COVID-19 situation in Thailand is nearing critical point – Dr. Prasit Wattanapha

webfact

What a bunch of clowns! How you can wear mask for long time of period!? It sounds like you need to wear a mask while you’re sleeping too, so basically they're asking us to breathe in our own bacteria in the mask. No wonder the number of new variations of viruses are raising, because it is mutating from the bacteria that we are breathing.

Another reason is that they really can’t stand their own bad breath too.

This silent virus can be anywhere; if it is in the air, it can get in through the water and food we take in so wearing mask for 24 hours is insane. I think he needs to show people that he is wearing his mask 24 hours at home then people will do it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rct99q said:

The drivers around my area are crazy. Weaving in and out of traffic, running red lights, cutting across lanes of traffic. 

I like the service but i am concerned about the road safety aspect of it.

You mean they are acting like normal Thais. I don't think these guys are any worse then normal drivers. I seen them in my area Thong lor and my previous area. Nothaburi no problems at all. Maybe its different where you are from but here they certainly don't stick out. 

Did you guys perhaps live somewhere secluded ?I can't imagine anyone in BKK thinking its a problem. Sure there are a food delivery bikes but there are motorcycle taxis and all other kinds of traffic. Did not become busier.

Maybe it stands more out in those previously desolated areas.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

After your post I had to wash my eyeballs and take an aspirin as it gave me an instant headache....

I've been using hand sanitizer so much that my skin is peeling off on my right palm. No lie

59 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

Wear your face mask at all times......even while eating your dinner! Can't be too careful ????

Where can you find those masks with a whole around the mouth part so that you wear it and eat at the same time? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Yes, Thailand is past the peak. What is happening now is that local clusters are being identified and eliminated.

I wonder if your crystal ball, or maybe Magic-8 ball, needs to be re-calibrated?  With such a wide range of potential outcomes at this point, it should be saying "Reply hazy. Ask again later."  With lots of uncertainty regarding key variables, there is simply no way to know for sure if Thailand is past the peak.

1 hour ago, Dialemco said:

Thailand can get on top of Covid provided immediate lock down to restrict spread and other safety measures social distancing wearing masks etc every effort should be made to expedite vaccine roll out for entire country. Forget about Tourism International or Domestic until at least 70% vaccinated unfortunately this means not before 2022 earliest 

Why are they only going to vaccinate 20,000 at Khlong Toei, dont the other 80,000 spread covid.

Considering the manufacture of the Astra vaccine has not even begun in LOS yet, they must be using another brand.

Just latest news on Al Jazeera ,people in Yemen refusing to be vaccinated, some for religious reasons, but they did not say if it was because of the brand which happened to be Astra.

No Matter what ,people will have to overcome their fears of vaccines and I wonder if Thai people will line up for the jab.

So far Sputnik leads the safety record for infections after vaccination according to the the lancet reports.

The world has more problems with supply, which politicians are turning into a war between Russia, China and the European manufacturers with rumor's being spread around that the Russian vaccine is not safe. The motivation is obvious-- MONEY.

The WHO has said the world should unite over the supply of vaccines if we are to get this under control, so far it is a bit sickening to watch the politicians screwing up supply and spread.

I hope the situation in Thailand does not turn into another India, I am waiting to return to Thailand with my family, now we have the mother in law staying in our house to scarred to go back to work in the markets, I would be to as markets would be a spreader.

China has tackled the spread there with Draconian methods, but they worked.

This means that the rest of the world is not capable of doing what China has done even though it was Draconian.

I think this is like the third world war only this time the enemy is a virus killing at a vicious pace and certain people making more money than they ever did before the pandemic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

I live alone. Am I gonna catch it from myself? Or will the cat give it to me? 

A small number of pets worldwide, including cats and dogs, have been reported to be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, mostly after close contact with people with COVID-19.

Infected pets might get sick or they might not have any symptoms. 

Be careful what you wish for. ????

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/pets.html#:~:text=in some situations.-,A small number of pets worldwide%2C including cats and dogs,might not have any symptoms.

Edited by thequietman

41 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I think wearing masks in the home is a bit over the top

They should be concentrating on getting everyone vaccinated 

All we seem to be reading is priority given to the Tourist areas of Thailand

They seem to get  first priority over anywhere else  money talks 

Many people including village locals are wearing masks in the home -kids too.

Yes. It is so critical that they now felt they had to close also the sea for individual swimmers, while beach promenade walkers continue to be fine. Not to mention the ongoing tennis players in the condo, while its swimming pool had to be closed. Looks more like there's someone in the pecking order who hates swimming. 

14 minutes ago, Misty said:

I wonder if your crystal ball, or maybe Magic-8 ball, needs to be re-calibrated?  With such a wide range of potential outcomes at this point, it should be saying "Reply hazy. Ask again later."  With lots of uncertainty regarding key variables, there is simply no way to know for sure if Thailand is past the peak.

I don't claim to have any special information except that testing results show a positively rate around 5% except in the areas with clusters of infection. 

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe it stands more out in those previously desolated areas.

Exactly...............however they are very mobile visiting a lot of restaurants & many different homes in a short space of time so hopefully they operate in a way minimising the risk of transmission.

40 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not sure what your problem is the food delivery is great. Never had a problem with them. Yes they take up roomon the road but that is about it. Quite happy with their services. I wonder why all the old farts are moaning about it.

It helps against covid too no longer having to wait in line yourself.

It is very sad that you can't see what's wrong. There has been a few accidents in my area already plus these young people that are doing the delivery are not given any fuel money and making money only on tips which are not forth coming from Thais. You might embrace slave  labor but I sure as hell don't. 

Just now, vandeventer said:

It is very sad that you can't see what's wrong. There has been a few accidents in my area already plus these young people that are doing the delivery are not given any fuel money and making money only on tips which are not forth coming from Thais. You might embrace slave  labor but I sure as hell don't. 

Its really sad being so old that you have to complain about everything. This is not about slave labor at all i tip my drivers (quite easy with the app) seems your just an other old guy who can't handle other drivers on the road. I feel that many old guys just can't keepo up with new developments and more people on the road so they moan. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Exactly...............however they are very mobile visiting a lot of restaurants & many different homes in a short space of time so hopefully they operate in a way minimising the risk of transmission.

Unlike many here i use them a lot. The risk of transmission is extremely low. They use hand sanitizer and hand you your bags keeping their mask up. If you then use some hand sanitizer too its done. Been ordering food like this multiple time a day without any problems.

I would say almost all people who i know use them in BKK. Especially now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Contactless delivery. Well with cash it's still a way to transmit the virus.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Contactless delivery. Well with cash it's still a way to transmit the virus.  

Not sure why one would have to use cash. Just add your Thai bank card and you can even tip the drivers in the app. At least grab you can. I use lineman less I prefer grab.

One of the safest ways to get food. Don't have to wait yourself, minimal contact. Wide selection just perfect.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, johnarth said:

the general said something on tv this morning maybe he has ordered the virus to stop, wonder how soon before everyone wants to go home now he in full charge

King Canute said....

49 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I've been using hand sanitizer so much that my skin is peeling off on my right palm. No lie

Where can you find those masks with a whole around the mouth part so that you wear it and eat at the same time? 

I am reliably informed by a reputable dermatologist that her workload has increased enormously - skin irritations and allergies caused by hand cleaners, mask elastics, etc.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not sure why one would have to use cash. Just add your Thai bank card and you can even tip the drivers in the app. At least grab you can. I use lineman less I prefer grab.

One of the safest ways to get food. Don't have to wait yourself, minimal contact. Wide selection just perfect.

Oh I do use the apps, pay it through the app, add a tip with the app but I am talking about those who pay in cash as I see in the front of my condo with the riders.

6 minutes ago, Grusa said:

I am reliably informed by a reputable dermatologist that her workload has increased enormously - skin irritations and allergies caused by hand cleaners, mask elastics, etc.

I can confirm that as well. My dermatologist here at BNH tells me the same.  I see her once every 6 weeks.  She said that covid precautions are keeping her busy as all of the ladies and some men are having acne issues now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh I do use the apps, pay it through the app, add a tip with the app but I am talking about those who pay in cash as I see in the front of my condo with the riders.

I live in a house, we almost always pay with the app. I think covid wise the GRAB and Line riders are a blessing. I have not noticed the roads to be any more busy then they used to be. I think Grab and Line might have an impact in places that had no traffic before. But places like BKK and Nothaburi have always been full of cars and bikes. Can't say i notice the increase that much.

We should be happy with the drivers for providing such a useful service instead of moaning about them. As for slave labor, i tip always tip often ahead of time. So they know what they get. Its all so easy no cash needed. Ideal.

Though the huge selection in BKK did get me a bit fatter and now losing it again. Best thing to do against covid is to make sure your healthy yourself too and of course limit contact. But i think trying to have a good base health and not being overweight will help if you get it. 

People pointed out that the drivers for grab come from Klong Toey and they are probably right but even with the virus soaring and me having multiple deliveries a day I never caught it because of the efficiency how it works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Are we still past the peak? or is there a Bactrian in the road Mr Czar????

Yes.

Testing indicates that the virus, outside some clusters, is not spreading widely. The positivity rate, where there is sampling information, is around 5%, indicating that the number of infections is more or less stable, at a much lower level than the peak.

34 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its really sad being so old that you have to complain about everything. This is not about slave labor at all i tip my drivers (quite easy with the app) seems your just an other old guy who can't handle other drivers on the road. I feel that many old guys just can't keepo up with new developments and more people on the road so they moan. 

Yes I must be older then you [ as you seem very young] and much wiser in my old age as I have 2 Honda CBR motorcycles which I ride often. And it's nice that you tip when the rest may not. All I am saying just weigh up everything before you make stupid comments.

Edited by vandeventer

5 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Yes I must be older then you [ as you seem very young] and much wiser in my old age as I have 2 Honda CBR motorcycles which I ride often. And it's nice that you tip when the rest may not. All I am saying just weigh up everything before you make stupid comments.

Oh wow I had a nija 650 and now a scooter 155cc does that make me an expert ? If you ride bikes you should know that if you cannot handle the traffic you should not be on the road. I have no clue where you live but i doubt its in a really urban area as these guys have been here pre covid too.  Not sure how these guys are different from other Thai motorcyclists. 

Its not nice that i tip i feel its normal to tip a bit for these guys they don't make much but provide good service. Just like lala move. I like to keep up with changing way of life instead of clinging to old obsolete ways. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Not sure what your problem is the food delivery is great. Never had a problem with them. Yes they take up roomon the road but that is about it. Quite happy with their services. I wonder why all the old farts are moaning about it.

It helps against covid too no longer having to wait in line yourself.

They take up room on the sidewalk not just the road. A couple of times on my early evening walk last night I shared the sidewalk with two of them at a time, probably saw ten in an hour. Being over 80 if I get knocked down I may not be able to walk for a month. That's why I'm moaning. If you're lucky you may be an old fart yourself some day. I see them and think "In America this couldn't...", then let my Buddhism kick in.

• Like 1