Sputnik falling out of orbit

I'm not claiming to have a clue what the basis of Brazil's actions are.

But I'd be gobsmacked if the world gets through the pandemic without someone mixing up a batch of something and putting a fake label on it to make a nefarious profit.  Whether that's Sputnik, AZ, Pfizer, or whatever.

Seems like the vaccines would be a pretty good use of blockchain technology (and QR codes) to track all the genuine batches.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, if there is a bad batch of Sputnik, you might get a cold. 

But not Covid-19. 

True, but it makes me wonder about the care taken in the whole process of development.

Also, is a boost for the mRNA vaccines since they do not use a virus for delivery.

Edited by cdemundo
second thought
  • Like 1

The final result of anti-Sputnik and anti-Sinovac posts could be ...
Thais will not buy it and there will be no vaccine for foreigners, just because all the existing packages will be quickly consumed by thais.
Is it what you really want? Think twice.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Russia exports Sputnik but hardly uses it at home.

Why might that be?

Does it remind us of Sinovac?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/apr/30/is-russias-covid-vaccine-anything-more-than-a-political-weapon-sputnik-v

This is how the real freedom of press looks like. Hundreds of really independent media resources reposted anti-Sputnik info from Reuters, The guardian etc. The funniest thing to mention is that the stuff of these independent media resources was the first in the Sputnik V vaccination queues. Inglorious bastards.

5 hours ago, friendofthai said:

This is how the real freedom of press looks like. Hundreds of really independent media resources reposted anti-Sputnik info from Reuters, The guardian etc. The funniest thing to mention is that the stuff of these independent media resources was the first in the Sputnik V vaccination queues. Inglorious bastards.

Did this answer the question, why doesn't Russia vaccinate her one people? 

• Like 1

If you think Sputnik is the only one facing production problems, think again. The FDA has issued a scathing report on the practices of Johnson & Johnson at the Emergent Biosolution plant in Baltimore where its COVID vaccine is produced . You can read more here (and plenty of other articles available on the subject if you do a quick search):

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/peeling-paint-debris-among-problems-found-at-u-s-plant-making-j-j-covid-19-vaccine-1.5396334

• Like 1

IMO it seems to be undeniable that now a specific political contaminant in the overall pandemic situation has been effectively removed and replaced by a leadership which has in most basic terms demonstrated a more accepted and appreciated style of  global interaction that the "media " has now been forced to find ways to ramp up focus on different aspects of populist negatives.

Not to be ignored is that the major global prominent media proliferators based or administrated from a unionist location now sense the need to, not only defect attention from the stench of recent realities, but to redirect a greater focus on the genuine core issues of the "pandemic' .

Yet it seems that regardless of general awareness of social impact there is more  than just a residue of enchantment with political distractions than in favour of the adoption of personal responsibility.

In the years ahead ( perhaps)no doubt well paid scholars will discuss and digest theoreticals about the  inhumanitarian global response to this pandemic .

I add my own  interjection of "perhaps" because given the  incremental  poisoning of the global environment there exists a possibility/probability that another  "novel" virus will arise or that this one or "MERS" will mutate  to a variation that defies intervention.

(Sardonic reminder...Deadly MERS is  still in existence  but  just waiting  for a chance? Not that anyone wants  to claim camel humpers  brought it into  humanity !(Not really..maybe)  Helll no ! Them  guys  put  fuel in our cars etc ! Ah!  Okkkkk! ( and they buy guns, ammunition, drones bombs, missiles, warplanes, children with the profit ....yeah....understood ! )

Soooo? Sputnik V ?

21 hours ago, cdemundo said:

from the document referenced:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/peteraldhous/sputnik-covid-vaccine-safety-worries

"The documents also indicated that the inactivated cold viruses the vaccine relies on to deliver an immune response against the coronavirus, which are supposed to be unable to reproduce, were in fact able to do so."

Yikes!!!!

I think for most people it would be ok, but as below:

"unlikely to cause serious illness unless the recipients are badly immunocompromised, like some patients with HIV or organ transplants. But failure to completely inactivate the viruses would be a red flag against the manufacturing of the Sputnik V vaccine."

• Like 1

21 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm not claiming to have a clue what the basis of Brazil's actions are.

But I'd be gobsmacked if the world gets through the pandemic without someone mixing up a batch of something and putting a fake label on it to make a nefarious profit.  Whether that's Sputnik, AZ, Pfizer, or whatever.

Seems like the vaccines would be a pretty good use of blockchain technology (and QR codes) to track all the genuine batches.

Control of supply chain is another good reason why  western pharma companies refuse to make individual sales to Thai hospitals.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Control of supply chain is another good reason why  western pharma companies refuse to make individual sales to Thai hospitals.

I'm a little more cynical... 

I think the western Pharma's have seen the huge fines for bribery paid recently by Airbus and Rolls Royce and Toyota and don't want to get caught out paying bribes.  But that's the only way to get approved.

Meanwhile, some other vaccines come from countries that don't discourage bribery.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 11:57 PM, friendofthai said:

The final result of anti-Sputnik and anti-Sinovac posts could be ...
Thais will not buy it and there will be no vaccine for foreigners, just because all the existing packages will be quickly consumed by thais.
Is it what you really want? Think twice.

I think, following your line of reasoning, that you propose  Thai 1 and buy sputnik vaccine from a government that has no transparency, they can’t even manage to dope up it’s Olympic athletes without getting caught, and we should all get this sputnik vaccine which is highly suspect in terms of efficacy, and not get protected, so there.  will be enough other vaccines for Westerners.       The last I read, majority of Russians were refusing to take sputnik voluntarily.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, edwarda909 said:

will be enough other vaccines for Westerners.

Now they get about 1 million doses per month. This is 12 million doses/year. And don't forget that foreigners are standing in the tail of the queue. If you have calculator - you will see that 66 million / 12 million = 5.5 years. Yes - it is about 2026 or 2025 if they will vaccinate people with the same speed.
And of course they will promise something to you every month. It resembles the 2020`s promises of officials to defeat COVID that we read every months. Just a way to calm people down - nothing more