Non-Immigrant " B " visa requirements

Does anyone have any recent experience receiving a Non-Imm B visa for travel from the States? 

Going off the checklist from the LA Thai consulate I think I meet all the requirements. 

The last 6 months of bank statements are no problem with required funds and I have my Condo Chanote, but how do you prove its value is at least 3 million THB?

I could in theory get a letter of invitation from a business but would like to submit this sooner rather than later. Thanks for any info!

A work permit is also on this list on the embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/09/12/typebspecial/

You purchase contract for the condo would prove what you paid for the condo.

Why do you want the non-b visa that only allows a one 90 day entry. After arriving you would not be able to extend your stay unless you start working. A extension of stay based upon investment requires a total investment of 10 million baht. (condo, bank or government bonds)

Ubonjoe, appreciate the reply! 

I am going off this info at the LA Thai consulate where I would be applying:

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa-and-certificate-of-entry-procedures-for-non-thai-nationals-wishing-to-enter-thailand-for-conducting-business-meeting-or-investing-saving-in-thailand-with-no-less-than-100000-or-3-million-baht/?fbclid=IwAR2_YTj8I8_XMAxOFPY9gt2HAFjQtjjp5bV09StLlUismW5mAXtGJcFCieA

Reading that it says the 90 day can be extended. I was going to apply for the STV but it appears it has its own issues. I am unsure if I just enter on a 60 day TR that I would be able to extend it a few times. I do not qualify for a retirement visa, not looking to stay in Thailand long enough for an ED visa...funds are not an issue just want 6 to 9 months there to wrap up my affairs and move on. 

6 minutes ago, pissedoff2am said:

Reading that it says the 90 day can be extended. I was going to apply for the STV but it appears it has its own issues. I am unsure if I just enter on a 60 day TR that I would be able to extend it a few times. I do not qualify for a retirement visa, not looking to stay in Thailand long enough for an ED visa...funds are not an issue just want 6 to 9 months there to wrap up my affairs and move on. 

Not sure where the information they posted came from about it being extended. The 3 million baht investment extension has not been available since 2006.

You could enter on a tourist visa and extend the 60 days for 30 days at immigration. At this time there are 60 day covid 19 extension available.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 3 million baht investment extension has not been available since 2006.

You could enter on a tourist visa and extend the 60 days for 30 days at immigration. At this time there are 60 day covid 19 extension available.

Good to know, thanks. Just to clarify, a normal 30 day extension for 1900 baht is now 60 days or is it something you need to specifically ask for/wait until the first 30 day extension is complete? From what I read it seems like immigration has been letting people extend due to covid but not sure how much longer this is going to go on. Would think they would want people there spending money but....tit.

34 minutes ago, pissedoff2am said:

Just to clarify, a normal 30 day extension for 1900 baht is now 60 days or is it something you need to specifically ask for/wait until the first 30 day extension is complete?

The 30 day and 60 day extensions are not the same. Most offices will require you to apply for the 30 day extension first and then the 60 day covid 19 extension later.

The current order for the 60 day extensions ends on the 29th of this month but I am certain they will extend the order again.

• Like 1