Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Can I ask which ap is that where user's names pop-up?

The LINE Maw Phrom app requires you to fill in the name or it will not check.

That is wrong, if your details have been entered by the hospital your name appears as soon as your number is entered.

5 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

My wife just tried to register for the jab adding me as a relative ,it would not accept her as she is not registered at any hospital ,let alone me . who is registered at Chonburi ,well i have an appointment for my 3 monthly with the heart doc on teusday so i will try when i am there .

If you are in Chonburi, there is a special Mopromt ap in the Google Play store for Chonburi hospital.  it requires ONLY the 13 digit ID code to sign in.

The app needs to be downloaded and has nothing to do with LINE.

In google play search for "Chonburi hospital" or  "หมอพร้อม"

• Thanks 1

Just now, sandyf said:

That is wrong, if your details have been entered by the hospital your name appears as soon as your number is entered.

My wife can log in but it does not auto complete any information. Thus my request to confirm which software you are using. Is it the Maw Prom LINE version 2.2.2 which is now in use? -- thanks

1 minute ago, PattayaKevin said:

Bangkok hospital Pattaya says thais only no foreigners. Even foreigners over 60 or with preexisting conditions. 

Private hospital. The vaccine rollout is done by the government.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I was able to successfully register using the LINE app on 1st May (first day) and book an appointment for June 7th, which appeared to be the first available day. The app required the number on the back of the ID card as well as the front.

Other information which may be pertinent to my successful booking:

• Age 74
  • Member of the Thai Social Insurance scheme
  • Previous history at the local hospital
  • The name of the applicant was entered as it appears on the pink ID card
  • No mention of any fee
  • Confirmation of booking by LINE app
  • There is an option to allow change of booking
  • Type of jab not specified but I believe the current plan is for it to be locally produced AstraZeneca

Anyway, good luck.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brierley said:

And when I visited three hospitals yesterday, and the local health office they all told me that foreigners cannot register until 1 July. It's a great article but what it says, in practice, is wrong.

Yes. it's effectively GASLIGHTING. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

Bangkok hospital Pattaya says thais only no foreigners. Even foreigners over 60 or with preexisting conditions. 

We don't have even one report in Pattaya of an expat being able to book an appointment in person with passport number in person at either a private or public facility.

I have been actively soliciting for people to report as such. CRICKETS. 

A local private hospital said to me, go away, check later, likely in the SUMMER. Yes I told them I was in the high risk group. 

The main public hospital is NOT taking such bookings. 

Multiple people have been told that foreigners are not included until AUGUST for bookings beginning in July, regardless of being high risk. Including when calling a Covid hotline.

It would be kinder for the press to tell us the TRUTH than the press to tell us something that is just NOT REAL.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

My wife went to  our district hospital to  register me, as I am  over 60, and have a chronic health problem.   She was told    they would have to check with  the authorities in Korat  as to foreigners..       Hospital  just  phoned her back.  No,  foreigners cannot register.  Thais    first.  She asked   about those  with yellow  or blue book  and pink card.  Yes they can register, but  cannot  get vaccine  before all Thais have.   I don't mind paying for the jab, we pay 500 baht each for our flu shots, nor do I expect preferential treatment, just to be treated equally.  as that too much to ask????

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brierley said:

Bangkok Hospital is a private hospital, they don't have the vaccine anyway so they are not a part of the current roll out plan.

That is true but in Pattaya the same problem with public. 

1 minute ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

My wife went to  our district hospital to  register me, as I am  over 60, and have a chronic health problem.   She was told    they would have to check with  the authorities in Korat  as to foreigners..       Hospital  just  phoned her back.  No,  foreigners cannot register.  Thais    first.  She asked   about those  with yellow  or blue book  and pink card.  Yes they can register, but  cannot  get vaccine  before all Thais have.   I don't mind paying for the jab, we pay 500 baht each for our flu shots, nor do I expect preferential treatment, just to be treated equally.  as that too much to ask????

Thank you. That is the overwhelming information people actually trying are getting. The "news" in the article does not reflect reality. We need REAL NEWS that tells what's actually happening on the ground to Thailand and the world. 

GASLIGHTING us makes this bad situation even worse.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

Just now, rabas said:

My wife can log in but it does not auto complete any information. Thus my request to confirm which software you are using. Is it the Maw Prom LINE version 2.2.2 which is now in use? -- thanks

Yes that is correct. My sister in law logged in without a problem and she had to fill in her details before making the appointment. I do not know which version was used.

My wife entered my number and the details were already there, no entries required. A message said I was eligible for the vaccination and to book appointment.

Different scenarios, you can register yourself by entering your details or a hospital can register for you, but you need to be registered at the hospital with Thai ID and considered at risk. The information article referred to hospitals uploading "targeted patients".

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Sorry I'm a Luddite. Does this mean I have to download 2 Apps. Line and  Maw Prom

Hello ,

Thailand what happens if your a Expat and under 60 with underlying health conditions !!?????

it’s Absolute Rubbish !! All !! People !! Thai or Expat with underlying health conditions should be PRIORITY 1 !! And including regular healthy people 60 and over PERIOD !! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Derek B said:

What is to stop an Embassy to bring in vaccine for it's Nationals and give the jabs in Consulates.............I wonder if this has already been done for Embassy staff & close relatives.

I am sure I read that the Chinese Embassy is doing exactly that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yesterday I was making my vaccination registation at our local medical clinic.

I am over 60, and only have passport.

At the clinic they where friendly and do some photos of the passport, was writing address, my wifes name, phone number, it looks like they where making a serious registration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Yes that is correct. My sister in law logged in without a problem and she had to fill in her details before making the appointment. I do not know which version was used.

My wife entered my number and the details were already there, no entries required. A message said I was eligible for the vaccination and to book appointment.

Different scenarios, you can register yourself by entering your details or a hospital can register for you, but you need to be registered at the hospital with Thai ID and considered at risk. The information article referred to hospitals uploading "targeted patients".

Thailand the hub of different scenarios.

Thanks, that's helpful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

Thailand what happens if your a Expat and under 60 with underlying health conditions !!?????

it’s Absolute Rubbish !! All !! People !! Thai or Expat with underlying health conditions should be PRIORITY 1 !! And including regular healthy people 60 and over PERIOD !! 

And if there isn't sufficient quantity of vaccine??    Then what?

30 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What details and by what hospital?

7 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

When you register and book an appointment for vaccination, the Mor Prom in the Line app do not differ between Thai and foreigners and if you are under 60 and have an underlying condition you just check that condition off.

Just now, richthai said:

If registering for the vaccine requires the Pink ID card, how does one go about getting the Pink ID card?
(I'm over 60, working in Thailand with valid WP and Visa.)

Yesterday I was making my vaccination registation at our local medical clinic.

I am over 60, and only have passport.

• Like 1