Thailand reports new daily record of 31 virus deaths, 2,041 cases

webfact

50 minutes ago, maddermax said:

Its a no-brainer. There must be a total lock-down to contain it. Then maybe these idiots who are spreading it will see some sense.

No piecemeal solutions.

Nonsense.  It's too late for that, it would cause immeasurable harm, and they would have to open up some time!  Until the population is vaccinated and herd immunity achieved, we have to live with the virus, just like in previous pandemics.  Thailand still has very low rates compared to other countries.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Wow.... ????

Screenshot_7.jpg.f14bf64af3ecca0606ed91c064d51fd6.jpg

2nd field hospital for Khlong Toey COVID-19 patients is in the works

A second field hospital, to accommodate COVID-19 patients from Bangkok’s Khlong Toey slum area, is being planned, with an old building next to the Port Authority head office as the first choice of location. After conversion, the former warehouse would be able to accommodate 200 patients.

Being an old structure, however, the warehouse may not be suitable, due to the level of dust and poor ventilation, so Saphan Temple, in Phra Khanong district, adjacent to Khlong Toey, which can accommodate an additional 200 patients, is the backup location.

The first 200 bed community isolation facility in Khlong Toey district was opened there last Friday, to separate those infected with COVID-19 from others in their crowded community, before being transferred to hospital.

(more)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/2nd-field-hospital-for-khlong-toey-covid-19-patients-is-in-the-works/

Note: at last report, government officials said they had identified 304 confirmed COVID cases in the Khlong Toei clusters.

That would be a "Sufficiency" field hospital.

Edited by Enoon

17 minutes ago, DJBenz said:

I suppose at the end of the day it is simply a scientist reporting data, and I'm sure that in this tiny sample of 61 people there was indeed a 96.7% immunity rate, however it flies in the face of all other data and even Astra Zeneca's own findings. Still, it makes a good headline and it might encourage people to get the jab if they were concerned over its effectiveness.

Very true....................

05-03-21j.jpg.093880b0b4404e6b6ef5d02e52e00a5a.jpg

The government is urging families to protect their elderly from the risk of infection by other members who may be required to travel to and work in areas where COVID-19 is prevalent.

Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) assistant spokeswoman Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan said many infections in families had been brought home from workplaces or have spread at gatherings. Households are no longer safe from transmission of the disease.

She said the elderly and the bedridden should be separated from family members who still are traveling to areas where there is a risk of infection.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10157990901187050

A post reposting the entire Reuters news report that led off this thread has been removed.

Also a post with a trolling cartoon graphic. If you have an opinion, you're welcome to express it, but on this forum, not via cartoons.

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They are going to test 1,000 a day until the 19th, why only a thousand a day, why spread it out over such a long period of time allowing the virus to spread further, there should be mass tests now. Its a community of 80,000 people and thats just the documented ones.

It sounds like they're going to be using several of the truck mounted mobile testing units where the medical worker person is encased inside...as opposed to establishing some kind of large physical testing center location.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

As I said, random sampling gives an estimate of the positivity rate in the area sampled. 1,000 samples can provide a reasonable estimate for Bangkok if samples are taken City-wide. But, that survey might have a large margin of error for specific regions, like Klong Toey.

In the uk the ONS carries out random testing, symptoms reporting etc, across a large number of households across the whole of UK. This is done in conjunction with some of the university hospitals. The weekly results they have published all the way through the pandemic give a clearer picture as they are truly random. They can also differ quite substantially from the official reports on numbers. At the peak in January they estimated 1 in 30 people had Covid in the UK, up to as high as 1 in 20 in London. Last week official figures showed an 11% decline in cases, the ONS report estimated it to be a 40% decline. While there is still margins for error, even the SAGE commuter takes these reports into account when assessing the situation I believe. So yes, I think true random mass sampling is useful for getting a try picture of what is going on in the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so!

I posted about 10 days ago that following the increase in Covid cases would follow a growth in death, that is the pattern.

"This is the way"

( Uncle Ping, When are those vaccines coming???) 50% protection is better than nothing. (SinoVac) 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Nonsense.  It's too late for that, it would cause immeasurable harm, and they would have to open up some time!  Until the population is vaccinated and herd immunity achieved, we have to live with the virus, just like in previous pandemics.  Thailand still has very low rates compared to other countries.

Why do we have to compare ourselves to the worst, why not the best?

4 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Because if they test 100000 in a few days and find 15000 infections what are they going to do with them all ?

What they did in Samut Sakhon.  Ring the Area with concertina wire, set up more field hospitals and treatment facilities inside the location.  If they can turn a Hotel into a treatment center, why can they not set up a MASH style tent city.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I guess this was inevitable. A travel agent is advertising shopping and vaccination tours to the US. The cost of the 10-day tour starts at ฿175K. I guess good for them that they can go & get the vaccine for free in the US. Will the Thai government do the same for foreigners here?

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1389157527804280834

Does it include the return flights and ASQ quarantine, and if its only 10 days then it must be the J&J vaccine.  Can not be another type, just saying.  What if they test positive in the US for Covid, what then.........Are they also paying for the Visas.

4 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Why do we have to compare ourselves to the worst, why not the best?

How does Thailand's death from Covid rate compare to the countries that have done "best"? I don't know, but I think they would be Taiwan, Korea and Vietnam?

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Those who unseat a democratically elected government do not resign.

You are absolutely right Karma will be a meal served in Hell for these fools.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does it include the return flights and ASQ quarantine, and if its only 10 days then it must be the J&J vaccine.  Can not be another type, just saying.  What if they test positive in the US for Covid, what then.........Are they also paying for the Visas.

Yes in the graphic it says the J&J vaccine, flights included and hotel, they look to be good hotels to. Not sure about visas etc

23 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You are of course right when stating Thailand has low rates in comparison with other countries but that is not a reason for complacency , India was doing well for a while but look at it now . Being proactive rather than reactive in dealing with this pandemic will save many lives but unfortunately the social security in Thailand does not exist and keeping a monitored control on the extent of Thai people infected  is probably a guessing game or rough estimate . I am thinking when was the last Thai national census ?  Take a look at any of the thousands of shoddy out of the way villages where folk live day to day without any government aid or involvement . Getting to grips with the virus in a 3rd world country such as Thailand or India is almost impossible because there are not the resources to mitigate .  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sounds like they are very concerned and scared of this cluster.  They should be testing between 3,000 and upwards daily based upon the positivity rate.  Several tent testing centers around the Area need to be set up.

I believe the units they're planning to use are ones like this, which they've already been widely using elsewhere:

Screenshot_34.jpg.8a8e0b02c6f827d77a6986bed4f1ad8e.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10157949889547050

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Number is going up again, slowly but going up. I wonder how bad it would have been without the measures in place.

Too bad that this happend but letting Songkran happen was not a good idea. Though i doubt it could have been stopped, but the PM actively promoted it.

I wonder how long these numbers will stay this high, as i doubt measures will be relaxed unless serious progress has been made.

It would I estimate, it will take over 14 days to see if the current measures have any or no effect on the figures, but then again I will admit too being no expert on these matters 

Edited by Jiggo
Grammer

16 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Because if they test 100000 in a few days and find 15000 infections what are they going to do with them all ?

The same as if they find them over a 2 week period, except more would be alive if they tested sooner.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

The same as if they find them over a 2 week period, except more would be alive if they tested sooner.

Are they going to find an additional 15k beds in a few days ?

• Like 1