Are you happy with doing 90 day reports in Thailand?

WineOh

90 Day Reporting  

225 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you happy to visit the dentist?

No, but it has to be done from time to time. And moaning about it won't make it any better.

again, I beg to differ.

It seems our 'moaning' as you put it is beginning to make some headway.

Serious questions are now being asked by immigration officers as to whether or not this should be scrapped.

If nobody took any action, be it moaning or otherwise then nothing would ever change, would it?

Everything would always remain the same.,

But as the world is constantly changing, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse, I would say that there is a lot of moaning going on behind the scenes in society, which eventually leads to positive action.

Just take a look at brexit, for example.

Scottish independence another.

The scotts had their vote and now they want another.

They are moaning to high heaven and eventually they will get their way.

It seems to me that lifes greatest movements were all started with a good old moan & grumble ????

(btw, I am in no way condoning brexit or another scottish referendum, merely pointing out that change usually comes after people voice their dissatisfaction with something or other).

Edited by WineOh
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

I  just did  that...... the cows  looked at me  like  im a  nutter?

do it at your next 90 day report

I will if you will? ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

It doesn't bother me in the slightest as I simply don't do it and just pay a fine once a year.

how long have you been doing that for?

how much is the fine?

what does the IO say to you?

51 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

I regard as a nuisance with no perceived purpose.  The data is ostensibly collected in a computer system but I have never seen or heard of the data being used for anything.  I have never received a letter, email, SMS, or call from immigration to inform me of rule changes or anything else.  What could possibly be beneficial to Thai Immigration having us check in every 90 days?

I think it's a form of 'rousting' that the police commonly perform.

It helps remind criminals and other undesirables of their position in society.

1 hour ago, WineOh said:

It started in 1979 with the immigration act.

Not sure exactly why it was implemented at that specific time but my guess would be it had to do with western criminal elements, particularly drug smuggling going on back then.

That is the problem no alien with a criminal record should be allowed entry in the first place!

1 hour ago, WineOh said:

I would like to get some feedback into what TV members think about the whole 90 day reporting,

and more importantly, would you prefer it to be completely abolished or are you satisfied with the way things currently are?

I absolutely love it. What a strange poll.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I absolutely love it. What a strange poll.

not sure if this is sarcasm but according to the poll numbers and some of the replies more than a few people do actually love it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I always though it was a mistake in translation.

'Person from another star' (alien) and 'person from another country' (foreigner), only have an accent difference in Thai language.

foreigner = คนต่างด้าว Vs alien = คนต่างดาว

I'm always a bit surprised people have never heard this outside Thailand. I've come across it in a number of countries though maybe not so much in direct interaction with the 'aliens'. I think Joe Biden was recently saying he wanted to replace the word 'alien' in US immigration laws. 

30 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You can!

Just do it fifteen days early every time, making it a 75 day report.

That's almost what I do.

I have a reminder 14 days before.

This time, 13 days before, tried to log-in and we know all what happened. IM website on an extended holiday.

Normally too late to report by post but did it anyway because didn't want to go to Imm. to stand in a queue.

Still waiting to get my paper back.

Checked online and was received on 07th April.

In 2 days, I'm off to renew my non-immigration O-A (sweat).