know?

I worked for the original “Jamba Juice” (long before it was even named Jamba Juice) when I was in Uni and burned through multiple osterizers (not the cheap ones either) just throwing booze-smoothie parties for my friends.

Better to accept the fact that you’re gonna have to pony up for a commercial grade blender.

45 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thanks SS

Sadly this model is out of stock.

I've got a short list going.

Wednesday kicks off their sale period so I'll hang in there until then.

Edited by rockyysdt

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

250 w rating is very weak. Fine for rustling up smoothies for the family.  But will collapse under any pressure.

Not recommending anything in particular, but more power is needed: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/25l-1800w-i2243851401-s7498814585.html

10 minutes ago, Airalee said:

This.

You’ll burn through home/consumer grade blenders in no time if you are using them enough to make a profit.  

How do I know?

I worked for the original “Jamba Juice” (long before it was even named Jamba Juice) when I was in Uni and burned through multiple osterizers (not the cheap ones either) just throwing booze-smoothie parties for my friends.

Better to accept the fact that you’re gonna have to pony up for a commercial grade blender.

Good advice Airalee.

I suspect this venture will flop.

That's why the domestic blenders are to test the waters.

If things take off then it'll have to be commercial grade.

One thing, it's a swamp out there.

Not suspect there are many supposed commercial grade products which are cheap items masquerading as heavy duty.

6 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

250 w rating is very weak. Fine for rustling up smoothies for the family.  But will collapse under any pressure.

Not recommending anything in particular, but more power is needed: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/25l-1800w-i2243851401-s7498814585.html

Nah unnecessary, but spend as much as you want. The GF will probably be bored of doing smoothies by the end of the week and will want to open a Salon

7 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Thanks.

Just added it to my short list shopping cart.

Very much appreciated.

Looks like a generous power rating.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Nah unnecessary, but spend as much as you want. The GF will probably be bored of doing smoothies by the end of the week and will want to open a Salon

Definitely necessary, unless your assumption that she will have few to no customers is correct.

1 minute ago, rockyysdt said:

Good advice Airalee.

I suspect this venture will flop.

That's why the domestic blenders are to test the waters.

If things take off then it'll have to be commercial grade.

One thing, it's a swamp out there.

Not suspect there are many supposed commercial grade products which are cheap items masquerading as heavy duty.

Trust me.....you’ll burn through those home blenders before you can even test the waters.  I could kill one (or two) in a single party.  But I was a poor Uni student at the time so of course, I couldn’t afford a commercial blender (but since I knew the “secret recipe”, I threw the best parties!)

Get a Waring.  It’ll look super plain....will either have one or two speeds.  3hp   It’ll cost about $1000 (yeah....30k Baht) but it will be worth it.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Still worth ordering as a back up.

I can't see this venture turning out smoothies like a high street vendor, but only problem is it's out of stock.  ☹️