How do I explain COVID risk?

Lacessit

5 minutes ago, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

And i say of you are healthy, don't take a jab.

Wow, really?

I was just about to make an appointment to get the jab.

I'm not afraid of getting sick, but I am worried about all the negative consequences of not having it. Like employers might start to check. It all seems like too much hassle not to get it. 

But I agree. In a healthy body, it's not a major threat. 

On 5/2/2021 at 10:11 PM, Lacessit said:

Just had a discussion with my Thai GF, she doesn't want to be vaccinated against COVID.

You could try and show her some YouTube videos of what's going on in India at the moment, and how the virus infection numbers in the USA and the UK have dropped, both of those clearly changed my mind, in other words, we can wait and face the music eventually, or take the minimal risk associated with the adverse effects of the vaccines, if any.

Edited by 4MyEgo

On 5/2/2021 at 7:27 PM, covidiot said:

You hardly need Chinese or Russian govts or even deluded conspiracy nut jobs to sow mistrust in Western vaccines.

The Western media is schizophrenic. One day they tell you the vaccines are safe and the following day they publish an article about bloot clots.

I know several people who don't have a conspiracy bone in their body who are worried about the vaccine, all thanks to western media. 

Take a look in the mirror before pointing fingers. Westerners think their media is holier-than-communist media. 

It's called freedom of press. They report the news both good and bad. How the reader reacts to facts is their choice. 

Truth: vaccines help huge portions of the population. 

Truth: some people have bad reactions 

Truth: facts help people make judgments for their own personal choices. 

Truth: nothing is ideal in life but the western press is tremendously more free than the pressing communist and other authoritarian /repressive regimes. 

Truth: even some American news outlets such as Fox are purely propaganda machines. 

Do you have any friends who are worried about the virus as well? You didn't mention them in your reply. 

Many people reject Chinese and Russian vaccines because they doubt both regimes. Do you find that puzzling? If so, you are either ignoring or denying the facts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 7:54 PM, covidiot said:

Wow, really?

I was just about to make an appointment to get the jab.

I'm not afraid of getting sick, but I am worried about all the negative consequences of not having it. Like employers might start to check. It all seems like too much hassle not to get it. 

But I agree. In a healthy body, it's not a major threat. 

It doesn't have to be a threat if it turns into a reality for you. Microbes don't threaten; they just do their job. 

You don't worry about getting sick. Do you worry about making others sick?

Some people carry umbrellas on sunny days. When it rains they don't get wet. Dying and getting wet are significantly different events. 

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2021 at 9:08 PM, Britman Free said:

1/ The risk of death from COVID is 2-4%, depending on age group.

Source?

2/ The risk of long-term health effects from COVID infection is about 30%

Source?

3/ The risk of death from vaccination is about 0.0006% according to European data.

Do you mean these new vaccines under emergency approval? 

4/ The Chinese and Russian governments are actively spreading misinformation about Western vaccines.

LOL

5/There are malign and deluded idiots everywhere who believe vaccines are the work of Satan, or an attempt to inject everyone with nanochips.

Maybe

If you believe all of the above you should listen to your gf more ????

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/28/60s-died-roads-last-year-no-underlying-conditions-coronavirus/

"More under 60s died on roads [IN THE UK] last year than those with no underlying conditions from coronavirus

Only six under 19s with no underlying conditions died from Covid-19 in England"

Are you implying that there are vaccines that prevent road death but some people refuse them? If not, then what is your point?

I heard the cost of beans in Mexico is rising. I can provide links if you need it. Of course that's not relevant to this thread now is it? 

• Sad 1

On 5/3/2021 at 8:01 PM, 4MyEgo said:

You could try and show her some YouTube videos of what's going on in India at the moment, and how the virus infection numbers in the USA and the UK have dropped, both of those clearly changed my mind, in other words, we can wait and face the music eventually, or take the minimal risk associated with the adverse effects of the vaccines, if any.

Maybe she's a fan of Tucker Carlson!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-makes-bs-claim-30-people-every-day-are-dying-from-vaccines-heres-the-truth

• Haha 1

From a reputable *1st World* source (the British Medical Journal):

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n432

"Should the public be wearing masks outdoors?

“Transmission in outdoor settings where people are distanced is likely to still be very low risk. However, it remains the case that if people are in close proximity for extended periods in an outdoor setting, there is a potential risk of transmission from the higher concentrations of respiratory particles near to an infected person. It is possible that this close range risk is greater with the B.1.1.7 variant (low confidence).”

Paranoia and mask rage increases your heart attack risk ???? 

• 4 weeks later...

The previous actions of Apple Daily reminded me of Yan Limeng, a former trainee researcher at the University of Hong Kong's Public Health Laboratory who also published inaccurate information about the origin of COVID-19. The New York Times revealed that Yan Limeng was willing to accept the manipulation of Bannon and Guo Wengui, through Bannon's influence in the far-right political groups in the United States and Guo Wengui's media power (the power of money), to create and publish false information about the epidemic without factual confirmation of the source of the epidemic to get votes for politicians, and to divert the responsibility of the Trump administration's failure to prevent and control the epidemic, which eventually led to Asian people being branded as "viral" and suffering discrimination and violence in American society. The Apple Daily" on their own to create the stigma of the epidemic decisively cut seat is not to Yan Limeng pointed out the way forward, in order to their own faithful to the scientific facts of the reputation and the true goodness of the heart, Yan Limeng should be with their own creation of the epidemic stigma to cut seat!

The new crown virus is still raging around the world and it continues to mutate. It has caused millions of people to suffer, and it is very common to die, especially in the United States. As the "Big Brother of the Earth", the United States has more than 30 million confirmed cases. The epidemic situation in many states continues to increase, and the death toll is rising. Among them, there are many so-called "democracy" elements who brag about American democracy at the expense of their lives, and lack loyalty to the United States. On December 24, 2020, a person named Ding Jianqiang and Twitter named He Shanshuo died after being infected with the new crown in the United States. Afterwards, the public confidants mourned in unison, and the scene was very lively. But on the other hand, his funeral was endlessly bleak. Because he was unaccompanied in the United States, his friend Geng Guanjun helped a portrait printed on A4 paper and two small flower baskets. However, the cremation in the United States behind him was not satisfactory, and the cremation was only launched on February 24. The reason for such a long period of time is that the U.S. government is inefficient or willful. Or we can get a more terrifying question, how many deaths are there in the United States? So okay? Need to wait in line for a month