Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

14 minutes ago, JOE BAMA said:

My girlfriend just called St. Louis hospital about this.  They said I have to own a condo to register for the free vaccine.  Did I miss something in the original article that said the foreigner has to own a condo?  The hospital said they have very few vaccines anyway.  

Maybe they have very few vaccines right now, but the article says for vaccination in June and July. That's when the Thai production of the vaccine should start, so they can take registrations now according to the article.

I think someone mentioned that migrant workers can get a pink ID without having to go through the yellow book rigmarale.  So what do the offices use to generate these cards?  I think what I'm trying to ascertain is, is there a shortcut to a pink ID card?  Could an Amphur be "convinced" in some way to generate one for expats without a yellow book?

22 minutes ago, JOE BAMA said:

My girlfriend just called St. Louis hospital about this.  They said I have to own a condo to register for the free vaccine.  Did I miss something in the original article that said the foreigner has to own a condo?  The hospital said they have very few vaccines anyway.  

Bear in mind that the MoPh has not announced anything about registering of foreigners.  St Louis may have heard that foreigners have been able to register but don't understand the process.  Obviously a foreigner who owns a condo and has a longer term visa will find it easy to get a yellow tabian baan and pink ID card which means they can register with that ID number and they may have heard about that.  They are partly right but that is not the only way that a foreigner can get a pink ID card. 

The hospital has very few vaccines now because they only have limited supplies of Sinovac for front line medical workers (and those with connections who want Sinovac).  But in June they should be inundated with locally produced Astra Zeneca.  Since only 430,000 registered over the weekend and they plan to vaccinate 16 milion by the end of July, they might even have a surplus.

9 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

That was a not a "gaslighting news item", whatever that may be.  It was just an opinion that the authorities will probably find a way to make vaccines available to unregistered foreign residents, although it might not be free of charge.  Obvioiusly they haven't found a way to make the vaccines available to them yet and it is probably a fairly low priority at the moment.  

I specifically said that I doubt they will set up a seperate system to register foreigners.  So how could mean I was suggesting that foreigners could go along to public facilities to register using their passport numbers?  I think it is more likely that when they when have made good headway with vaccation roll out to Thais and registered residents and have enough supply, they will allow unregistered foreigners to book vaccinations at hospitals with enough supply as private patients. That would not require setting up a national database to register unregistered foreigners for a one-off purpose which is not going to happen.

If you live long-term in a country that provides a means to foreigners to register with your district office and you choose not to, you have to accept that you have opted out when the government sets up a system to provide emergency help to those registered by district in an unforeseeable once in a lifetime event.  You were allowed the freedom of choice without penalty for not registering but the government cannot provide you the benefits of civil registration, if you are not in their database.

The MoPH is doing its best to mop up millions of poor Thais who cannot register with Mor Prom because they have no smart phones.  In villages the local adminstrations and tambon hospitals are compiling lists and registering for them.  But that is easier than registering unregistered foreigners because those Thais have ID numbers, so Mor Prom can retrieve their details.    

Every 'foreigner' must have a passport and a passport number......perhaps if they had thought ahead, the option of Thai ID or passport number should have been included???......Just a thought.

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Well, in my 13 years experience in Thailand, it’s pretty much standard procedure for government officials ( of any Thai government) to make announcements based on what they perceive will be well regarded. However these frequently bear little relation to what is actually happening on the ground , and the ground varies from province to province and even district to district.

Just look at the highly regulated and rules based immigration system and how interpretation varies from office to office. And even from officer to officer within the same office. one persons experience is often different to another’s.

imho we have the same thing with this vaccine issue. Trying to assess what the national policy is will just lead to frustration because although in theory there is a policy, in practice each province is likely to differ.

you might be lucky, you might not. ????‍♂️

You hit the nail on the head.

It's always a hit and miss process for everything. Need the patience of a saint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I’m 70 years young with no underlying conditions that I’m aware of so I’m more than happy to wait my turn it’s just a pity that the government have not put out a registration app in the English language in order to understand the procedures of registering. 

As others said.

Kon Thai goon.

Thai people first...

• Confused 1

Having no pink card mrs has been on the phone yesterday and today to our local govt Hospital, lost count of the times trying to get through but eventually got an answer. They said cannot do as they have had no govnt policy yet on how to register foreigners without an ID number and suggest go to private Hospital. I'm sure other have had different results. She asked if she could do it for me but no, can for another relative like her mother, but not for foreigner . I'd prefer to go private anyway, if it was allowed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Having no pink card mrs has been on the phone yesterday and today to our local govt Hospital, lost count of the times trying to get through but eventually got an answer. They said cannot do as they have had no govnt policy yet on how to register foreigners without an ID number and suggest go to private Hospital. I'm sure other have had different results. She asked if she could do it for me but no, can for another relative like her mother, but not for foreigner . I'd prefer to go private anyway, if it was allowed.

Only tried one private hospital......not interested, yet....maybe once they get their hands on the vaccine they will be keen to provide a service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Thai wife has given up.....tried three times.....after selecting a hospital the screen jumps straight back to the opening screen asking her to complete all her details.

It takes a lot more than 3 times. Most of us who succeeded put in 50-100 tries nonstop.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, perconrad said:

When I on sunday in the Mor Prom in Line App registered and booked a vaccination appointment on 8. th june 10 o'clock it was enough with a prefix beginning with B as the pink ID card has.

I match you 100%, read Thai, too. No luck yet using MorProm. 

3 minutes ago, Snoopax said:

As I'm not ready to die, I will pass on this one.
I just take care of my immune system by taking a Vitamin complex (especially Vitamine D and zinc) and hydroxychloroquine (as prophylactic) daily.

Which, on any half-healthy diet you will just excrete....money down the pan....literally.....

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

At private hospitals, probably at least a hospital fee.  I doubt a doctor visit will be involved.

At public hospitals no. And you will not need to see a doctor first. They are planning to innoculate huge numbers each day, will set up a special place for it and will need to move people through swiftly.

Well THAI VISA posted that up a  few  days  ago in a report somewhere that foreigners would get it free  but with a doctor and admin fee. TV isnt fake  news right though?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PGSan said:

What exactly does this mean?

You need to have been an inpatient or have seen a doctor at your local hospital in the same city where your yellow book is registered. 

As like every hospital the first time you go there they take all your details and you are registered should you ever go back. I am assuming that those over 60 who are vulnerable and have had no problem registering for a jab have visited or even frequented their local hospital and probably have a house book and pink ID card. Thus their success.

The irony being all the "residents" that never took the less than 1 hour it takes to get a house book and ID card and now want to scream from the mountaintop how unfair it all is. Laughable.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

Thailand should let their expats who are retired and living in Thailand be the first to get the vaccine before any Thai citizens since them generate more money than the Thai citizens does.

Rubbish.

• Sad 1

Once again greed and/or incompetence gets in the way of what should be a world leading country in several areas.

When the talk of vaccines and herd immunity were first raised I thought I was going to be lucky to be in Thailand with arguably its hundreds of private hospitals waitiing and ready (yes at a customer cost) to swing into action and vaccinate at a break neck rate.

But no. Let's use our pre-covid, overstretched government hospitals instead. We have money in the bank (so far) but no, lets build our own facility and make a killling. People can wait a few months surely, well some may not make it, but in army speak, thats just cannon fodder in the covid war.

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Snoopax said:

As I'm not ready to die, I will pass on this one.
I just take care of my immune system by taking a Vitamin complex (especially Vitamine D and zinc) and hydroxychloroquine (as prophylactic) daily.

Sounds like a good idea. I take vitamins, a lot of sun and take invermectin, which I heard works well in preventing this thing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, starky said:

You need to have been an inpatient or have seen a doctor at your local hospital in the same city where your yellow book is registered. 

As like every hospital the first time you go there they take all your details and you are registered should you ever go back. I am assuming that those over 60 who are vulnerable and have had no problem registering for a jab have visited or even frequented their local hospital and probably have a house book and pink ID card. Thus their success.

The irony being all the "residents" that never took the less than 1 hour it takes to get a house book and ID card and now want to scream from the mountaintop how unfair it all is. Laughable.

Not always true, I tried twice and refused twice at the amphur ' not for farang, migrant only'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gashead said:

I think someone mentioned that migrant workers can get a pink ID without having to go through the yellow book rigmarale.  So what do the offices use to generate these cards?  I think what I'm trying to ascertain is, is there a shortcut to a pink ID card?  Could an Amphur be "convinced" in some way to generate one for expats without a yellow book?

Get a job as a maid or at the local building site.

11 minutes ago, starky said:

The same people who laugh at some of us for "going native" are now wanting to integrate into society as they think their lives are at risk. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, rotorbreeze said:

What is meaning.. have an underlying disease can register now? As it is stated that the vaccination may cause you (Shead) to spread the flu virus as school administration in USA claim. Underlying..for me I have lived Africa and have had Malaria 25 yrs ago lived middle east and have had many vaccinations not to enter country but on my return. I have built a very excellent genome gut bacteria the key to strong immunity no drugs that suppress the bodies natural response. I look for the cause not hidden by medication which the Idiopathic Medical system practices. Here is an example I stand on your foot it hurts, it hurts so the medical system gives you pain killers... the pain killers in body react to this invasion of histamines and build resistance...now a stronger pain killer used and body reacts... this cycle continues and other medical issues appear, kidney, bladder, no sleep, your immunity is compromised. I hope this example of me standing on your foot realize Medical treatment for any problem is not the solution. Vaccinations let me explain Russian Roulette... 

Thanks.......would you please get off my foot now?

• Haha 1