Paying Water Bill

stament

Is it possible to pay your water bill if you don't have the bill itself without the need to go to the water authority office near Tesco Lotus Chang Puek?

I wondered if they had some possible workaround due to covid concerns.

Thanks in advance.

You could get it set up that your water bill is automatically paid via your Thai bank account.  I set that up a decade+ ago.  I don't remember exactly how I did it but, if I recall right, I got some form from SCB and then gave it to the water authority (or, alternatively, got the form from the water authority and gave that to SCB).

A second option, presuming you have online access with your Thai bank account, is to simply use your bank's phone app to pay a bill directly from your account.  I can do that with the SCB bank app on my phone (likely can do it on the computer too) but I'm not sure how other Thai banks set that up.  Since I have my electric and water bills set up to be paid automatically from my Thai bank account, I only use the SCB phone app to pay the monthly True bills.

11 hours ago, CMBob said:

You could get it set up that your water bill is automatically paid via your Thai bank account.  I set that up a decade+ ago.  I don't remember exactly how I did it but, if I recall right, I got some form from SCB and then gave it to the water authority (or, alternatively, got the form from the water authority and gave that to SCB).

A second option, presuming you have online access with your Thai bank account, is to simply use your bank's phone app to pay a bill directly from your account.  I can do that with the SCB bank app on my phone (likely can do it on the computer too) but I'm not sure how other Thai banks set that up.  Since I have my electric and water bills set up to be paid automatically from my Thai bank account, I only use the SCB phone app to pay the monthly True bills.

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I don't have the account details that's the issue.  

Does anyone know how long it takes before they cut your water off, is it after 2 months of non-payment for example?

Edited by stament

should be no problem if you go to the office of the water cy., taking some details of the monthly bill before with you.

Last month I did miss my electrical bill, and going to the office with the former paid bill, allowed the lady to search quickly the computer and print me a bill in order to pay.

On 5/4/2021 at 4:19 PM, Fairynuff said:

You can use an old bill if you still have one. The bar code will bring up your present balance. I’ve paid bills at 7-11 numerous times this way.

Unfortunately I do not have access to an old bill and am not at home.  I guess I will just get my wife to call them and see what happens....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2021 at 7:28 PM, stament said:

Unfortunately I do not have access to an old bill and am not at home.  I guess I will just get my wife to call them and see what happens....

Super mia did it. ????

On 5/4/2021 at 1:46 PM, canthai55 said:

The joys of living out of the city.

Neighbor lady reads our water meter, comes by for the payment.

Can be as high as 70 THB !!!

I wouldn’t even bother telling my friends back home in Canada about this....they’d never believe it!

So great...everybody works in Thailand (under normal circumstances)....no one makes a lot of money but everyone has something to do????????

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 1:46 PM, canthai55 said:

The joys of living out of the city.

Neighbor lady reads our water meter, comes by for the payment.

Can be as high as 70 THB !!!

That much ????

Ouch 

Do they let you pay by installments ?

• Haha 1

Update, my wife called the Water Authority and they helped guide her without our account details.  She needed to download an app in Line and was then able to pay it she said.

Looks like we will be in the village for a while longer so useful.  Electric is on DD not sure why our water isn't.

20 minutes ago, stament said:

Update, my wife called the Water Authority and they helped guide her without our account details.  She needed to download an app in Line and was then able to pay it she said.

Looks like we will be in the village for a while longer so useful.  Electric is on DD not sure why our water isn't.

The wonders of Tek na logie as my Mrs calls it...I just hold the bar code Infront of my kasikorn  bank app and boom it'd paid, even I'm impressed..

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 9:59 AM, canthai55 said:

I was paying $125 per month for cell fone and internet when last there for work

Glad the boss picked up the bill - along with all the rest !

In Western Canada I figured $500. a month for gas water electricity Wi-Fi etc. 

cell phone was $85 -$150 per month 

for me alone but I had friends with three teens so 5 cell phones plus data $400. per month and a bigger house to hold everyone!

He said $1000. month for phones and all utilities was a good month for him....now add two car lease payments plus gasoline and insurance...another $2000. minimum and a $2000. mortgage payment and $1000. per month food bill for 5 people = $6000. per month plus clothing plus plus! 

Now I remember why I left the “land of plenty