Thailand reports new daily record of 31 virus deaths, 2,041 cases

webfact

26 minutes ago, georgey said:

And a spokesman from the Klong Toei public health office came up with this sensitive, sympathetic, maybe slightly understated little gem:

“Residents of Klong Toei slums usually live together in a crowded space and mostly have careers that are not compatible with work-from-home arrangements,” said the office.

True.  A lot of Khlong Toei residents work as Grab drivers, motor-cy, taxi drivers - they're likely to have come into contact with lots of other people in their work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

There was another one where the man got of of his motorbike, sat down on the curb and died.  Very similar pictures today as well, with them sanitizing everything in sight.  You just can not make this stuff up.  It tells me they are not getting tested.  I know that two of todays 31 deaths had not been tested but were given a covid test and determined to be positive.

Rumors and misinformation during a pandemic can be deadly. 

Do you have a link to the news story about the man getting off his motorcycle and dying? Or was that just a story you heard? From China?

2 hours ago, GeorgeEboy said:

Yes, I know of a guy working the same job as me in a different city who woke up and said his chest was very heavy. By the end of the day he was dead. It progressed that fast. I know, I know, I know, was he fat, high BP, asthmatic, over 65 etc, etc, etc. The fact is he died in less than 24 hours of become very sick. Just remember there is nothing stopping Thailand from becoming an India except a robust (right) vaccination plan. 

Did he die of Covid, or something else? If Covid, how was he tested if he died the same day? 

15 hours ago, robblok said:

Number is going up again, slowly but going up. I wonder how bad it would have been without the measures in place.

Too bad that this happend but letting Songkran happen was not a good idea. Though i doubt it could have been stopped, but the PM actively promoted it.

I wonder how long these numbers will stay this high, as i doubt measures will be relaxed unless serious progress has been made.

He promoted travel during songkran, now protests have stopped. Only killed one bird with one stone. 

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Did he die of Covid, or something else? If Covid, how was he tested if he died the same day? 

The point here is that India openly admits it is only counting hospital deaths and that the real count could be double that.. 

Source RNZ. 

So are we to believe the Thai count, are deaths outside of the hospitals counted or even tested,do they know the true infection rate as testing isn't that well done at present, either way it is a terrible thing and Thailand and its neighbouring countries have to be very careful. 

Malaysia already warned to be careful that new varieties don't cause another India. 

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Rumors and misinformation during a pandemic can be deadly. 

Do you have a link to the news story about the man getting off his motorcycle and dying? Or was that just a story you heard? From China?

The quote I responded to with other photos was removed as no link was provided. It was shown on the news, with the man sitting at the curb deceased, next photo of him covered and a group in PPE spraying around him before taking him away in an ambulance.  I don't remember which station showed it.  Just like the man who died in Klong Toey who was taken from his house and now there is an investigation into the actions of the rescue foundation with an autopsy to be performed. They also showed them in PPE clothes and spraying before taking him away.  Don't have a link for that either but it's now in a paper here in Thailand.

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The quote I responded to with other photos was removed as no link was provided. It was shown on the news, with the man sitting at the curb deceased, next photo of him covered and a group in PPE spraying around him before taking him away in an ambulance.  I don't remember which station showed it.  Just like the man who died in Klong Toey who was taken from his house and now there is an investigation into the actions of the rescue foundation with an autopsy to be performed. They also showed them in PPE clothes and spraying before taking him away.  Don't have a link for that either but it's now in a paper here in Thailand.

I don’t doubt that people in Thailand die outside hospitals, or that a homeless person might be found dead on the street, or someone is found dead in their house.

I am questioning how anyone knows they died of Covid, if no test has been performed?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I don’t doubt that people in Thailand die outside hospitals, or that a homeless person might be found dead on the street, or someone is found dead in their house.

I am questioning how anyone knows they died of Covid, if no test has been performed?

If you read my post it appeared he had by the precautions being taken with sanitizing and such. I also mentioned that 2 of yesterdays 31 deaths had been untested before they died and this could have been 1 of them. Obviously they tested those 2 after death and determined that they had covid.

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you read my post it appeared he had by the precautions being taken with sanitizing and such. I also mentioned that 2 of yesterdays 31 deaths had been untested before they died and this could have been 1 of them. Obviously they tested those 2 after death and determined that they had covid.

All I get from your posts are rumors, which are common during outbreaks.

During the Wuhan outbreak, videos were posted showing people allegedly dying from Covid on the street. They were bogus.

It’s very likely that the authorities found someone dead in a house, and that workers used PPE in taking care of the body, and an autopsy was to be performed to determine cause of death. Was it Covid or not? We will know later.

But the guy with Covid riding a motorcycle story seems bogus.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

All I get from your posts are rumors, which are common during outbreaks.

During the Wuhan outbreak, videos were posted showing people allegedly dying from Covid on the street. They were bogus.

It’s very likely that the authorities found someone dead in a house, and that workers used PPE in taking care of the body, and an autopsy was to be performed to determine cause of death. Was it Covid or not? We will know later.

But the guy with Covid riding a motorcycle story seems bogus.

Put me on ignore then if you think my posts are rumors.  My information is is either from seeing first hand reports on the news or reading them in the bonafide papers here in Thailand written in Thai. We all have our own opinions and agree to disagree.  Have a merry day.

• Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Put me on ignore then if you think my posts are rumors.  My information is is either from seeing first hand reports on the news or reading them in the bonafide papers here in Thailand written in Thai. We all have our own opinions and agree to disagree.  Have a merry day.

I am suggesting that the two anecdotes seem like rumors, in the sense that the two deaths were ascribed to Covid without any testing.

41 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

During the Wuhan outbreak, videos were posted showing people allegedly dying from Covid on the street. They were bogus

Do you have any source suggesting the Wuhan videos were fake?

I always thought they were real.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Every day I follow the news on this topic, and I can't help but come away amazed and impressed at the level of effort the health officials put into tracking and tracing the various COVID clusters, who's come into contact with and infected whom, and in what settings, etc etc...

I also can't help but thinking -- if the government had only put just that much effort into acquiring a timely vaccine supply for the Thai people instead of waiting for months on a locally produced/connected supply, all the ongoing tracking and tracing of COVID clusters might not have been so necessary.

I live in  NE Isaan country and for quite some time now I seem to be the only person checking in and out of stores, and the staff at the  door dont enforce it. How do they track and trace with no data from the population.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Do you have any source suggesting the Wuhan videos were fake?

I always thought they were real.

You mean like the video showing some drunk standing in the street and then falling over?

Or the one showing a heart attack victim attended by healthcare workers wearing PPE?

Here is the first clue: Covid victims are bedridden before they die, they don't go walking around and then keel over dead. They don't have the strength to walk around.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

You mean like the video showing some drunk standing in the street and then falling over?

Or the one showing a heart attack victim attended by healthcare workers wearing PPE?

Here is the first clue: Covid victims are bedridden before they die, they don't go walking around and then keel over dead. They don't have the strength to walk around.

Wrong again.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope, like the below, which are similar to the 2 cases discussed here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/31/a-man-lies-dead-in-the-street-the-image-that-captures-the-wuhan-coronavirus-crisis

23 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Heart attacks brought on by covid are also documented and can come at any time if you have previous heart problems, plenty of links to that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Heart attacks brought on by covid are also documented and can come at any time if you have previous heart problems, plenty of links to that.

The person we respond to only believes in someone being so sick they die in bed in the home or in the hospital. I remember a case herebin Bangkok last year where a person died in a cab, verified and confirmed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, howbri said:

If the mask works after 1 1/2 years of wearing them, why are we still wearing them? If the mask DOESN'T work, why are we still wearing them?

your a broken record

On 5/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, Swimfan said:

Or maybe Thailand closed its borders and instituted quarantine for the get go. The UK had a great advantage in this regard being an island state like Australia and New Zealand. But sadly Boris kept the country open so everyone could still go to Magaluf, Ibiza and Benidorm bringing back more of virus with them. The Uk was nothing more than a Government failure to listen the the experts.

But they didn't lol.. Your memory is pretty bad. January-March 80,000 people arrived from Wuhan alone. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, howbri said:

If the mask works after 1 1/2 years of wearing them, why are we still wearing them? If the mask DOESN'T work, why are we still wearing them?

If the laws against murder don’t stop every single murder, why do we keep them on the books?

8 hours ago, Mung said:

But they didn't lol.. Your memory is pretty bad. January-March 80,000 people arrived from Wuhan alone. 

I am unaware of many Chinese entering Thailand after February 1.

I believe that Wuhan was sealed off about that time. 

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The person we respond to only believes in someone being so sick they die in bed in the home or in the hospital. I remember a case herebin Bangkok last year where a person died in a cab, verified and confirmed.

Although it is possible for a bedridden COVID victim to die in a taxi on the way to the hospital, I never heard that story, nor has Google.

20 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Nothing in the story indicates the victim died of COVID. The dead man was holding a shopping bag. It unlikely that a seriously ill COVID victim would decide to go shopping.

It was mentioned above that some COVID victims suffer heart failure, but those are people with advanced symptoms, typically in ICU.

My point is that COVID doesn’t work that way, you don’t walk around and then drop dead, it’s a degenerative disease.