Thai Visa Forum

3 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Id def be curious to see what those look like inside for a 14 days stay

Image result for thai  bedroom poverty

I was rushed to hospital last year (out in the sticks), told them I had full insurance. The doctor shouted put him in the VIP room.

It was a room with a bed.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I was rushed to hospital last year (out in the sticks), told them I had full insurance. The doctor shouted put him in the VIP room.

It was a room with a bed.

I got dengue in Cm when I first arrived in 2008ish.....had insurance----spent 3 days in CM Ram VIP room..had a living room and a kitchen area!

cost alot considering they did nothing as it is dengue...paracetamol every few hrs i could have gotten at 7-11 for 10 bt....just bed rest..parac.  fluids--IV

It was really bad as I thought i had food poisoning..didnt eat for 5 days and lost 10 lbs...kidneys started hurting really bad which led me to Cm Ram

they tested me and confirmed dengue and when they found I had ins I got the VIP room.....first exp for me as a newbie....so i was clueless as to rooms there

Laid in bed for those 3 days with zero energy..I will never forget...they had 3 cute nurses come into my room to "wash me" with a big bowl etc..

Being a newbie I panicked and said no no no Im ok...I can shower and dragged myself into shower myself with my IV hookup in tow...(foolish move)

To this day, having been in LOS yearly since 2008, I deeply regret sending those cute nurses away all giggly, esp since my ins paid for it!!!!

Another one I got T boned on my mbike and the mbike landed on my right leg-knee smashing it-tendons-fracture--bone chipped--etc..

was working as a chef then so had GOV ins..took me to a local hospital on hang dong rd and hours later the doc came in and grabbed my

leg and swung my knee back n forth/Flexing it---I screamed bloody murder and the nurses all freaked out--He says"You leg is broken"..OMG

I called my thai gf to come and get me and take me back to CM Ram, where the Doc there was a customer of where I worked In CM as a Chef!

Since he was a nice guy and my leg was trashed, I headed home, but thanked him and gave him the recipe to his favorite dish before I gimped on  home

Did get the vip treatment on plane with wheel chair and all..until the stewardess ran into my leg cast hanging in the aisle with the drink cart.....dangit

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I got dengue in Cm when I first arrived in 2008ish.....had insurance----spent 3 days in CM Ram VIP room..had a living room and a kitchen area!

cost alot considering they did nothing as it is dengue...paracetamol every few hrs i could have gotten at 7-11 for 10 bt....just bed rest..parac.  fluids--IV

It was really bad as I thought i had food poisoning..didnt eat for 5 days and lost 10 lbs...kidneys started hurting really bad which led me to Cm Ram

they tested me and confirmed dengue and when they found I had ins I got the VIP room.....first exp for me as a newbie....so i was clueless as to rooms there

Laid in bed for those 3 days with zero energy..I will never forget...they had 3 cute nurses come into my room to "wash me" with a big bowl etc..

Being a newbie I panicked and said no no no Im ok...I can shower and dragged myself into shower myself with my IV hookup in tow...(foolish move)

To this day, having been in LOS yearly since 2008, I deeply regret sending those cute nurses away all giggly, esp since my ins paid for it!!!!

Another one I got T boned on my mbike and the mbike landed on my right leg-knee smashing it-tendons-fracture--bone chipped--etc..

was working as a chef then so had GOV ins..took me to a local hospital on hang dong rd and hours later the doc came in and grabbed my

leg and swung my knee back n forth/Flexing it---I screamed bloody murder and the nurses all freaked out--He says"You leg is broken"..OMG

I called my thai gf to come and get me and take me back to CM Ram, where the Doc there was a customer of where I worked In CM as a Chef!

Since he was a nice guy and my leg was trashed, I headed home, but thanked him and gave him the recipe to his favorite dish before I gimped on  home

Did get the vip treatment on plane with wheel chair and all..until the stewardess ran into my leg cast hanging in the aisle with the drink cart.....dangit

Had four days in my "VIP" room........blood all over the walls from mosquitos (I hope?).....no air, just a fan. The wash basin next door was hanging off the wall and swarming with ants.

Had seven litres of IV water, one litre of IV antibiotics plus salt solutions every four hours...........got the bill, thinking thank god I had insurance.........the whole lot came to £60 and my excess was £50!!!!

• Sad 1
On 5/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, stephen cross said:

Hi

Has anyone been able to find a list of the free government quarantine hotels for thai nationals please.

I think your question has been missed in the above posts, but here's an old list if it's any good that'll give you an idea of the type of places they use.  Thais using State Quarantine don't get to choose however - their accommodation is decided by the authorities.

http://hsscovid.com/files/01State-Quarnatine-100663_2.pdf

There'll probably be Facebook groups of Thais who have been through the process where you might get more information.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:11 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Id def be curious to see what those look like inside for a 14 days stay

Image result for thai  bedroom poverty

That's what they call a boutique hotel.  Here's one especially designed to make a Brit feel at home. The Colditz Resort Boutique . Great place to do your quarantine porridge.

prison hotel.jpg

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Denim said:

That's what they call a boutique hotel.  Here's one especially designed to make a Brit feel at home. The Colditz Resort Boutique . Great place to do your quarantine porridge.

prison hotel.jpg

Ive seen a few of these-esp in B2 hotel chains and stayed in one in BKK for a night----talk about a cement box! aka prison

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Had four days in my "VIP" room........blood all over the walls from mosquitos (I hope?).....no air, just a fan. The wash basin next door was hanging off the wall and swarming with ants.

Had seven litres of IV water, one litre of IV antibiotics plus salt solutions every four hours...........got the bill, thinking thank god I had insurance.........the whole lot came to £60 and my excess was £50!!!!

maybe they can make these ASQ for the loso folks like me as the current ASQ are too Hiso for my wallet--I live in LOS cos its cheap!!!  my rent is 3500 a month in CNX

• Haha 1
On 5/5/2021 at 2:39 PM, treetops said:

I think your question has been missed in the above posts, but here's an old list if it's any good that'll give you an idea of the type of places they use.  Thais using State Quarantine don't get to choose however - their accommodation is decided by the authorities.

http://hsscovid.com/files/01State-Quarnatine-100663_2.pdf

There'll probably be Facebook groups of Thais who have been through the process where you might get more information.

Thanks for this. Are the cheap quarantine hotels available for foreigners? I can only see ones around 40k THB for 14 days on the official link I was given. 

14 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks for this. Are the cheap quarantine hotels available for foreigners? I can only see ones around 40k THB for 14 days on the official link I was given. 

There are a few cheaper than that, but there's probably good reasons why they're cheaper!  A dozen or so under 30,000 baht listed on this site:

https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thailand-hotels?sortSelectedItem=Lowest Price

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

There are a few cheaper than that, but there's probably good reasons why they're cheaper!  A dozen or so under 30,000 baht listed on this site:

https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thailand-hotels?sortSelectedItem=Lowest Price

Thanks - the cheaper ones don't look too bad, they are just lacking space... which I imagine is important when cooped up in quarantine!