Interest in moving out of Thailand takes Internet by storm

snoop1130

5 hours ago, thasoss said:

over half a million followers in 2 days tells that the young are fed up with their politicians and "rich clique"......everything is possible and they should be encouraged.

In australia i still think it's possible to apply and get a student visa for the under 30's ,studying english and the visa allows them to work.Need money of course to start off so not everyone will be in a position to do this.The weather is good,the streets are clean,and there are always jobs.

They have zero chance of getting in this year, I'd suggest not next year either an d maybe not until 2023.

We're so far behind in vaccinations its estimated we wont; have finished vaccinations before 2023.  So many don't wants one as there is no community transmission and you can't leave the country without a special reason. Hell, if you try and get back from India they will literally jail you ! My Aussie friend is still stuck in Poland, he says if he can't get back to Aus. by Christmas, this year he will just give up and throw himself under a train. If they want to up the vaccination rate, I guess they could let a few folk in, get some community transmission going to "encourage" vaccinations ????

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Many Thais aren't, either.  Funny how so many people assume that everyone in Thailand earns B300 a day.

Nobody believes they all make 300 baht a day.  On our staff, we had hundreds of Thais on the payroll and on contracts and they made great money in Thai terms (I'nt'l oil company).  But any one of them would have been paid several multiples for the same position in the USA or Europe.  In fact, they did get a huge temporary bump when they were stationed at the home office for training.  That's the only way they could afford to live there.

The point is that NOBODY works for 300 baht a day in the USA or western Europe.  Right now, the going rate for casual (spelled illegal) workers outside the Home Depot is $100 cash for an 8 hour day.  (Ask me how I know that)  Meanwhile in Thailand, a lot of agriculture and tourism workers would give their left nut to make minimum wage (300 baht), never mind that much. 

So it shouldn't be shocking when the cost of a meal is higher.

Edited by impulse

On 5/3/2021 at 2:44 PM, RichardColeman said:

My wife wants to live in England later in life. But it seems her desire for it is more that she wants to walk in the snow than see anything  else

Best we can do is drizzle. 

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Right now, the going rate for casual (spelled illegal) workers outside the Home Depot is $100 cash for an 8 hour day.  (Ask me how I know that)

2 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Ok I'll bite. How do you know that?

Well, rice & bean burrito's are a luxury foreign food here, and you can feed a family of 8 on that wage.

13 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

In that, maybe not totally representative sample, not a single one would ever return to Thailand.

Your numbers seem to reflect my experience in OZ perhaps with the caveat that some go back for holidays but always seem to return.

They DO seem to be entranced by the change of the seasons tho' ,admittedly ,I live in a temperate part of the country.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2021 at 2:44 PM, RichardColeman said:

My wife wants to live in England later in life. But it seems her desire for it is more that she wants to walk in the snow than see anything  else

My missus wanted to make a snowman, on first trip to UK. My son looks on, wondering whats happening. She said it looks 'same same' like me.

snowman.thumb.jpg.6692fa7cc4da653f7f02263b01aa9630.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

In over 40 years, we only know of 5 Thai people who moved back to Thailand from the U.S..  4 were retirees, one moved back after a divorce.  The last couple moved back because the wife, a neurology doctor, developed severe dementia and needed to be looked after 24 x 7. Sad. 

The younger group of relatives we brought here have no intention of going back (though retirement finances may change that some day).  They work in Thai restaurants and one sis-in-law owns a Thai restaurant.  They work hard and play hard.  One niece has a baby boy of 18 months.  She's not going to get him Thai citizenship because of the military draft.

Make that 6 people.

We just moved back , and are still doing our quarantine, We just got tired with the BS back in the US, and are looking for new fresh BS here in Thailand, Who knows in a couple of years we will miss the USBS and move back again LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Don't do yourself down.

Maybe they were just 'heads stuck up the a@#ss' middle class Thai's.

In some ways they are actually dumber than the uneducated farm/bar girl Thai's!

keep drinking your gin

Edited by Meat Pie 47

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Just by registering the house in your name as a foreigner, perfectly legal as the government allows foreigners to own houses.  The illegal way of buying it through a non-operating, nominee Thai company isn't needed.

Haha ha you can buy the house but not the land it stands on

On 5/3/2021 at 1:36 PM, Justgrazing said:

Unless they wanna play chicken in a inflatable dinghy with English Channel maritime traffic there's about as much chance of catching a brick in a cobweb than getting into fortress Britain legally at the mo' .. 

Tell that to the thousands of HK that are piling in. It’s not fortress Britain, so much as having the choice of who you let in Britain. And what’s wrong with that? Aside from EU, practically every other country has that very basic choice.   

8 hours ago, BumGun said:

They have zero chance of getting in this year, I'd suggest not next year either an d maybe not until 2023.

We're so far behind in vaccinations its estimated we wont; have finished vaccinations before 2023.  So many don't wants one as there is no community transmission and you can't leave the country without a special reason. Hell, if you try and get back from India they will literally jail you ! My Aussie friend is still stuck in Poland, he says if he can't get back to Aus. by Christmas, this year he will just give up and throw himself under a train. If they want to up the vaccination rate, I guess they could let a few folk in, get some community transmission going to "encourage" vaccinations ????

BS  we just had one coming from Poland back to Australia from Poland and he had the virus

On 5/3/2021 at 9:44 PM, CLW said:

I guess many of them should think twice if they want to change their location from a tropical climate to any western country with a cold and dark winter.

Secondly, they might get the shock of their life that it ain't 50 Baht for a noodle soup from a non-existing street vendor or 250 Baht for a visit to a restaurant.

Or a few Baht for a 2 hour massage. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Have you consider writing as a career?

have you considered getting a life fleance?obviously not.a perfect example of the inability to even spell correctly,something of a faux pas .the total lack of an intellect expressed  in one brief sentence.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, mikebell said:

I bought a house 100% with 4 million.  The shareholders were 51% Thai & I was the 49%.  My ex-wife had a crooked audit company change the shareholders so she was 50% + a Thai girl in the office 1% who I never met.  I knew nothing about it as all documents were in  Thai & I accepted her reassurance.

When I came to sell mayhem ensued.  I paid two sets of lawyers to argue my case one totally useless, the other ineffectual; the court decided I could have 25% of my capital back.  She paid me off with a bank loan & is now living with her new Swedish husband in my house.  I say new - she married him three months after the divorce went through.

Thank you for your answer Mike.

I know that  the company route is  both common and illegal.    I  personally could never feel comfortable knowing things could change for the negative with my home ownership if the administration in place decided to  enforce existing laws or  possible add new ones.

The  idea that a legal procedure  such as buying a house without knowing the translation in your native language is just wrong.    I give as an example my Thai Will.     The Will is written in Thai with each paragraph accompanied with an English Translation.

Your case should serve as an example for others but we all know that love is blind.

I did find some possibly intended humor in your lawyer description.      I'd be seriously conflicted in choosing  between a "useless lawyer and an ineffectual one".  ????

Good luck to to you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Haha ha you can buy the house but not the land it stands on

Exactly, that's what I said in response to a poster who said foreigners cannot buy houses in Thailand.  He was wrong, foreigners can by houses in Thailand, as you also confirmed.    Not that dissimilar from buying a leasehold house in many other countries.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Exactly, that's what I said in response to a poster who said foreigners cannot buy houses in Thailand.  He was wrong, foreigners can by houses in Thailand, as you also confirmed.    Not that dissimilar from buying a leasehold house in many other countries.

But you have no legal access to it?

• Confused 1