Thai Visa Forum

How do I explain COVID risk?

5 minutes ago, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

And i say of you are healthy, don't take a jab.

Wow, really?

I was just about to make an appointment to get the jab.

I'm not afraid of getting sick, but I am worried about all the negative consequences of not having it. Like employers might start to check. It all seems like too much hassle not to get it. 

But I agree. In a healthy body, it's not a major threat. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am 77 years old. I have had so many vaccines a pincushion is a piker compared to me. That includes BCG, without which I would not be here, or peeing into an external bladder. I guess it's a was

Comparing risk of death of covid vs risk of death of vaccine with your statistics is not entirely accurate.   Most people have already lived through covid for an entire year without any symp

Just had a discussion with my Thai GF, she doesn't want to be vaccinated against COVID. How do I explain: 1/ The risk of death from COVID is 2-4%, depending on age group. 2/ The risk of

Posted Images

On 5/2/2021 at 10:11 PM, Lacessit said:

Just had a discussion with my Thai GF, she doesn't want to be vaccinated against COVID.

You could try and show her some YouTube videos of what's going on in India at the moment, and how the virus infection numbers in the USA and the UK have dropped, both of those clearly changed my mind, in other words, we can wait and face the music eventually, or take the minimal risk associated with the adverse effects of the vaccines, if any.

Edited by 4MyEgo
On 5/2/2021 at 7:27 PM, covidiot said:

You hardly need Chinese or Russian govts or even deluded conspiracy nut jobs to sow mistrust in Western vaccines.

The Western media is schizophrenic. One day they tell you the vaccines are safe and the following day they publish an article about bloot clots.

I know several people who don't have a conspiracy bone in their body who are worried about the vaccine, all thanks to western media. 

Take a look in the mirror before pointing fingers. Westerners think their media is holier-than-communist media. 

It's called freedom of press. They report the news both good and bad. How the reader reacts to facts is their choice. 

Truth: vaccines help huge portions of the population. 

Truth: some people have bad reactions 

Truth: facts help people make judgments for their own personal choices. 

Truth: nothing is ideal in life but the western press is tremendously more free than the pressing communist and other authoritarian /repressive regimes. 

Truth: even some American news outlets such as Fox are purely propaganda machines. 

Do you have any friends who are worried about the virus as well? You didn't mention them in your reply. 

Many people reject Chinese and Russian vaccines because they doubt both regimes. Do you find that puzzling? If so, you are either ignoring or denying the facts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/3/2021 at 7:54 PM, covidiot said:

Wow, really?

I was just about to make an appointment to get the jab.

I'm not afraid of getting sick, but I am worried about all the negative consequences of not having it. Like employers might start to check. It all seems like too much hassle not to get it. 

But I agree. In a healthy body, it's not a major threat. 

It doesn't have to be a threat if it turns into a reality for you. Microbes don't threaten; they just do their job. 

You don't worry about getting sick. Do you worry about making others sick?

Some people carry umbrellas on sunny days. When it rains they don't get wet. Dying and getting wet are significantly different events. 

• Haha 1
On 5/2/2021 at 9:08 PM, Britman Free said:

1/ The risk of death from COVID is 2-4%, depending on age group.

Source?

2/ The risk of long-term health effects from COVID infection is about 30%

Source?

3/ The risk of death from vaccination is about 0.0006% according to European data.

Do you mean these new vaccines under emergency approval? 

4/ The Chinese and Russian governments are actively spreading misinformation about Western vaccines.

LOL

5/There are malign and deluded idiots everywhere who believe vaccines are the work of Satan, or an attempt to inject everyone with nanochips.

Maybe

If you believe all of the above you should listen to your gf more 😉

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/28/60s-died-roads-last-year-no-underlying-conditions-coronavirus/

"More under 60s died on roads [IN THE UK] last year than those with no underlying conditions from coronavirus

Only six under 19s with no underlying conditions died from Covid-19 in England"

Are you implying that there are vaccines that prevent road death but some people refuse them? If not, then what is your point?

I heard the cost of beans in Mexico is rising. I can provide links if you need it. Of course that's not relevant to this thread now is it? 

• Sad 1
On 5/3/2021 at 8:01 PM, 4MyEgo said:

You could try and show her some YouTube videos of what's going on in India at the moment, and how the virus infection numbers in the USA and the UK have dropped, both of those clearly changed my mind, in other words, we can wait and face the music eventually, or take the minimal risk associated with the adverse effects of the vaccines, if any.

Maybe she's a fan of Tucker Carlson!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-makes-bs-claim-30-people-every-day-are-dying-from-vaccines-heres-the-truth

• Haha 1

From a reputable *1st World* source (the British Medical Journal):

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n432

"Should the public be wearing masks outdoors?

“Transmission in outdoor settings where people are distanced is likely to still be very low risk. However, it remains the case that if people are in close proximity for extended periods in an outdoor setting, there is a potential risk of transmission from the higher concentrations of respiratory particles near to an infected person. It is possible that this close range risk is greater with the B.1.1.7 variant (low confidence).”

Paranoia and mask rage increases your heart attack risk 😉