Wife said if I don't give up golf she will burn the house down

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO they would be questioning our sanity on other grounds, long before they got to golf. They'd probably start with churches, mosques and synagogues.

I presume they'd find it quaint and charming, similar to the way we find what children say so cute. "Oh look! They think they're the centre of the universe! Get a load of these creation myths, that's the best they could come up with? 555555!" 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Well, I did try it, Actually I was    quite good at it.  However, one day I stopped and thought,  if   something from another planet could see me, hitting a little white ball into a hole in the ground,  they would obviously doubt the sanity of us earthlings,  so I stopped.

Yup, there is intelligent life out there........that's why they don't visit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO they would be questioning our sanity on other grounds, long before they got to golf. They'd probably start with churches, mosques and synagogues.

islam.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's very common to find people who call golf silly are abjectly incompetent when invited to try it.

Nonetheless, it is a silly game...which I'm probably going to take up when I retire, but only so I can flirt with the caddy girls ????

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:
On 5/4/2021 at 10:15 AM, clivebaxter said:

TV has an obsession with this silly game, there are 8 sections on it!

It's very common to find people who call golf silly are abjectly incompetent when invited to try it.

It's also very common to find that people who obsess about golf are abjectly incompetent when it comes to anything else!

Just now, hotchilli said:

I've got my balls into more than 18 holes over my life, never played on a single course yet.

Isn't that what got Tiger Woods into trouble also ?  And they also say golf is good for your health, hasn't done him much good.

• Haha 1

Just now, Excel said:

Isn't that what got Tiger Woods into trouble also ?  And they also say golf is good for your health, hasn't done him much good.

Yeah the 19th hole cost him dearly

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Well, I did try it, Actually I was    quite good at it.  However, one day I stopped and thought,  if   something from another planet could see me, hitting a little white ball into a hole in the ground,  they would obviously doubt the sanity of us earthlings,  so I stopped.

What would these little green men think of you "talking" on line to people you don't know 

about knocking a little white ball into a hole in the ground?