Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

13 minutes ago, rabas said:

My understanding as a Zoroastrian is there are two, either or, cases.

1. (for Thailand) Maw Prom LINE ap, start LINE, scan the frequently posted QR code. This ap requests the code on the back of the pink card, which causes problems for some, but not all.

2.(for Chonburi) a different Maw Prom, from Google play store, this does not require the code from the pink card reverse.

Try 1. If 1 does not provide happiness and you live in Chonburi, try 2.

I registered in the Mor Prom app that says Chonburi Hospital without needing the laser ID number from the back of the ID card and make an appointment in Bangkok. Maybe Chonburi Hospital set it up or something but it is misleading as it is not restricted to Chonburi. Give it a try.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Foreigners on retirement/marriage extension who have no registered for a tabien baan or pink ID card cannot register in the Mor Prom app because it has no way to link with your personal details.  They have to wait for the government to provide access to them to vaccines either from the public supply or from private hospitals when and if they receive supplies.  I doubt that they will go to the expense and trouble to set up a seperate system to register foreign residents who have not registered themselves with district offices, as required by the Civil Registration Act 2008.  But I believe they will find a way to make vaccines available to unregistered foreigners, although maybe not free of charge.  

For those who have the ability to get a yellow tabian baan/ pink ID card, that would probably be the easiest route.  They will probably not create foreign language versions of the app for a very small number of foreign residents that cannot read any Thai, while they are expending huge effort just to make the Thai version function properly.  Registration is quite simple and only requires a few minutes of a Thai reader's time, if the system is working normally.

Hold on there.

This gaslighting news item suggests that for those needing to use passports just go in to public facilities and register even for early priority high risk people for June  bookings.

But expats in many parts  of the country including expat haven Pattaya are finding that is NOT TRUE.

Thats the real news here. What's actually true.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, PGSan said:

In what sense do ‘they’ ‘say this??

Don't ask the hospital.  Of course they don't want foreigners.  In fact they don't want Thais either.  The private hospitals have been forced into the Mor Prom scheme by the government.  Just try to register through the app. They can't turn you away if you come with an appointment. 

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We don't have even one report in Pattaya of an expat being able to book an appointment in person with passport number in person at either a private or public facility.

I thought that we did get, elsewhere, a success report for Pattaya City Hospital?   Maybe one if the mere mortals (without any pink or yellow baubles with the 13 magic numbers front and/or back)  can try registering there?

3 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Don't ask the hospital.  Of course they don't want foreigners.  In fact they don't want Thais either.  The private hospitals have been forced into the Mor Prom scheme by the government.  Just try to register through the app. They can't turn you away if you come with an appointment. 

BUT:  How can us ID-free paupers register through an app? 

Edited by PGSan

1 minute ago, PGSan said:

I thought that we did get, elsewhere, a success report for Pattaya City Hospital?   Maybe one if the mere mortals (without any pink or yellow baubles with the 13 magic numbers front and/or back)  can try registering there?

Report of a booking by app with the ID number.

7 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Maybe Chonburi Hospital set it up or something but it is misleading as it is not restricted to Chonburi. Give it a try.

Without any fancy numbers?? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PGSan said:

BUT:  How can us ID-free paupers register through an app? 

Cannot.

But this article says we can register in person with passport.

Also Cannot.

The article portrays a reality that doesn’t exist.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I registered in the Mor Prom app that says Chonburi Hospital without needing the laser ID number from the back of the ID card and make an appointment in Bangkok. Maybe Chonburi Hospital set it up or something but it is misleading as it is not restricted to Chonburi. Give it a try.

Thanks.

It rejects both me and my Thai wife. We are in Bangkok. After entering the 13 digit ID and our mobile phone and pressing "authenticate"  we are dumped to a dark screen that tells us what to do if the ap does not work.   I could find no way to proceed.

Another poster said it was for Chonburi. Good to know you got it from Bangkok.

My girlfriend just called St. Louis hospital about this.  They said I have to own a condo to register for the free vaccine.  Did I miss something in the original article that said the foreigner has to own a condo?  The hospital said they have very few vaccines anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Cannot.

But this article says we can register in person with passport.

Also Cannot.

The article portrays a reality that doesn’t exist.

If you are in a high risk group, you must have a local doc???  Why not check with them directly?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JOE BAMA said:

My girlfriend just called St. Louis hospital about this.  They said I have to own a condo to register for the free vaccine.  Did I miss something in the original article that said the foreigner has to own a condo?  The hospital said they have very few vaccines anyway.  

Probably mean you must have a yellow book.......I'm guessing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, digger70 said:

all they asked for was the 13 digit number from the Yellow book 

That is a lot to ask from most of us without a Yellow Book or any magic number.  Please look out for us too!

• Like 1

Just now, JOE BAMA said:

That's a new one!

I suspect that maybe they think all foreigners that own condos would have the needed ID number. But that is not the case. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Thanks.

It rejects both me and my Thai wife. We are in Bangkok. After entering the 13 digit ID and our mobile phone and pressing "authenticate"  we are dumped to a dark screen that tells us what to do if the ap does not work.   I could find no way to proceed.

Another poster said it was for Chonburi. Good to know you got it from Bangkok.

Thai wife has given up.....tried three times.....after selecting a hospital the screen jumps straight back to the opening screen asking her to complete all her details.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I own a condo. No yellow book. No pink card. No magic ID number. No pink hair either.

As an owner do you not automatically get a tabian ban?.....I am going to get myself added to my mother in laws blue book.

Edited by Surelynot

Just now, fvw53 said:

...expats over 60 with underlying conditions...

Is being 80 years old an underlying condition ?

That's a good question. 

I'm not sure if the high risk category here includes only being over 60 or being over 60 plus at least one of the listed conditions. Does anyone know?

5 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

...expats over 60 with underlying conditions...

Is being 80 years old an underlying condition ?

Good point...without wishing to cause any undue concern you should be a top priority regardless of underlying conditions.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1