Another 7/11 Closed

ChipButty

This morning I see the 7/11 at the corner of Sai Yuan road by the traffic lights was closed I wonder what happened there.......?

Always seemed busy to me or have they found Covid in there? 

4 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Oh noooo.

Have to walk now 50m to the next one.

Scandalous.

Not here, drive back to Rawai there was 3 all closed, in the other directions maybe more than 1 km

26 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

They often close one to rebuilt it, few weeks later the new one opens looking just the same!

Thinking the same. The one here right in the middle of town has closed , the busiest one here ,wondering what the change will be.

58 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Thinking the same. The one here right in the middle of town has closed , the busiest one here ,wondering what the change will be.

Rebrendanding maybe.

Tesco Lotus=LOTUS

7/11 maybe becomes 8/12

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

They often close one to rebuilt it, few weeks later the new one opens looking just the same!

True, by 7/11 policy once a location looks promising they often get trading started as quickly as possible (possibly to create a competitive advantage and to get the new store into their supply chain operations).

Then when the location proves profitable and has created market awareness (customers are aware that the shop exists and are aware it will be rebuilt/improver/made bigger), they start a rebuild using better designs, equipment etc.

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Not here, drive back to Rawai there was 3 all closed, in the other directions maybe more than 1 km

So where's the nearest one to soi Namjai / soi Sai Yuan heading north to the circle? Preferably with parking for a pickup. ????  

7 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

So where's the nearest one to soi Namjai / soi Sai Yuan heading north to the circle? Preferably with parking for a pickup. ????  

Just past the Gas station 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 10:30 AM, NanLaew said:

May Day holiday.

Check again tomorrow.

nah i would say nearly 50% of all the family marts/ 711's in rawai are now boarded up and closed. I am guessing not enough business to stay open at the current time. 

Some of these 711 locations are prime positions that used to be busy.

Another example is the 711 that is opposite the road to the Big Buddha on Chao Fah West.

Closed and ATM machines removed.

Then there is the 711 opposite the Chalong police station. It was closed, refurbished and it is now open again.

Many closing, most did not rely on tourists,but they did rely on the people who worked in the tourist industry now they have gone back home,so less and less shoppers ,yesterday was shopping in Tesco ,there were more staff than us shopping there,how long will they stay open i wonder? Mind you i could parl right next to the main doors.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Some of these 711 locations are prime positions that used to be busy.

Another example is the 711 that is opposite the road to the Big Buddha on Chao Fah West.

Closed and ATM machines removed.

Then there is the 711 opposite the Chalong police station. It was closed, refurbished and it is now open again.

The one next door to Hok Liam garage? Oh dear... ☹️