How/where do you pay the new Land and Building Tax?

After some confusion in 2020 I have received about 10 Days ago the blue Land and Building Tax assessment/bill.

From what I understand there are many possibilities where you can pay, even Online.

However, I can not find any information to whom I should make such payment.

Name, Account Number etc.

Also I understand that I can pay cash by using the pay slip they sent.

Does anyone know if I can do that at any Bank or do I need to go to a Krung Thai Bank?

If anyone has done this already and figured out the details of Online or direct payment at a Bank I would be thankful if you could share the details.

This is the first year (for me anyway) that I have to pay this Tax, and as so many things here, once done one time....peace of cake next year...

Edited by Tom9999
  • Like 1

Thanks Chip

I guess I could pay at City Hall here in Town.

But considering that this is now going to be a yearly thing it would be great to do it Online or just having to pop into a Bank and pay like this.

Based on replies here I will just try the Banks first once the are open again after the Holidays today and tomorrow...

Hi wifey got it in the mail. There is a QR code on the page.

We have Bangkok Bank and when I scanner the QR code it opened in the Bangkok Bank app. and I just sent it as suggested in the app.

Probably works with other banks.

Think i used the Line app to scan the code.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, carlyai said:

Hi wifey got it in the mail. There is a QR code on the page.

We have Bangkok Bank and when I scanner the QR code it opened in the Bangkok Bank app. and I just sent it as suggested in the app.

Probably works with other banks.

Think i used the Line app to scan the code.

Thank you Carlyai

Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer.

I have found a few answers to my question.

Posting here for others:

If you are using Mobile Banking than you can simply Scan the QR Box INSIDE, the one next to the Bar Code and the amount you have to pay.

The one OUTSIDE is for objecting to the authorities, in case you believe something is not correct.

I had to install first the Mobile Banking App.

I usually use IBanking from the PC, so when I scanned the QR Code with my phone, no Banking App opened as I did not have any installed.

After I installed the MBanking App and scanned directly from inside this App I got automatically a payment set up by the App.

Just had to check and confirm, actually really easy.

As an alternative I have been told you can go to City Hall or where you would usually go for Government Tax related items.

Also People told me that you can pay at any Bank Branch and even a 7-Eleven might work.

I guess with the possibility to just scan the QR Box all those places might be able to do this for you.

So the bottom line is: Easy, once you know how it can be done.

I hope this reply helps some of you who have/had the same question.

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 12:46 PM, Tom9999 said:

Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer.

I have found a few answers to my question.

Posting here for others:

If you are using Mobile Banking than you can simply Scan the QR Box INSIDE, the one next to the Bar Code and the amount you have to pay.

The one OUTSIDE is for objecting to the authorities, in case you believe something is not correct.

I had to install first the Mobile Banking App.

I usually use IBanking from the PC, so when I scanned the QR Code with my phone, no Banking App opened as I did not have any installed.

After I installed the MBanking App and scanned directly from inside this App I got automatically a payment set up by the App.

Just had to check and confirm, actually really easy.

As an alternative I have been told you can go to City Hall or where you would usually go for Government Tax related items.

Also People told me that you can pay at any Bank Branch and even a 7-Eleven might work.

I guess with the possibility to just scan the QR Box all those places might be able to do this for you.

So the bottom line is: Easy, once you know how it can be done.

I hope this reply helps some of you who have/had the same question.

Have you got more than 1 condo or house?

My information on this new land and building tax is, it is suspended due to the Covid outbreak. This new tax replaces the original tax we paid as a small hotel which was based on the number of rooms. I would suggest checking before making any payment.

On 5/3/2021 at 3:53 PM, Tom9999 said:

If anyone has done this already and figured out the details of Online or direct payment at a Bank I would be thankful if you could share the details.

You can scan the barcode with your bank app and make the payment

City hall who said you can't do it online. Don't forget to claim exemption for first home. It's a stealth tax which will escalate rapidly after a year or 2 and most Thais don't seem to claim exemption as it's heavily discounted

• Like 1