Are you happy with doing 90 day reports in Thailand?

WineOh

90 Day Reporting  

225 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, easydoor said:

90d report.... no problem at all for me. This are the rules and you know it before you come and stay in Thailand. To me it takes a few minutes and it is done. I combine it with a visit at Makro.... I just wonder what some people have so busy and urgent  to do that one visit at immigration in 3 months would be a problem.....

When I first came to Thailand to stay, I only had to do a pleasant 180k drive to the border every 90 days. If I was told I must report to immigration every 90 days, I would never have stayed in Thailand.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, easydoor said:

90d report.... no problem at all for me. This are the rules and you know it before you come and stay in Thailand. To me it takes a few minutes and it is done. I combine it with a visit at Makro.... I just wonder what some people have so busy and urgent  to do that one visit at immigration in 3 months would be a problem.....

i say again, don't you have any principles?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, I believe it is part of the “ our IO our rules  “ mentality.

When I lived in Pathum Thani just the passport was sufficient while now in Ayutthaya a TM 47 and the usual passport copies are required every time.

Just another case of IOs making up their own rules.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

90 day reporting is a minor chore. Anybody who makes a big deal of it is an inexperienced traveller. Its simply not an issue.

It may be minor for you, but I don't think it is minor for most people. Have a look at the poll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

“Treated like criminals” “ have been abused” you really do have a vivid imagination.

When I filed my last ninety day report a couple of months ago it took me four minutes from when I left the car to when I returned, the Immigration staff are always very polite and friendly.

I felt more abused and treated like a criminal when I lived in Sydney, when returning to a parking meter, that had expired by a few minutes and being handed a not unsubstantial fine by an officious council employee.

Of course if it it is such a problem there is always the option of returning to the Land of Utopia from where one came.

For me “No Thanks” it’s a small price to pay for living here.

You have totally missed the point of this topic

and then misunderstood my comments

i am not surprised at all and unfortunately you are not the only one in this case

the ability to understand a simple topic seems quite reduced for some of the members

I have never went to immigration to do a 90 report. As my immigration is 80 km away, I pay my agent 1,000 bht for them to send my 90 day receipt slip to my address every 90 days for one year. Don't need to step outside my house for that as It would cost me 1,000 bht just to drive there and back on fuel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StevieAus said:

“Treated like criminals” “ have been abused” you really do have a vivid imagination.

When I filed my last ninety day report a couple of months ago it took me four minutes from when I left the car to when I returned, the Immigration staff are always very polite and friendly.

I felt more abused and treated like a criminal when I lived in Sydney, when returning to a parking meter, that had expired by a few minutes and being handed a not unsubstantial fine by an officious council employee.

Of course if it it is such a problem there is always the option of returning to the Land of Utopia from where one came.

For me “No Thanks” it’s a small price to pay for living here.

Staff are certainly not friendly in Khon Kaen, rude and corrupt.

I was given a traffic ticket in Melbourne when going in to a shop to buy a pint of milk. it was amazing, I never even saw a warden. It said I was facing the wrong way. 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Staff are certainly not friendly in Khon Kaen, rude and corrupt.

I was given a traffic ticket in Melbourne when going in to a shop to buy a pint of milk. it was amazing, I never even saw a warden. It said I was facing the wrong way. 

Maybe I have been lucky over the years with Immigration both at offices, airports, and border crossings only one guy at Masai in Chiang Rai was a bit rude but I had put the wrong details on the form.

In Australia I think parking, speeding etc fines are just a massive revenue earner.

I understand that in Sydney now the local councils have people who photograph your number plate and you get the infringement through the mail.

You don’t get the chance to confront your accuser.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

You have totally missed the point of this topic

and then misunderstood my comments

i am not surprised at all and unfortunately you are not the only one in this case

the ability to understand a simple topic seems quite reduced for some of the members

As a lawyer I spent many years of my career dealing with people who claimed to have been misunderstood.

I rarely had difficulty

understanding the facts and fortunately neither did the judiciary, when these misunderstood people appeared in court and were dealt with appropriately.

I suspect that you  like many of those people try to blame others for their mistakes.

31 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

As a lawyer I spent many years of my career dealing with people who claimed to have been misunderstood.

I rarely had difficulty

understanding the facts and fortunately neither did the judiciary, when these misunderstood people appeared in court and were dealt with appropriately.

I suspect that you  like many of those people try to blame others for their mistakes.

I sincerely hope you was better in your previous career as a lawyer than you  are here on this topic

Again i recomand you to read again slowly and quietly the question asked in this topic and the first post writed by the OP, and to try to understand the meaning of all of this then maybe you will finally understand what we are about here instead of staying focused on your ridiculous comparison with a parking fine in Australia

Orange\apple... that's talk to you?

That's was my last answer to you

i haven't really anymore time to waste with someone

obviously unable to grasp the basics

Have a nice day

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I sincerely hope you was better in your previous career as a layer than you  are here on this topic

Again i recomand you to read again slowly and quietly the question asked in this topic and the first post writed by the OP, and to try to understand the meaning of all of this then maybe you will finally understand what we are about here instead of staying focused on your ridiculous comparison with a parking fine in Australia

Orange\apple... that's talk to you?

That's was my last answer to you

i haven't really anymore time to waste with someone

obviously unable to grasp the basics

Have a nice day

Neither have I as I am no longer well paid to deal with misunderstood people.

By the way I was a lawyer not sure about the “ layer”

23 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Do you have a link showing one of them being caught thanks to the 90 days report ? I have never seen one news about it in all my life, hence my post. I can not give you a link of something which does not exists.

But you are free to prove me i am wrong

I'm just glad it's one more check on the losers here..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Do you have a link showing one of them being caught thanks to the 90 days report ? I have never seen one news about it in all my life, hence my post. I can not give you a link of something which does not exists.

But you are free to prove me i am wrong

they need every check they can due to the amount of countries that allow their convicted criminals to travel here including pedo's..

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

they need every check they can due to the amount of countries that allow their convicted criminals to travel here including pedo's..

But still you haven't been able to find only 1 example 

of one of these criminals being busted thanks to the 90 days reporting

Also you seem confused about the process of travelling and borders

AFAIK the only one allowing convicted criminals to enter in Thailand are the Thai authorities, and particularly the immigration.

They are suposed to be in charge of the control of the borders of their country and they are in charge to according a visa or not to enter and stay in Thailand.

So to sum up your thinking about it you are ok to keep going forever a useless system being a hassle for thousands of innocent people every 90 days, just in case in the future it could maybe help to bust a criminal  (Even if it's likely unlikely to happen) and all of this just because the Thai immigration isn't doing the right verifications on the people entering the country? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

But still you haven't been able to find only 1 example 

of one of these criminals being busted thanks to the 90 days reporting

Also you seem confused about the process of travelling and borders

AFAIK the only one allowing convicted criminals to enter in Thailand are

the Thai authorities, and particularly the immigration.

They are suposed to be in charge of the control of the borders of their country

and they are in charge to according a visa or not to enter and stay in Thailand.

So to sumarize your thinking you are ok to keep going forever a useless system being a hassle

for thousands of innocent people every 90 days, just in case in a future day it could maybe help to bust a criminal, even if it's likely unlikely to happen, and all of this just because the thai immigration isn't doing the right verifications on the people entering the country? 

someone needs to track these animals because their own country certainly isn't doing it..

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/01/09/gaps-in-legal-system-allow-sex-offenders-to-travel-abroad-inquiry-finds/

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

someone needs to track these animals because their own country certainly isn't doing it..

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/01/09/gaps-in-legal-system-allow-sex-offenders-to-travel-abroad-inquiry-finds/

I totally agree with you

However again and to stay focus on the topic we are actually talking about on the forum the 90 days reporting system in Thailand has absolutely NOTHING to do with this and the 90 days reporting system is totally unable to detect if someone is a pedophil or not

If you are doing your 90 days reporting, that means you have already a long stay visa, and to obtain this visa you have the obligation to provide to the THAI AUTHORITIES a proof of a clean criminal record

My bet is most of the criminals enter in the country without any visa or a touristic one, and then they stay here in an illegal situation. That means for obvious reasons they DO NOT their 90 days report

On 5/8/2021 at 9:34 PM, kingofthemountain said:

I totally agree with you

However again and to stay focus on the topic we are actually talking about on the forum the 90 days reporting system in Thailand has absolutely NOTHING to do with this and the 90 days reporting system is totally unable to detect if someone is a pedophil or not

If you are doing your 90 days reporting, that means you have already a long stay visa, and to obtain this visa you have the obligation to provide to the THAI AUTHORITIES a proof of a clean criminal record

My bet is most of the criminals enter in the country without any visa or a touristic one, and then they stay here in an illegal situation. That means for obvious reasons they DO NOT their 90 days report

but if information is 'released' by a foreign government or by private organizations tracking sex criminals, it is imperative that locating this scum asap. The 90 day gives authorities up to date information on location. Many criminals will follow the reporting here as to not get tripped up by a technicality if stopped for some reason by the police. Nah, imo, this slight inconvenience is well worth it, there's just too many losers out there..

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

The 90 day gives authorities up to date information on location.

Nope

renewing your visa or your extension of stay

and a TM 30 if you change your location are the only

events wich give to the authorities an up to date information

on your location, as you have to give a proof of your actual location.

I have never been asked where i was staying nor having to give any

proof of my location when i do my 90 days report

On 5/8/2021 at 9:15 AM, possum1931 said:

It may be minor for you, but I don't think it is minor for most people. Have a look at the poll.

A poll of Thai Visa Forum activists  will naturally create negative results. There is zero evidence that the respondents are in Thailand,  have ever been to  Thailand or have had any dealings with immigration. Moreover, there does seem to be a rump  of people here who complain  about every single aspect of living in Thailand  and would  no doubt complain  if they were given financial  rewards for attending government  offices.

• Sad 1

On 5/10/2021 at 4:33 PM, from the home of CC said:

but if information is 'released' by a foreign government or by private organizations tracking sex criminals, it is imperative that locating this scum asap. The 90 day gives authorities up to date information on location. Many criminals will follow the reporting here as to not get tripped up by a technicality if stopped for some reason by the police. Nah, imo, this slight inconvenience is well worth it, there's just too many losers out there..

'sex criminals'...LOL..

On 5/8/2021 at 5:57 PM, from the home of CC said:

Most UK sex offender have traveled to the UK from North Asia and are  part of a high  profile  community..currently  a gang of 13 child rapists  are being tried...most of whom won't be bothered about travelling abroad as after  serving their very light sentence they can continue  with impunity in the UK or return to their country of origin with their dual passport