Interest in moving out of Thailand takes Internet by storm

snoop1130

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:
2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My wife has travelled in Europe with me and loved the cooler weather, and the snow and the change of seasons (and I don't mean the change from hot to hotter to wet). Plenty of Thais feel as uncomfortable as we do in high heat and humidity.

Secondly, they might also get the shock of their life that wages are 10x higher in Farangland.

Expand  

Keep your horses back.

10X higher wages? That's a minimum of 100,000Baht a month.

Not many countries where ppl earn that kind of money as min. wage.

Well, I know people there who pay 40-60,000 baht a month rent in London. But then they aren't on minimum wage. The fact that Thais who live outside of Thailand have to do menial jobs for far less says all you need to know about the Thai education system. All most are fit for is being maids, or cooks or waitresses in Thai restaurants.

Funny story. A young woman from my wife's village was visiting home from London and said she was the finance director of a Thai restaurant in London. The look of horror on her face when I told her I'd pop in to see her when I was next in London was something to behold. I imagine she might be a waitress or at best the cashier, or maybe she doesn't work in a restaurant at all........

• Haha 1

Be very careful what yiu ask for ??????

"The grass is always greener on the others side of the fence"

In saying that I would not be here if I was in my 30's. Limited opportunities at the right salary, but Mr Joe average must realize the cost of living in some of  these countries is moving upwards at an alarming rate

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I tried the company route; the lawyers who set it up never tell you it is illegal & shareholders can go to jail.  It cost me millions to find this out.  How would you advise readers to own a house?

Just by registering the house in your name as a foreigner, perfectly legal as the government allows foreigners to own houses.  The illegal way of buying it through a non-operating, nominee Thai company isn't needed.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not if they get a green card for the US.  No reporting ever and they have permanent residence as well, can buy property in their name and of course collect money from the Government if unemployed, even get a stimulus check....

And social security. 

I know a lot of Thais that have gone to the US, done their 10 years, and will get a check for the rest of their lives.  Good for them! 

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Just by registering the house in your name as a foreigner, perfectly legal as the government allows foreigners to own houses.  The illegal way of buying it through a non-operating, nominee Thai company isn't needed.

But you have enter it from a helicopter, through a skylight once the wife kicks off?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I try this on the banking board.

Do I get free money for life too?

well you never know you're luck in the big city.But i met an older guy in pattaya,running out of money;his lady owned a laundromat,loved him inspite of his finances and was happy to care of him,this story was told to me by her.So there's always a nice story to go with the "horror's"

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The number of accidents, you know those things that invariably kill everyone.

5555......pretty meaningless statistic if US airlines have 20 times the flying time of ThaiAir......

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:
3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The number of accidents, you know those things that invariably kill everyone.

5555......pretty meaningless statistic if US airlines have 20 times the flying time of ThaiAir......

"...meaningless statistic if US airlines have 20 times the flying time of ThaiAir....."

Who said that they do?   The number of air accidents is not meaningless at all but your comment is when you just throw in a "20 times" suggestion pulled from nowhere.

46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where have "starving, dying" Thais been reported, then, specifically due to financial circumstances?

I dunno.... Somewhere in the internet. 

But if you don't believe me how about you donate all the money you have including your pension and ask uncle Tu to help you out. 

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:
3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Dont forget the guys who own King Power bought Leicester City and I think the owners at Reading are Thai

It seems Thai's no longer own Reading

Reading FC: Thai owners to sell majority shares to Chinese brother and sister

And? What about them?

Is Mike Ashley looking at buying 'The Thunder Castles' here?

Edited by NanLaew

27 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, I know people there who pay 40-60,000 baht a month rent in London. But then they aren't on minimum wage. The fact that Thais who live outside of Thailand have to do menial jobs for far less says all you need to know about the Thai education system. All most are fit for is being maids, or cooks or waitresses in Thai restaurants.

Funny story. A young woman from my wife's village was visiting home from London and said she was the finance director of a Thai restaurant in London. The look of horror on her face when I told her I'd pop in to see her when I was next in London was something to behold. I imagine she might be a waitress or at best the cashier, or maybe she doesn't work in a restaurant at all........

Sure. She is probably the CFO of distributing the tips, end of the day.

58 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I will place an advertise at all local shop like Lotus, BigC, 7/11, Immigration office, police station.

Good afternoon ladies,

My name is khun handsum. I am mid fourty (and up), good looking, sporty. I am easy going.

I like family and days out. I like to walk at the beach, dining out and travel around Thailand, Asia, Europe etc.

I love sporty cars.

My friends tell me that I am an amazing person, always here to help and always a smile on my face.

What am I looking for?

A good looking lady, mid 30, educated, sporty, wealthy.

If you like my profile, please forward me your updated bankbooks, pictures of your mansion and beach villa, cars etc.

All I can give you is my heart, love, dedication.

From you, I expect honesty, loyalty and that you never ask me for cash as this will destroy our feelings.

I am sure we would spend amazing years together.

If you feel that your moment has arrived, give me a call.

Hurry up, first emails and calls coming through as I am writing this emotional statement.

Love, Khun Big Heart.

First candidate just replied.

Hello handsome man.

My name is Lou, recently divorced.

I read your profile and am very much interested in knowing you better.

You may ask now, why my English is above average.

Well, I married a rich US citizen who owned a few factories. I lived in the US with him and before moving to Thailand, he sold his complete empire. His worth is around 150 Million Baht.

We build a beautiful 500m2 house on a 2 rai piece of land on a beautiful island.

We own a few penthouses in BKK.

I'm driving a Ferrari Monza SP1 and a few other sporty cars.

After having spend 6 years with my now "ex" husband, I decided it was the time to move on.

I never really was attracted by his looks.

He is 35 years older than me, drinks whisky and smokes those horrible Cuban cigars.

I divorced him and all properties, cars are in my name.

We settled and I gave him 150,000 baht and a 1 way ticket back to the US.

I would love to meet you soon, Dear.

I don't care about money. I am looking for a loyal, loving partner and I think you fit this profile 100%.

With love and hugs,

Lou

Please call, can't wait.

16 minutes ago, Pravda said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where have "starving, dying" Thais been reported, then, specifically due to financial circumstances?

I dunno.... Somewhere in the internet. 

Ok, I understand, that hasn't been reported, anywhere.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...meaningless statistic if US airlines have 20 times the flying time of ThaiAir....."

Who said that they do?   The number of air accidents is not meaningless at all but your comment is when you just throw in a "20 times" suggestion pulled from nowhere.

If.........have you never come across the word?

I really don't understand ..........would you say it was fair to compare the number fatal car accidents occurring in San Marino with those in the UK?????

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

I'm surprised Japan and Malaysia are on the list.

I see Japanese retirees moving to Thailand instead. 

Yes, you would need a work permit to live in Japan, and speaking Japanese is essential.

2 hours ago, thasoss said:

Had a mate,wanted a nurse for a G/F so he advertised on the hospital staff notice board.He's now got free health care.

Did he get a vax too?

Edited by samtam

20 hours ago, WineOh said:

will they have to do 90 day reports?

Who cares don’t come back you Thais came back from overseas when the Wuhan virus was spreading all over but here 3-3 1/2 months zero cases, now it’s bad here then you jump ship again your dorks not Thais so when it gets better here you come back, just don’t let me see you at the airport 

• Confused 1

Who cares don’t come back you Thais came back from overseas when the Wuhan virus was spreading all over but here 3-3 1/2 months zero cases, now it’s bad here then you jump ship again your dorks not Thais so when it gets better here you come back, just don’t let me see you at the airport 

No clue what you're trying to say, but I'd like one of whatever you took before writing that.

Edited by The Cipher
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, kimamey said:

Probably easier said than done to be honest.

It might depend on the numbers... look back to 1989 in Europe. But as long as there's rice in the house and beer in the fridge, Thais hardly move. Sad.

• Like 1