Lockdowns end: Hun Sen announces lifting of restrictions from Thursday

geovalin

The government has decided not to extend the lockdowns in Phnom Penh and Kandal province’s Takhmao city, except for a few areas with a high transmission of COVID-19. Interprovincial travel will also be allowed. However, Phnom Penh City Hall will continue the zoning system put in place to curb the spread of COVID-19.

Prime Minister Hun Sen made the announcement on Sunday night in response to a plea posted on his Facebook page over the three-week lockdown due to end tomorrow.. The Facebook account user named Tuo made the plea, saying: “Samdech, on May 5, please end the lockdown in the city. I have been stranded in the province for a long time, I have not been able to return to Phnom Penh, and I have to come up and get vaccinated. I am also almost broke.”

In response, Mr Hun Sen said: “There is no reason to lockdown Phnom Penh and any province anymore. We will reopen the lockdown area, except that a province or capital can close a small area which has a high risk of coronavirus spread.” “The past few lockdowns were compulsory to reduce the infection and deaths of our people. Please understand the common difficulties of the nation,” Mr Hun Sen added.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50850617/lockdowns-end-pm-announces-lifting-of-restrictions-from-thursday/

• Like 1