Interest in moving out of Thailand takes Internet by storm

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

So, to quantify what I know.

In our own little circle here we have 27 Thai friends.

My wife has another 52 friends spread across North America & Europe.

In that, maybe not totally representative sample, not a single one would ever return to Thailand.

I would also add our Thai son, who now lives in the US, in his own words says 'Hell would freeze over before I would go back there'.

I'm not Thai, but still like the place as a vacation, but probably not full time as before.

But I'm not Thai, don't have any emotional  attachment to the place so aren't really qualified to say what Thai's feel when it comes to their homeland

It really depends on what they were doing in Thailand, uneducated farm girls will go anywhere to get away . Middle class thais have zero interest in moving. My last 2 long term girlfriends fit into that category and were not interested in going to live in Australia or it could be they were interested but just not going with me! 

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I think from prior posts he lost the whole kit and caboodle, house and land via. a court ruling, but then I may be confusing him with another who said the same thing when we were talking about 30/30/30 year leases on another OP.

Read about a guy who lost 20 million Baht........house builder was a Brit!!!

The builder never paid the Thai contractors, so under Thai law (as I read it) the contractors had first dibs on the house and land, which they promptly sold and divided up the spoils between them........the Brit builder lives in Staffordshire and has reputedly done this before....

1 minute ago, Andy from Kent said:

How did you end up losing millions if you don't mind saying?    You may be able to help others who are considering this option.

I know some people who are very comfortable with the company route.

I bought a house 100% with 4 million.  The shareholders were 51% Thai & I was the 49%.  My ex-wife had a crooked audit company change the shareholders so she was 50% + a Thai girl in the office 1% who I never met.  I knew nothing about it as all documents were in  Thai & I accepted her reassurance.

When I came to sell mayhem ensued.  I paid two sets of lawyers to argue my case one totally useless, the other ineffectual; the court decided I could have 25% of my capital back.  She paid me off with a bank loan & is now living with her new Swedish husband in my house.  I say new - she married him three months after the divorce went through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

My last 2 long term girlfriends fit into that category and were not interested in going to live in Australia or it could be they were interested but just not going with me!

yes living overseas is not for everyone,they miss the family and thai food,yet there are thousands living in australia,also in norway and europe.They have a better life financially and have no intention of returning to the land of smiles.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I bought a house 100% with 4 million.  The shareholders were 51% Thai & I was the 49%.  My ex-wife had a crooked audit company change the shareholders so she was 50% + a Thai girl in the office 1% who I never met.  I knew nothing about it as all documents were in  Thai & I accepted her reassurance.

When I came to sell mayhem ensued.  I paid two sets of lawyers to argue my case one totally useless, the other ineffectual; the court decided I could have 25% of my capital back.  She paid me off with a bank loan & is now living with her new Swedish husband in my house.  I say new - she married him three months after the divorce went through.

That's the way to go.

Find a woman who had already a farang wearing pink glasses and buying her house, car, land etc.

Take over when she is divorced and live in a house for free.

14 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Wow......genuinely gutted for you....at the end of the day you simply cannot trust anyone....sad.

14 minutes ago, madmen said:

It really depends on what they were doing in Thailand, uneducated farm girls will go anywhere to get away . Middle class thais have zero interest in moving. My last 2 long term girlfriends fit into that category and were not interested in going to live in Australia or it could be they were interested but just not going with me! 

Well as always it's a mixed bag.

Granted I'm sure there are a bunch of poor farm girls for who, living in some social housing in farangland is better than a tin roofed shack in Isaan.

But there are also, and I include my own social Thai circle, who are educated and just don't agree with the social order in Thailand.

A few of them know full well what they post on social media would in Thailand end up with a Lese Majeste or Computer crimes charge.

Free speech is a wonderful thing, but it often comes with the price you can't live in your homeland

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Wow......genuinely gutted for you....at the end of the day you simply cannot trust anyone....sad.

and that is the truth.So many western guys have been ripped of by thai partners.It has been said that Scots can peel an orange inside their pocket,and that's how we have to e here in LOS.

• Like 1

ok if theyre not happy with govt do something about it instead of going mai pen rai.the culture here underlines the fact u do nothing, obey the fascist feudal clique and do not get excited about anything as that makes you look bad ha ha ha but continue to sit and chew the cud.so if you dont do anything,guess what nothing changes,real simple and stay out of our places or we may treat you like you treat us.i wish to leave but i must sell a property first so i cant leave as they make it hard to come back and i would have to do that to finish the transaction and get the money out.in a way i understand the way they feel but dodging any responsibility and having our countries deal with you NO. you sort it out and do something for once,get up off your ass for once ,make a decision ,act

13 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

That's the way to go.

Find a woman who had already a farang wearing pink glasses and buying her house, car, land etc.

Take over when she is divorced and live in a house for free.

I'll bet a £ to a penny the Swede will end up paying off the bank loan.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pravda said:

They helped a lot financially and didn't let the people starve and die like in Thailand.

Where have "starving, dying" Thais been reported, then, specifically due to financial circumstances?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

28 minutes ago, mikebell said:

That happens everywhere, not just Thailand. Usually you lose 50% of everything, not just the house.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Thank you.  Nice to know there are still sensitive & caring people out there.  The sad/bad thing is I still trust people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

ok if theyre not happy with govt do something about it instead of going mai pen rai.the culture here underlines the fact u do nothing, obey the fascist feudal clique and do not get excited about anything as that makes you look bad ha ha ha but continue to sit and chew the cud.so if you dont do anything,guess what nothing changes,real simple and stay out of our places or we may treat you like you treat us.i wish to leave but i must sell a property first so i cant leave as they make it hard to come back and i would have to do that to finish the transaction and get the money out.in a way i understand the way they feel but dodging any responsibility and having our countries deal with you NO. you sort it out and do something for once,get up off your ass for once ,make a decision ,act

Have you consider writing as a career?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Hurry up, first emails and calls coming through as I am writing this emotional statement.

Love, Khun Big Heart.

Had a mate,wanted a nurse for a G/F so he advertised on the hospital staff notice board.He's now got free health care.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I'll bet a £ to a penny the Swede will end up paying off the bank loan.

House was 4 Million.

He got 25% back.

She took the loan of 1000,000, probably over 10, 15, 20 years of more.

I would be happy to pay a little towards that outstanding mortgage and if things go sour, just walk away.

Better then sponsoring the whole 4,000.000 probably cash.

2 minutes ago, thasoss said:

Had a mate,wanted a nurse for a G/F so he advertised on the hospital staff notice board.He's now got free health care.

I try this on the banking board.

Do I get free money for life too?

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thank you.  Nice to know there are still sensitive & caring people out there.  The sad/bad thing is I still trust people.

Funnily enough I was going to add something similar........sat looking at my wife 26 years younger, dotes on me, does absolutely everything for me, tells me she loves me 5/6 times a day, married for 15 years (after knowing each other for only three days)........surely I can trust her?......Mmmmmm.

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Old joke posted here before.....

Why is your marriage like a hurricane?

At first everything is calm, warm and cosy............then suddenly your house has gone.

The way to go is "removable homes".

If she decides that you are not more what she wants, tell her that she can keep her land and you take the house back.

https://www.loveproperty.com/gallerylist/71214/these-ingenious-movable-homes-could-set-you-free

76BBDAE9-1E40-44DC-9DF8-12F5967EAD2B.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

The way to go is "removable homes".

If she decides that you are not more what she wants, tell her that she can keep her land and you take the house back.

https://www.loveproperty.com/gallerylist/71214/these-ingenious-movable-homes-could-set-you-free

76BBDAE9-1E40-44DC-9DF8-12F5967EAD2B.jpeg

That looks smart....just looked at their site......would be happy in any of those....

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Funnily enough I was going to add something similar........sat looking at my wife 26 years younger, dotes on me, does absolutely everything for me, tells me she loves me 5/6 times a day, married for 15 years (after knowing each other for only three days)........surely I can trust her?......Mmmmmm.

That's what my cats tells me every day too.

C98010A0-4856-4F66-833A-5969689A2C2D.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Mandatory Border runs, 300% inport duties on thai rice, wristband trackers, pics of the thai with her farang partner in bedroom, can’t buy land, double pricing, no local health care and social benefits , TM30’s, The 49%-51% investor rule ect ect. Give them the same warm welcome as what we get overhere. Fair is fair.

Border runs are not mandated by the Thai government or the IB.

Thailand does not impose 300% import duty on Thai rice [sic].

Wristband trackers, what about them?  There's no imposition of them.

If you want social security join the social security scheme and you'll get it!

One or two occasions of double pricing, jesus...not only in Thailand.

Immigration requirements, which country doesn't have them?

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not if they get a green card for the US.  No reporting ever and they have permanent residence as well, can buy property in their name and of course collect money from the Government if unemployed, even get a stimulus check....

In the unlikely event that they can get a visa in the first place.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No, it was because they were barred by the American aviation authorities because, I believe, their maintenance programme wasn't up to US standards. Remember that, if you ever fly them. If the airline ever flies anywhere internationally again, that is.

The irony is that, in the context of the number of accidents,  the Thai air safety record is so much better than the US's record!  Remember that if you ever fly in the US or on a US airline.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1