Bangkok to open its first ICU equipped field hospital on Tuesday

webfact

field-icu.jpg

Photo from Facebook page ผู้ว่าฯ อัศวิน

Thailand’s first field hospital equipped with intensive care unit facilities will be officially opened Tuesday, to receive COVID patients with severe symptoms.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said in his Facebook post today that the hospital, operated by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), is located at the Chalerm Phrakiat stadium in Thung Khru and has a 432 patient capacity.

Medical personnel from Charoenkrung Pracharak Hospital will be posted at the field hospital around the clock, he added.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-to-open-its-first-icu-equipped-field-hospital-on-tuesday/

Logo-top-.png

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s first field hospital equipped with intensive care unit facilities will be officially opened Tuesday, to receive COVID patients with severe symptoms.

A pink fan, outdated ventilator, and cardboard box does not make an ICU bed. 

This is about as desperate as you can get if they think seriously sick patients can be treated here. The death rates will spiral!

Has the Czar put his stamp of approval on this?

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is about as desperate as you can get if they think seriously sick patients can be treated here. The death rates will spiral!

It doesn't say it's ICU, it says, "hospital equipped with intensive care unit facilities".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Brierley said:

It doesn't say it's ICU, it says, "hospital equipped with intensive care unit facilities".

ICU:     "Hospital equipped with "intensive care unit" facilities."

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

ICU:     "Hospital equipped with "intensive care unit" facilities."

Not to be pedantic, but....an ICU facility includes items such as a respirator, the inclusion of which doesn't mean the facility automatically becomes an ICU as a result.

Just now, Brierley said:

Not to be pedantic, but....an ICU facility includes items such as a respirator, the inclusion of which doesn't mean the facility automatically becomes an ICU as a result.

Thats exactly what you're being, I'm quoting the article directly and if you look at the photo there is an outdated respirator right there.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Thats exactly what you're being, I'm quoting the article directly and if you look at the photo there is an outdated respirator right there.

You wrote, "A pink fan, outdated ventilator, and cardboard box does not make an ICU bed". 

It isn't an ICU bed, it's a bed in a section that contains some ICU facilities or equipment, there is a big difference.

• Haha 1

Just now, Brierley said:

You wrote, "A pink fan, outdated ventilator, and cardboard box does not make an ICU bed". 

It isn't an ICU bed, it's a bed in a section that contains some ICU facilities or equipment, there is a big difference.

I wish they had written that in the article would have made it so much simpler to justify your explanation, unfortunately they didn't so your interpretation and mine remain at odds, so be it.

Love the pink fan though!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Do they not also need an oxygen and power supply by each bed?

The power supply is under the red sticky tape on the floor, they make it red for health and safety reasons....LOL. Oxygen can be wheeled in I guess.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Perfectly fit for peasants. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I think many people in India would be happy with that equipment level right now...????

So far Thailand is still doing well compared to most other countries, their hospitalization demand seems to be caused by that all testing positive are being hospitalized. Deaths per million is 4, and total cases per million 1,041. Just for comparison, the World average is 414 deaths per million and 19,782 cases per million.

7 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I think many people in India would be happy with that equipment level right now...????

So far Thailand is still doing well compared to most other countries, their hospitalization demand seems to be caused by that all testing positive are being hospitalized. Deaths per million is 4, and total cases per million 1,041. Just for comparison, the World average is 414 deaths per million and 19,782 cases per million.

People in India would be very happy with that agreed, but we're not in India where the virus is ravaging the country, we're in Thailand

We're also not in the rest of the world where the virus hit harder and so makes the stats higher, we are suffering right here in Thailand through government inaction to stop this spread in the beginning.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Perfect! The pink fans will spread the virus very effectively and the beds are to close together!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Provisioned with top-of-the-line ventilators no doubt.
external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpeg.c23b5334b522885d53abc19304b2abca.jpeg

How reassuring to know that asymptomatic cases will be tossed in with really, really, really sick people in need of ICUs.  Then persons who were previously doing OK suddenly need the ICUs and the entire system melts down.
The forced incarceration in "field hospital" / Covid Concentration Camp model is moving closer and closer to their Death Camp predecessors of 1940s Europe.  My bet is there are crematoriums nearby to boot. 
Hummm, who did Thailand appease 80 years ago?  ????
But?  Nobody studies history anymore.  Ignorant commoners are pliable commoners.

Edited by connda

I have seen many Thais sleep on a thin bamboo matt on a hard floor, so those cardboard beds may

actually be comfortable to them.  I also know that most expats have not often slept on a bamboo matt,

but in comfy beds, so they just do not know the difference.  Have many of you posters gone and visited

some Thai families who are not on the rich side of the fence? My up country relatives have pretty basic

houses, and I had the pleasure of spending a couple of nights at their places. I was very happy to return to

my guest house with its comfy queen sized bed.

Geezer

• Like 1