Travel to Krabi and avoid quarantine?

Traveling to Krabi this week and want to avoid quarantine. What are the rules?

Do I have to take a COVID test before my flight or can I take it at the airport upon arrival? How much $?

Request link to official government information about this.

As of now, and this could change at any time, it appears there is no quarantine on arrival.  You need to install the Mor Chana app, and maybe, get your temp taken at either the airport or at a highway checkpoint.

We drove around this area a few months ago and did see several highway checkpoints.  Large tents manned by people in white coats.  But we were never stopped.  We have Chonburi plates.  One time, going out of Khao Lak, we were stopped and had our temp taken.

Again, this could change tomorrow.

http://www.moicovid.com/krabi/

13 minutes ago, dave captain said:

I M flying from Canada, can I fly to BKK and transfer to Krabi without isolation? I have had 2 shots of Moderna. 

It's constantly changing.  But right now, there's a mandatory 2 week quarantine.  Hopefully, in July, it will be 1 week if you've had a jab and will be only in Phuket.

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's constantly changing.  But right now, there's a mandatory 2 week quarantine.  Hopefully, in July, it will be 1 week if you've had a jab and will be only in Phuket.

the plan for Phuket in July, is no quarantine if you've been jabbed....

i stress, plan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a great time to travel to Krabi.

Since midnight there are even more strict restrictions including reduced opening hours for shops and markets, takeaway only from restaurants and some areas completely locked down.

3268A071-016B-4342-A7E8-A716A17DE8DC.png

Edited by krabi local
Added graphic
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dave captain said:

I M flying from Canada

I was told if you transit through BKK international-to-domestic (not international transfers) you need to serve out quarantine in BKK.

Would appreciate confirmation or correction.

All I found was https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Infographic-Guidelines-for-International-Flight-Transit-Transfer-1.pdf    Under "more information" there's a phone and an email contact method.

22 hours ago, Fromas said:

I was told if you transit through BKK international-to-domestic (not international transfers) you need to serve out quarantine in BKK.

It can also be served in Pattaya and surrounding area and maybe some of the golf resorts with a BKK arrival.

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2021 at 9:21 PM, dave captain said:

I M flying from Canada, can I fly to BKK and transfer to Krabi without isolation? I have had 2 shots of Moderna. 

You must quarantine at your point of entry into Thailand, so that means it will be in Bangkok or the surrounding area (e.g., Pattaya). The only place you could quarantine outside of Bangkok is Phuket. To do that, you must be one one of the twice weekly Singapore Airlines flights to Phuket. You connect in Singapore and then fly directly to Phuket. 

• Thanks 1