Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

42 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Sorry I'm a Luddite. Does this mean I have to download 2 Apps. Line and  Maw Prom

My understanding as a Zoroastrian is there are two, either or, cases.

1. (for Thailand) Maw Prom LINE ap, start LINE, scan the frequently posted QR code. This ap requests the code on the back of the pink card, which causes problems for some, but not all.

2.(for Chonburi) a different Maw Prom, from Google play store, this does not require the code from the pink card reverse.

Try 1. If 1 does not provide happiness try 2.

Edited by rabas

1 minute ago, rabas said:

2.(for Chonburi) a different Maw Prom, from Google play store, this does not require the code from the pink card reverse.

How does one locate this Chonburi special?  Does it need a Thai ID card? 

2 minutes ago, perconrad said:

When you register and book an appointment for vaccination, the Mor Prom in the Line app do not differ between Thai and foreigners and if you are under 60 and have an underlying condition you just check that condition off.

the Mor Prom in the Line app do not differ between Thai and foreigners......foreigners with a pink ID?

5 hours ago, Brierley said:

And when I visited three hospitals yesterday, and the local health office they all told me that foreigners cannot register until 1 July. It's a great article but what it says, in practice, is wrong.

Must be all wrong ,and they don't know what they are doing. 

Madam Digger rang our local hospital 2/05/20 an all they asked for was the 13 digit number from the Yellow book   Booked in for 8/06/20  at 1 Pm   .   ????

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

the Mor Prom in the Line app do not differ between Thai and foreigners......foreigners with a pink ID?

The mor Prom do not differ that you can register and book a vaccination appointment if you fill out all the information asked for from your pink card.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PGSan said:

How does one locate this Chonburi special?  Does it need a Thai ID card? 

You can find it by going to Google Play Store and search for Chonburi Hospital. It's the big green one, in Thai,

It requires a Thai ID number found on a yellow book or pink card. In this case the pinkcard is not required but yellow book is and you seemingly must live in Chonburi and or be registered at Chonburi hospital.

1 minute ago, perconrad said:

The mor Prom do not differ that you can register and book a vaccination appointment if you fill out all the information asked for from your pink card.

Only fly in the ointment for me is no pink ID

Just now, perconrad said:

From whose pink ID would that be?  Most of us have no ID or card, of any colour!  Please try to understand us too.

1 minute ago, Brierley said:

Not all of us have yellow books, pink ID cards or purple boxers.

OK , that could make a difference  didn't think about that. I only got the Yellow book, and the boxers. ????

• Like 1

A little off topic, but in regards to Embassies, and Ambassadors.    A couple of years ago, the Australian embassy in BKK held an Australia Day  celebration party. It was televised.   I have never been so embarrassed, seeing the (then)  Ambassador grovelling  , bowing and scraping to   all and sundry guests,  mainly of the Thai   gene pool.   Lamb, crayfish, oysters etc were flown in from Australia  for the occasion. I didn't see ONE Australian guest amongst the  throng.   The little twits behaviour was downright despicable, and a disgrace to the nation.   I did notice he was gone the following years party..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

All I know is about this group.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3999628503432451&id=343265805735424

It seems to me this might be a news story of International interest but with what's happening in India now, maybe too small potatoes

I would like to think that once Johnson has fixed on which cushions to buy he might lend a thought to us UK expats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Excel said:

I wonder when they will publish  the exact process for this registration for those foreigners over 60 , especially those elderly who are possibly here on a retirement visa/extension, living on their own, with no pink Thai id card and in the main unable to read Thai ?  Perhaps if they provide the relevant embassies with that information then the embassies could play a part in informing their nationals of what to do and how to do it.

Foreigners on retirement/marriage extension who have no registered for a tabien baan or pink ID card cannot register in the Mor Prom app because it has no way to link with your personal details.  They have to wait for the government to provide access to them to vaccines either from the public supply or from private hospitals when and if they receive supplies.  I doubt that they will go to the expense and trouble to set up a seperate system to register foreign residents who have not registered themselves with district offices, as required by the Civil Registration Act 2008.  But I believe they will find a way to make vaccines available to unregistered foreigners, although maybe not free of charge.  

For those who have the ability to get a yellow tabian baan/ pink ID card, that would probably be the easiest route.  They will probably not create foreign language versions of the app for a very small number of foreign residents that cannot read any Thai, while they are expending huge effort just to make the Thai version function properly.  Registration is quite simple and only requires a few minutes of a Thai reader's time, if the system is working normally.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

Bangkok hospital Pattaya says thais only no foreigners. Even foreigners over 60 or with preexisting conditions. 

In what sense do ‘they’ ‘say this??