Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Or maybe your hospitals didn't get the memo yet because it was just announced?

I don't have a pink card, I don't have a yellow book, I don't have any previous medical record...

I'm over 60 but with no medical problems, not on any medication.
I went in person yesterday to the local government hospital...

They said they can't register me using only name & passport number?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

I wonder when they will publish  the exact process for this registration for those foreigners over 60 , especially those elderly who are possibly here on a retirement visa/extension, living on their own, with no pink Thai id card and in the main unable to read Thai ?  Perhaps if they provide the relevant embassies with that information then the embassies could play a part in informing their nationals of what to do and how to do it.

The article states "Foreign residents in Thailand".
As I understand it, getting the  yellow house book gives you a Thai ID no and with this you can register.

It qualifies you for the pink card and proves you are "resident". 
Unless you are a PR, i dont think there is any other way to claim you are resident.

There may now be a new covid wave of foreigners all trying to get the yellow house book.

Do you think they are prepared for it?

1 hour ago, rotorbreeze said:

I stand on your foot it hurts, it hurts so the medical system gives you pain killers... the pain killers in body react to this invasion of histamines and build resistance...now a stronger pain killer used and body reacts... this cycle continues and other medical issues appear, kidney, bladder, no sleep, your immunity is compromised.

Has it occurred to you that if this virus stands on the feet of those with compromises immune systems, i.e. at least 50% of those over 60 it can kill them, so your theory is out the door in my opinion.

Not only do the vaccines protect the individual, the vaccines also provide protection to those who don't have it when it reaches herd immunity.

The majority of people have weak immune systems because of lack of education as to what food to eat, fast foods and marketing of those foods have made that happen through the lack of government regulations putting the tax $'s first over health.

Will this be a repeat thing when and if the pandemic is over or will governments wake up and realise that they have let their people down by allowing these foods to poison the people's systems like cigarettes and alcohol, but then people will argue that they need choices, choices to kill themselves and put pressure onto the heath systems along the way because of their choices, everything should be in moderation, a balance if you like.  

In my opinion, governments have let their people down by allowing it to go on far too long, maybe some more education is required, but you try and take the dummy away from a baby once you have put it into it's mouth and see what happens, it's all about the revenue over people's health, and let's not forget the brown envelopes. GMO's are the future with more immune systems being compromised, so if you feel your immune system is strong enough, don't take the jab, however I would advise against not taking it, but it's not as simple as you say it is, not meaning to appear as if I am standing on your feet, but I am, take the jab for not only your life but for others, don't forget about long Covid, the effects, your life, your "choice".

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PFMills said:

I quite often pay a fee of 50Baht when I see a doctor at a government hospital.

You are very lucky, the Hospital on KOH CHANG with its captive monopoly of falangs charge 300 baht, however if you can travel to Trat on the mainland its a respectable 100 baht.

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Or if offered a vaccine, the "foreigner" price would be a baht of gold, while the Thai price was free.

One would say that one needs to have a mind reset.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clonetom said:

The first hospital I visited was Mae On Hospital (closest to home), where they were very friendly, but also very clear about the >60 rule and the Thai first clause. The staff there know me and were very apologetic, but also very limited in their "space to move" from policy.

We then contacted Sripat to be referred to Maharaj, as Sripat will not participate the vaccination. At Maharaj, we were told that in this phase that only high risk (>60 etc.) persons are able to register.

That was also confirmed at Nakorn Ping Hospital.

Contacting Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai (just to cover all bases), we were informed that there is currently neither a plan nor a waiting list for "private" vaccination, next to the government's rollout plan.

Any hospital taken the lead is purely speculative in my opinion, as we don't know from whom and at which level, national policies are translated into provincial/regional tactics.

If I understand you correctly, Maharaj will allow registration by farangs who are over 60 years and have cronic health conditions, is that correct?

17 minutes ago, Derek B said:

What is to stop an Embassy to bring in vaccine for it's Nationals and give the jabs in Consulates.............I wonder if this has already been done for Embassy staff & close relatives.

There is another thread on here which explains that the UK Embassy has done just that not just for the British staff but all the Thai staff as well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, clonetom said:

Contacting Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai (just to cover all bases), we were informed that there is currently neither a plan nor a waiting list for "private" vaccination, next to the government's rollout plan.

I did the same and was referred to the hospital web site. On balance I would say the reception staff have yet to be properly briefed on queries regarding Covid-19 vaccination.

@Brierley Yes, that is my understanding: >60 and/or underlying conditions. 

I am not sure where to differ between chronic and underlying conditions, as the latter are clearly defined by the policy. Best you call them or go there directly - English speaking operators are available.

Edited by clonetom
typo
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Derek B said:

I did the same and was referred to the hospital web site. On balance I would say the reception staff have yet to be properly briefed on queries regarding Covid-19 vaccination.

Either that or they have been clearly briefed to "politely" let you move on, considering the recent flip-flops of private procurement of vaccines through companies and private hospitals.

But then again, that is all speculation...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

This is good to know because, being an avid reader of T-V, I was convinced Thai officialdom had it in for expats/foreigners, and would use the pandemic to deny them vaccines and thus rid Thailand of these dirty unwanted vermin. Or if offered a vaccine, the "foreigner" price would be a baht of gold, while the Thai price was free.

Surely  the Thais would be GIVEN a  baht of  gold free as  well?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

UK treats  all  people the same whether  illegal or legal immigrants all get it FREE

Even if a non-resident UK citizen by birth? Would be nice to know.

2 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Surely  the Thais would be GIVEN a  baht of  gold free as  well?

Now that would get the masses to drag granny screaming & kicking to the jab clinic..............WAIT maybe she is already in line.

3 hours ago, Brierley said:

And when I visited three hospitals yesterday, and the local health office they all told me that foreigners cannot register until 1 July. It's a great article but what it says, in practice, is wrong.

Whatever June or July .If we can register and get free vaccine it is OK.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Good for the UK...we're talking about Thailand. 

True but if Thais get vaccinated in the UK without issue so should UK Citizens currently in Thailand.

• Like 1