Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

3 hours ago, Excel said:

I wonder when they will publish  the exact process for this registration for those foreigners over 60 , especially those elderly who are possibly here on a retirement visa/extension, living on their own, with no pink Thai id card and in the main unable to read Thai ?  Perhaps if they provide the relevant embassies with that information then the embassies could play a part in informing their nationals of what to do and how to do it.

From the article:

Officials suggest that, for now, expats or foreign residents should contact their local hospital or medical facility to book an appointment if they are over 60 or have an underlying condition.

With that being said, not every hospital will be getting jabs.  If you can have a Thai person translate the Mor Prom Line App, participating hospitals are listed there.

1 minute ago, joebrown said:

I am British and contacted the British Trade Mission (aka Embassy) in Bangkok on the subject of Covid vaccinations last year. Their help was to advise me to contact the Thai authorities myself.

I suggest you don't wait for them to do anything to help you, because you might die before they lift a finger to assist.

Are yes but the good news is is that the British Embassy whilst doing nothing for you now, if you die they assist in the repatriation process of the body (if you really want to go back there that is) but more importantly, to them anyway, they post it themselves even on here as "last consular activities".  Proves they more concerned about the dead then they are about the living.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Is this for the Sinovac Saline water?  or a proper vaccine?  

If over 60, it will be the AZ jab.  Nothing wrong with the Sinovac jab.  Not as effective, but we're all going to need a booster anyway.  Just like the seasonal flu jabs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brierley said:

And when I visited three hospitals yesterday, and the local health office they all told me that foreigners cannot register until 1 July. It's a great article but what it says, in practice, is wrong.

It does not say, to be careful not to catch the virus before then.

8 minutes ago, joebrown said:

I am British and contacted the British Trade Mission (aka Embassy) in Bangkok on the subject of Covid vaccinations last year. Their help was to advise me to contact the Thai authorities myself.

I suggest you don't wait for them to do anything to help you, because you might die before they lift a finger to assist.

I have the experience with the German counterparts

Help yourself, so help you <fill in the blank>

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Excel said:

For the sake of good order and to dispel all the other rubbish posted on here that you need a yellow book, pink id card to qualify as a resident, let's clear this up once and for all,

Resident Rule

It prescribes simply: A person residing in Thailand for one or more periods of time that totals 180 days or more in a tax year is deemed a Resident of Thailand.

Tax resident.

Dont confuse things.

I am tax resident and it means nothing for health system. Even so i am too old to get registered on social security.

So as i understand it the only way to get registered on the app is the yellow book

Edited by jojothai
Add detail
  • Thanks 1

This confuses me now.  Maybe Im mis-interpreting the information on this current forum.  Im 65 years old living in Bangkok. I posted on another forum the other day regarding my call to the Covid hotline 1422.  I was told foreigners my age could register for the vaccine starting July 1.  With rollout starting in August.  

This news article in this forum seems to say foreigners can register now for a rollout in June.  It says register with your local hospital. What local hospital?  I even tried to call a local hospital yesterday. The person I spoke to barely spoke English, and said no vaccine.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

This is good to know because, being an avid reader of T-V, I was convinced Thai officialdom had it in for expats/foreigners, and would use the pandemic to deny them vaccines and thus rid Thailand of these dirty unwanted vermin. Or if offered a vaccine, the "foreigner" price would be a baht of gold, while the Thai price was free.

With the We Travel Together and 50/50 schemes my wife got a bit of a reputation as a guru with the government apps. Yesterday she had several phone calls from people looking for help with the app. It is self induced paranoia to think that the problems are solely related to foreigners.

The ironic thing is that she couldn't help anyone as she herself cannot access the app, she got the shock of her life when she put my number in and my name immediately appeared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

You are very lucky, the Hospital on KOH CHANG with its captive monopoly of falangs charge 300 baht, however if you can travel to Trat on the mainland its a respectable 100 baht.

It is 100 baht at my hospital. Last week I saw the dermatologist and cardiologist on the same day and it was still 100 baht, buy one get one free.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, lks7689 said:

Years ago tvf was very much a forum to exchange experiences and learn from but through the years it became more as an avenue for self entitled individuals to whine. There are still sane people around. Just don't take every post seriously and make up your own mind if in doubt.

It's only natural the country take care of it's citizens first for the vaccine rollout and even more natural for Thailand to screw up a simple task to include foreigners. This should have be known to anyone familiar with this country. If anyone think otherwise there's only endless disappointment. Don't expect hundred years of culture to bend backwards for you. You are here for a reason and being treated well by the country is not one of them. You have the choice to leave and no one will beg you to stay. That's the stark reality. 

Good post. The UK track and trace will probably be the biggest software embarrassment of the pandemic. To the paranoid other countries suffer from teething problems but the Thais only suffer from incompetence.

29 minutes ago, Derek B said:

True but if Thais get vaccinated in the UK without issue so should UK Citizens currently in Thailand.

Why is that? Maybe you can try rockin' up to the UK embassy in Bangkok for your vaccine...do they actually provide any citizen services there anymore?

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

It is 100 baht at my hospital. Last week I saw the dermatologist and cardiologist on the same day and it was still 100 baht, buy one get one free.

Actually, in Thailand it's Buy One, Get One, which isn't what it means but try explaining that to a Thai ????

Any way to find this announcement/article in Thai as I feel it may help me to show my local hospitals what I am asking.

I showed the wife a Google translation but I think it was about 80% accurate which may or may not be enough.

21 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

If over 60, it will be the AZ jab.  Nothing wrong with the Sinovac jab.  Not as effective, but we're all going to need a booster anyway.  Just like the seasonal flu jabs.

The age restriction imposed by Thailand and other countries is based on the fact that initial Chinese trials did not include anyone over 60, doesn't mean to say it doesn't work. There has been subsequent trials to include the over 60s but as far as I am aware not published yet.

There was a meeting scheduled for yesterday at the WHO to debate the Chinese vaccines. If the Chinese have put further data forward and the WHO gives the nod, there may be an update in the coming days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

The age restriction imposed by Thailand and other countries is based on the fact that initial Chinese trials did not include anyone over 60, doesn't mean to say it doesn't work. There has been subsequent trials to include the over 60s but as far as I am aware not published yet.

There was a meeting scheduled for yesterday at the WHO to debate the Chinese vaccines. If the Chinese have put further data forward and the WHO gives the nod, there may be an update in the coming days.

sorry but i dont trust anything the WHO say any longer ,especially regarding anything from China

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

All eligible people should register and the data will be compared with the database in their areas. If all goes well, they can get the shots.’

Expats with a Thai ID or ‘pink’ registration card can use this service while those living in the kingdom who use their national passport as their main ID, cannot.

Officials suggest that, for now, expats or foreign residents should contact their local hospital or medical facility to book an appointment if they are over 60 or have an underlying condition.

The article says those with Pink ID card can use the app to schedule an appt.  That implies all Pink ID card holders, but as posted by many in other ThaiVisa threads (to include myself) their Pink ID card number is not being accepted....can not register/schedule a jab.  As mentioned, my Pink ID card is not accepted.   I expect maybe those who were successful in using their Pink ID card to schedule a jab is a result of their local hospital using their Pink ID card for hospital registration vs passport which ended up getting their Pink ID card into the app database....OR, maybe the Pink ID card holders who registered the first few days the LINE app came out were successful because when apparently the app was "not" asking for the number of the back of the card (like it does now) which serves as a security/validity check of the main number from the front of the card that.  Who really knows...but we do know only some Pink ID card holders are having success; many are not.  

The article also says farangs should contact their local hospital/medical facility to book a jab.  Once again many folks in other threads (to include myself) have visited their local govt or private hospital/medical unit only to be told they are not taking bookings and/or they must use one of the apps to schedule a jab....apps that don't work for farangs right now except for "some" Pink ID card holders.    Yesterday the Thai wife and I visited our local govt medical unit to try to book a jab for me--one each farang with Pink ID card/Yellow Book--was told they are not doing manual registration right now....must use one of the apps.  The unit was very helpful in even spending 20 minutes or so in calling central COVID govt numbers to get more info, but were unable to book a jab for me even when they tried using two different booking apps on my phone (LINE app and standalone Morphomt app).  Now, my private hospital here in Bangkok did start taking "requests' through their app on Sunday for a jab....but this is just a request/form you send to them on their LINE app and the hospital said they will supposedly get back with you later if able to offer a jab.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

what do you mean anymore ,i had business in BKK 25 yrs ago ,they were as much use as a chocolate spoon then .

They did throw great garden parties back in the day...before they got greedy and sold-up and kicked out Old Queen Vic ????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jojothai said:

So as i understand it the only way to get registered on the app is the yellow book

Partially right. It is not the only way, hospitals can register you on the app, but you would need to be registered at the hospital with your Thai ID number from the yellow book.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

sorry but i dont trust anything the WHO say any longer ,especially regarding anything from China

It may come as a surprise but your trust has little to do with an update being published.

• Like 2

My wife just tried to register for the jab adding me as a relative ,it would not accept her as she is not registered at any hospital ,let alone me . who is registered at Chonburi ,well i have an appointment for my 3 monthly with the heart doc on teusday so i will try when i am there .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

It may come as a surprise but your trust has little to do with an update being published.

sorry but i have very little trust in anything China says these days ,and as for WHO ,well we know whos pocket they are in.

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

The article says those with Pink ID card can use the app to schedule an appt.  That implies all Pink ID card holders, but as posted by many in other ThaiVisa threads (to include myself) their Pink ID card number is not being accepted....can not register/schedule a jab.  As mentioned, my Pink ID card is not accepted.   I expect maybe those who were successful in using their Pink ID card to schedule a jab is a result of their local hospital using their Pink ID card for hospital registration vs passport which ended up getting their Pink ID card into the app database....OR, maybe the Pink ID card holders who registered the first few days the LINE app came out were successful because when apparently the app was "not" asking for the number of the back of the card (like it does now) which serves as a security/validity check of the main number from the front of the card that.  Who really knows...but we do know only some Pink ID card holders are having success; many are not.  

It is not just foreigners, Thais are struggling.

My wife took several calls yesterday and what appears to be a common factor in a few of the cases she mentioned, including herself, is that the hospital used and Tabian Baan are different provinces.

This could be consistent with your quote

"the data will be compared with the database in their areas. "

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The ironic thing is that she couldn't help anyone as she herself cannot access the app, she got the shock of her life when she put my number in and my name immediately appeared.

Can I ask which ap is that where user's names pop-up?

The LINE Maw Phrom app requires you to fill in the name or it will not check.

3 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

sorry but i have very little trust in anything China says these days ,and as for WHO ,well we know whos pocket they are in.

Nothing to do with  it, if there is an update on Sinovac every chance it will be given to the over 60s.

• Like 2