Thai Visa Forum

COVID-19 situation in Thailand is nearing critical point – Dr. Prasit Wattanapha

Prasit-Wattanapha.jpg

The COVID-19 situation in Thailand is approaching a critical level, with daily new infection and fatality rates on the rise, said Dr. Prasit Wattanapha, dean of the Faculty of Medicine at Mahidol University, as he urged cooperation from everyone by keeping their guard up and wearing face masks all the time, even at home.

In a three-minute video clip, released before the CCSA press conference today (Monday), Dr. Prasit said that the COVID-19 situation today is totally different from that a year ago, when the government eased the restrictions imposed during the initial outbreak.

Today, he said, infections are on the rise and the fatality rate, which was 0.12% of all infections, has increased to 0.36%.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-situation-in-thailand-is-nearing-critical-point-dr-prasit-wattanapha/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the fatality rate from crossing the street in front of Mahidol University likely higher than this, I'm surprised the good doctor gets out of bed in the morning to come to work. If this figure is

After                every                    word                   I                   type                I               wash                   my                   hands.             

After your post I had to wash my eyeballs and take an aspirin as it gave me an instant headache....

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Keesters said:

I live alone. Am I gonna catch it from myself? Or will the cat give it to me? 

You might give it to your cat 🐈

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, webfact said:

The COVID-19 situation in Thailand is approaching a critical level, with daily new infection and fatality rates on the rise, said Dr. Prasit Wattanapha, dean of the Faculty of Medicine at Mahidol University, as he urged cooperation from everyone by keeping their guard up and wearing face masks all the time, even at home.

The Thai people are probably urging cooperation from the "leadership" [pains me to use that terminology] by getting vaccines with higher efficacy in the arms of those that want/need them and getting the country open, NOT closing and doing nothing while watching the economy deteriorate and people struggling.  HELP them, don't make it worse for them.   

(from the link above)

'Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who chaired the CCSA meeting, ordered vaccinations in Khlong Toey to be sped up.'

Every time a vaccination is ordered to be 'sped up', this has to be at the expense of others who are in the long queue for it.

This has been quoted a few times now in different situations.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I remember a television series called Twin Peaks, maybe this is the real life version.... 

Great series that was! 
Used to freak the F out of me though as i child. lol