Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

exxp.jpg

Expats over 60 and with underlying health conditions are being advised to contact their hospitals or medical facilities to register for the second phase of the Thai government’s vaccination programme which will see free vaccines rolled out in June and July primarily driven by the AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured in Thailand. It comes as Dr Yong Poovorawan (centre) is warning the government that the South African variant of the virus, B1351, is circulating in Malaysia and that it must not be allowed to cross into Thailand across its southern border as it is problematic for vaccines especially the AstraZeneca jab.

by Carla Boonkong & Pranee O' Connor

Despite the assurance of unity this week from government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri, there is tension at a political level both within parliament and even among the coalition partners in the government over the third virus wave which, on Sunday, saw a record number of deaths in Thailand. It comes as the kingdom mobilises its vaccination effort which must wait until June or July for enough doses to commence the second phase and which will only see normal adults vaccinated from August.

Foreign residents and expats who are over 60 or have an underlying disease can register now for the second wave of the Thai government’s vaccination process with inoculations scheduled to be carried out in June and July. The vaccine will be free. It comes as the third virus wave crisis shows no sign yet of slowing down and with a warning from top virologist Dr Yong Poovorawan that everything must be done to secure the country’s southern border with Malaysia where 31% of infections are linked to the South African variant of the disease which threatens to stymie the kingdom’s vaccination effort even before it gets into full gear with only 2% of the population vaccinated to date.

Foreign residents in Thailand are currently entitled to register for the second phase of the kingdom’s vaccination programme after the government this week confirmed that access to vaccines will be free for all residents of the country.

Full story: https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/05/02/expats-over-60-free-vaccination-from-june/

Tex.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Examiner 2021-05-04

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, stephehr said:

I tried several times yesterday and early this morning to register, but failed. I have a Thai pink id and yes i put the number that is there on the front and the one on the back of the id.  All the fields were filled, but no luck.

Where is the form to fill with Thai pink ID ? There is a link ? 

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

This is good to know because, being an avid reader of T-V, I was convinced Thai officialdom had it in for expats/foreigners, and would use the pandemic to deny them vaccines and thus rid Thailand of these dirty unwanted vermin. Or if offered a vaccine, the "foreigner" price would be a baht of gold, while the Thai price was free.

..they can't boot us out..cause we ain't been vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Where is the form to fill with Thai pink ID ? There is a link ? 

You need the laser scanned number that is on Thai ID card..beginning with prefix "JT"...guess what..pink id cards dont have them!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, clonetom said:

I can confirm visiting 3 hospitals in Chiang Mai area that currently they have 2 conditions for registration:

1. >60 years of age and/or underlying conditions (diabetes, stroke, etc. )

2. and one district hospital telling me politely in Thai: Thai people first (kon thai goon)

Which hospitals, please?

I visited San Sai, Nakorn Ping and Lanna and also the Rimnua health office. It looks like the problem is the district hospital, Maharaj, is saying no and the other hospitals are following their lead?.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, perconrad said:

When I on sunday in the Mor Prom in Line App registered and booked a vaccination appointment on 8. th june 10 o'clock it was enough with a prefix beginning with B as the pink ID card has.

i did exact same but would not accept..i then read the above info from a TV member, who suggested their Thai partner add him as 'a family member' using the Thai ID laser scanned number, which he said worked for him. I will try again. Thnks for comment.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, clonetom said:

I can confirm visiting 3 hospitals in Chiang Mai area that currently they have 2 conditions for registration:

1. >60 years of age and/or underlying conditions (diabetes, stroke, etc. )

2. and one district hospital telling me politely in Thai: Thai people first (kon thai goon)

can you advise which hospitals in Chiang Mai will accept foreigners over 60?  The ones you spoke to?