Thailand reports new daily record of 31 virus deaths, 2,041 cases

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Correct, but Thais do what Thais want to do in the name of visiting family, eating together and having Sanuk.  You can tak to them until you are blue in the face, but in the end they do what they want.  They live for the moment and the day, never truly thinking about the future until it smacks them in the face.

Exactly, I couldn't have worded it any better.

Having lived in Thailand since Jan 2001, I've learned more of the Thai people that I have of the Thai language.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Exactly, I couldn't have worded it any better.

Having lived in Thailand since Jan 2001, I've learned more of the Thai people that I have of the Thai language.

And what we know about Thai people! This in not joke anymore! Ban Lao Khao sell and in Isaan ban Som Tam! People get in group's and drink same class and all put they hand in same Som Tam plate!

Even educate people little, make TV warning in  best Thai drama serie!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bermondburi said:

Lockdown now.

6pm curfew.  

Ban all alcohol sales.

Special pass for one weekly shop or family emergency.

Anyone who doesn't like it should leave Thailand immediately.

If you lock everyone down, why do you need a curfew?  How can we leave Thailand if we're locked down?  I'm glad you're not PM!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If you lock everyone down, why do you need a curfew?  How can we leave Thailand if we're locked down?  I'm glad you're not PM!

Leave Thailand only possible through online application through immigration service portal.

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thankfully no.  Why cause more damage?  It's sad to see rates increasing but not surprising.  It's a global pandemic so what do people expect.  What is reassuring is that the death rate from Covid is still relatively low.  Things could be a lot worse!

Death rates are increasing every day. If it continues this way, they will only end up locking it down eventually anyway.  So is it not better to take action now to help contain the virus before it potentially ends up like India? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The new Czar has truly lived up to many peoples expectation. It is one hell of a sit show.

When you put a soldier in charge expect the 'charge of the light brigade outcome'.

That charge, while immeasurably stupid, was incredibly brave, an attribute that cannot be associated with this administration.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

When are you going to forget that this happened? You are right, it would have been impossible to stop. The Thai government has done very well in the fight against Covid. Please stop bashing them. 

While clinging onto historical achievements is good, you're only as good as your last performance and the current performance of this government has lead us directly to where we are now, there are no other excuses.

• Like 2

Today's televised government COVID news briefing in English runs about 13 minutes:

04-30-21.jpg.60c941ff92231a1b1b6d96578f33eee6.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/NationNews/posts/10157953853456937

And the collection of presentation slides from the earlier Thai language briefing by the Ministry of Public Health:

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/317931549825176

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think you and I have a different idea about what good is. Good would be a supply of vaccines. Good would have been to discourage people going for Songkran not actively encourage. Because that is what was done by the PM.

I am comparing to other countries -  take a look at the deaths in the UK(same population)Take a look at how many vaccines developed countries have(Japan/Poland etc)

17 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

New record numbers again today, but the worst is over you were saying just yesterday?

I'm confused. ????

Yes. Exactly.

The peak was reached last week, but deaths lag new infections by up to 3 weeks. So you get to panic for a little more time.

One area of concern is Kong Toey, where the positivity rate is high. There could be tens of thousands of hidden cases, we will know soon.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am comparing to other countries -  take a look at the deaths in the UK(same population)Take a look at how many vaccines developed countries have(Japan/Poland etc)

The problem Neeranam is that because they avoided it at first they did not make any good plans for the vaccines. They had plenty of time and wasted it. Also they stopped (for a while) private hospitals from getting it.

I am not saying that other countries are perfect, my own is doing worse then the UK vaccination wise. Though now we are at about 5.5 million of 18 million people vaccinated. (or at least have had a shot). Thailand just missed an opportunity because they wanted to give sole rights to one company. 

Anyway im not totally against what they are doing as they are not messing everything up. But for instance why not vaccinate all healthcare workers before tourist islands ? I mean we read about hospitals shut down and so on. This is absolute madness. Healthcare should always get first vaccinations. 

Plus songkran was less then a month ago. I dont have that short of a memory span. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

Ministry of Public Health's daily update of how Thailand in faring versus world countries and its regional peer countries in terms of total COVID cases (not per capita) since the start of the pandemic.  With today's update, Thailand moved up several spots and now ranks as the 100th country based on total cases.

05-03-21g.jpg.d0ea149f8df5d80500187e7cf3e9c6e9.jpg

05-03-21h.jpg.48f19bfec2f44a000f69bee228503667.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thaimoph/posts/300668751543035

If more lockdowns occur, suicides will be higher than covid deaths.  The number of thais i spoken to who are not blue collar workers are suffering. Cant pay rent, cant buy food because they are not working.  Finding every possible way to find money but its becoming very difficult as more businesses become closed.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

And what we know about Thai people! This in not joke anymore! Ban Lao Khao sell and in Isaan ban Som Tam! People get in group's and drink same class and all put they hand in same Som Tam plate!

Even educate people little, make TV warning in  best Thai drama serie!

That's very true what you say they do congregate and take food from plates, much like the Elite and untouchables all congregate to take money from the same trough. It is just a question of scale and diet.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Death rates are increasing every day. If it continues this way, they will only end up locking it down eventually anyway.  So is it not better to take action now to help contain the virus before it potentially ends up like India? 

Edited by brewsterbudgen
deleted

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:
21 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Being cynical than the more infections the larger the demand will be for vaccine and hence the bigger opportunity for price gouging. Now let's see, who is producing the vaccines in Thailand ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yes. Exactly.

The peak was reached last week, but deaths lag new infections by up to 3 weeks. So you get to panic for a little more time.

One area of concern is Kong Toey, where the positivity rate is high. There could be tens of thousands of hidden cases, we will know soon.

So last week was the peak but it's not the peak because of Klong Toey?

I'm even more confused now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

So last week was the peak but it's not the peak because of Klong Toey?

I'm even more confused now. 

National and local testing is showing that the number of new infections is stable. But, it’s possible that there is a pocket or two that could cause future problems.

• Confused 1