Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

On 5/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, Jingthing said:

So many people are going to go through all that in the middle of red zone areas in a pandemic. I think not!

The idea is to get vaccinated not take risks of getting infected to get a magic number.

But thanks for that really. I do have a blue book and you've explained well that isn't enough.

I have another important question which I asked before but nobody answered.

Suppose you did get a new number or even an existing number. 

But suppose you've never registered with that number at a Thai hospital.

Would online registration even work if the system didn't have a record of your number in their database already? 

I recall reading that it wouldn't. Perhaps someone can clarify.

Yes, online registration on Mor Prom works for foreigners or Thais as long as you have a 13 digit ID (pink ID). My friend from England, <60, registered on Mor Prom with his pink ID and has a June 7 vaccination date. Two caveats:

1) Mor Prom is only available in Thai language, so you may need help

2) The Mor Prom government App does not give you choice of vaccine. I surmise it will be Sinovac.  

On 5/4/2021 at 1:48 PM, Jingthing said:

Online you need the ID number.

In person with passport reports are the vast majority of people are being rejected and told Thai only now.

Who do you register with? The hospital?

Well yesterday i tried to register at Chonburi heart hospital ,cant until next month ,today popped into Bangkok Pattaya hospital ,didnt not have a clue when you can register ,what vax or how much.

amazing Thailand

ps i have a pink card ,yellow book and the wife has tried to register me a dozen times ,cant .

3 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Well yesterday i tried to register at Chonburi heart hospital ,cant until next month ,today popped into Bangkok Pattaya hospital ,didnt not have a clue when you can register ,what vax or how much.

amazing Thailand

ps i have a pink card ,yellow book and the wife has tried to register me a dozen times ,cant .

Bangkok Hospital is a private hospital, they are not involved in the enrollment or the vaccinations, yet. Go ask at a government hospital, we're getting pretty good cooperation from them in the North now.

Just now, Brierley said:

Bangkok Hospital is a private hospital, they are not involved in the enrollment or the vaccinations, yet. Go ask at a government hospital, we're getting pretty good cooperation from them in the North now.

And yet Bumrungrad is canvassing for applications?

7 hours ago, Brierley said:

They're just making waiting lists of potential future customers, that's all. Many of the private hospitals are doing that but none of them have got vaccine, neither will they get any until the government says so.

Exactly right. In fact it is explicitly illegal for them to book vaccine appointments for doses they don't have (and may never get). 

• Like 1