CM + No Mask + Exercising?

holy cow cm

My understanding is that masks are required in "risky areas," i.e., markets, malls, public transportation, transportation terminals, offices, and all public spaces.  Masks not required while eating and exercising.  Of course, we're not talking about jogging in a mall.  As always, enforcement may vary.

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

My understanding is that masks are required in "risky areas," i.e., markets, malls, public transportation, transportation terminals, offices, and all public spaces.  Masks not required while eating and exercising.  Of course, we're not talking about jogging in a mall.  As always, enforcement may vary.

This is what I want to understand if there is any leeway. Guess I will just have to go out where I run and see what the people are doing..

The authorities say wearing masks is compulsory. They don't specify how a mask should be worn, so someone who is exercising should be able to uncover their nose to assist breathing.

I'd also like to know if golf courses are considered public places, because I don't see golfers wearing masks. Caddies, yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBrad said:

Has anyone actually read the Thai version of the mandate?  I'm curious to know how what's translated as "in public" is actually written in Thai.  Also, there appears to be an exception for those who are exercising. 

There are no exceptions.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/th/news/detail/TCATG210501140327149

Section 2:

ให้ประชาชนสวมหน้ากากอนามัยหรือหน้ากากผ้า เมื่ออยู่นอกเคหสถานหรือเมื่ออยู่ในที่สาธารณะ โดยต้องสวมให้ถูกวิธีตามที่กระทรวงสาธารณสุขแนะนำ เพื่อลดความเสี่ยงจากการติดเชื้อและป้องกันมิให้เกิดสภาวะที่ไม่ถูกสุขลักษณะ เพื่อจำกัดวงในการระบาดของโรค

Google translate:

Have people wear a surgical mask or cloth mask. When out of your home or in public places Which must be worn in the correct way as recommended by the Ministry of Public Health To reduce the risk of infection and prevent the development of unsanitary conditions. To localize in the epidemic

If you are outside of your house you have to wear a mask, no exceptions. You also have to wear it in the correct way. If you don't do it you can be fined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2021 at 9:59 AM, Berkshire said:

They're required in all public areas, no exception. As for eating, that's currently banned in public as well. 

180924817_338262454485517_822229763850193222_n.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I was out on my bike along the cycle path from Convention Centre to -700 Stadium- HTT last week. I was expecting everyone to be wearing masks but it was maybe 1 out of 20 people.  It was crowded with joggers as the 700 stadium is closed. This was early evening time. HTT itself had very few people. The track outside of HTT was very busy and most people were maskless. 

I doubt you would be fined in this area with so many people going maskless but jog around the old city on your own it could be a different story.

3 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

I was out on my bike along the cycle path from Convention Centre to -700 Stadium- HTT last week. I was expecting everyone to be wearing masks but it was maybe 1 out of 20 people.  It was crowded with joggers as the 700 stadium is closed. This was early evening time. HTT itself had very few people. The track outside of HTT was very busy and most people were maskless. 

I doubt you would be fined in this area with so many people going maskless but jog around the old city on your own it could be a different story.

Yeah, I procrastinated today as all the family were home, so now I think will just have to go out and see what the natives are doing where I run at.

No need for the OP to get his knickers in a knot. About Say 11:15 this morning, driving north on Charoen Phratet, almost at Wat Chai Mongkon. Here is a 50 plus blond haired, western women, walking on sidewalk with no mask; la de da..  A bloody poster child for Minister Anutin. 

So if this f------t is doing it, the OP can too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Now we are banned from EATING outside our homes?  What about if you need drink?  Can we drink water or will be just have to die of thirst until we can get back inside our house a few hours later?

They will be saying we can't go to the toilet next.

I really understand the rules to wear masks while on the street in a village / town / city and in shopping malls and other indoor public places.  But to have to wear one in the middle of nowhere, up on a mountain, or out in the sticks seems stupid, especially if you are jogging, running or cycling. 

The way things are going I might as well convert to an extreme Muslim sect where the rule is to cover you face at all times except in your house. 

They also would have no bars, clubs, entertainment places, and tell you not to speak to anyone outside the house.

Edited by jak2002003
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I understand the frustration shown here by people that exercise, my mrs does a couple of laps, sometimes 3 of Mabprachan lake on her bike, she has a pull over head covering but also has a mask on underneath, it makes it hard work for her, but there are greedy bent coppers out there just looking for the opportunity to make a few bob, so if jogging, check what others are doing, perhaps wear the mask under the chin till required, best I can offer, sorry.

• Like 2

common sense and luck.  you MUST wear a mask but I have simply put it between my mouth and nose when running.  If i get near people, I"ll put it on better.  I try to run where that might only happen one time per run, maybe twice.  if you get fined, then bad luck.  

today i've only seen about 20 people not wearing masks.  I was wearing a mask, and a few people who I KNOW moved away from me and we were already 5 meters apart.  lol.  luckily i'm getting used to this...

I recommend picking a HILL or an area that is like 800 meters long.  repeats.  yea, not the best....but it's COVID time.    

if really worried, go run at 5 a.m.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah, I procrastinated today as all the family were home, so now I think will just have to go out and see what the natives are doing where I run at.

i am one of those joggers   walkers at the area near HTT   .    A few have a mask hanging from back of their neck..... i guess covid attacks there early mornings.   

90%  are maskless       holy cow man,   just do it !

21 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

But to have to wear one in the middle of nowhere, up on a mountain, or out in the sticks seems stupid, especially if you are jogging, running or cycling. 

have you actually gone to an area where people are exercising ?     many are probably closed,   but there are areas if you try to find ( even school tracks)   where those seeking healthy out in the sun activities can still go.

most all those action heroes do not wear masks,   and in spite of what the 100% sure folks (at their keyboards say) ................   physical activities do not require a mask 

you see any professional athletes on television wearing a mask while playing ?

I'm an early morning jogger. My 2 usual haunts are the Rama 9 park and the track along the convention centre all the way up to Huay Thung Tau. 

At the park, I don't bother with mask but I carry one in my pocket just in case. Very few people in the morning and I hope common sense prevail i.e. social distancing, don't use the exercise equipment. 

At the convention centre route, I am a bit wary. It's too open, too public if I can describe it as such. I'll have one on but nose down until I'm passing someone.  

FYI, in the former let's say there's 1 masks to maybe 6 who don't including like me. 

On the latter, most are masked up with the occasional person who don't but, to be fair, that person tends to be one of those who runs more than they jog. Don't want to pass out running. 

If you're one of those who jog about the city moat area, for goodness sake just mask up! 

29 minutes ago, rumak said:

i am one of those joggers   walkers at the area near HTT   .    A few have a mask hanging from back of their neck..... i guess covid attacks there early mornings.   

90%  are maskless       holy cow man,   just do it !

Yeah I can’t see having a mask on while running or even walking too far outside. Or running I only do about 3-5 km nowadays. Used to do the 1/2 marathons until those promoters became extremely rude talking about foreigners. 

9 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah I can’t see having a mask on while running or even walking too far outside. Or running I only do about 3-5 km nowadays. Used to do the 1/2 marathons until those promoters became extremely rude talking about foreigners. 

how old are you ?  

I broke my hip 5 months ago ( having wild sex in the shower.....  haha   i wish )

they have a nice 5 km loop near huay tung tao .   I walk it     very nice