2nd field hospital for Klong Toey COVID-19 patients is in the works

webfact

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMh1JUDnaWbHgB5oXax2TdvsCEkk1-2.jpg

A second field hospital, to accommodate COVID-19 patients from Bangkok’s Klong Toey slum area, is being planned, with an old building next to the Port Authority head office as the first choice of location. After conversion, the former warehouse would be able to accommodate 200 patients.

Being an old structure, however, the warehouse may not be suitable, due to the level of dust and poor ventilation, so Saphan Temple, in Phra Khanong district, adjacent to Klong Toey, which can accommodate an additional 200 patients, is the backup location.

The first 200 bed community isolation facility in Klong Toey district was opened there last Friday, to separate those infected with COVID-19 from others in their crowded community, before being transferred to hospital.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/2nd-field-hospital-for-khlong-toey-covid-19-patients-is-in-the-works/

Logo-top-.png

That place is where Port futsal club play and also the Thailand national team often train.

I spend about 2 hours in there 3 or 4 times a month and must lose several pounds each time because it is so hot inside.

If you were to spend two weeks in there as a Covid patient with no symptoms there is every chance you would be as sick as a pig by the time you left. 

3 minutes ago, berybert said:

That place is where Port futsal club play and also the Thailand national team often train.

I spend about 2 hours in there 3 or 4 times a month and must lose several pounds each time because it is so hot inside.

If you were to spend two weeks in there as a Covid patient with no symptoms there is every chance you would be as sick as a pig by the time you left. 

What about toilet and showers? minimal I suppose

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

What about toilet and showers? minimal I suppose

You have to go outside and into separate buildings for toilets and showers. 

They would have to bring in portable units I'd imagine. 

3 hours ago, harada said:

Looks like a nice hygienic environment. ????

Yeah really inviting, I wonder how many are sticking around to be found positive and get a two week stay in something that resembles a milking shed.