Vaccine Registration experience

clonetom

11 minutes ago, clonetom said:

At Maharaj, we were told that in this phase that only high risk (>60 etc.) persons are able to register.

That was also confirmed at Nakorn Ping Hospital.

Only high risk Thais, or also foreigners?

@jackdd They did not mention a differentiation between Thais and foreigners, only that I am currently not eligable for either >60 or underlying problems.

Fair enough for those at higher risk than I...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, finnsk said:

Yesterday I was making my vaccination registation at our local medical clinic.

I am over 60, and only have passport.

More importantly, did you receive a date for the vaccine ??

I suspect you registered only ??

Please elaborate .

8 minutes ago, finnsk said:

Now they only registrate, they still not have the vaccine, they hope they will begin in june. It looks it will be with the local produced Astra Zeneca. They inform they will call on the phone, when they are ready to begin the vaccinations.

There are some posts stating that registration for foreigners will only start in July with vaccinations starting in August.

But you have successfully registered so if not in June then you should be first in line in August if that is the case.

Either way, I wish you well .

• Confused 1

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

There are some posts stating that registration for foreigners will only start in July with vaccinations starting in August.

But you have successfully registered so if not in June then you should be first in line in August if that is the case.

Either way, I wish you well .

Thanks, time will show when they will be ready to begin

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, finnsk said:

What local medical clinic? Hospital? Public health office?

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 9:22 AM, clonetom said:

Meanwhile, this morning, I called the CM German Honorary Consulate only receive my anticipated answer: "We are sorry, but we have no information about the registration of foreigners - but please stay safe"

????????

Our governments don't give a s**t. They just need our vote. 

23 minutes ago, finnsk said:

Not hospital, lower level, where people get in for free with their small health problems, I dont know the correct word, like a little hospital without beds, only for people who can walk in and walk home again, in the west we could compare it with a doctors practice, but here it is public and for free. I think they also make some general health registrations there. I think every subdistrict must have such a clinic.

Is this referred to as a "primary care unit"?

6 minutes ago, ryane66 said:

We are on the Tambon level (subdistrict) it is a free publice care office/clinic/unit. Now I get curious to, to find the correct word, I will try to see if google get answer

14 minutes ago, ryane66 said:

Now I googled a little, I think you got the right word: "primary care unit"

Hope it can help other farangs, with only passport, to get vaccine registration.

Good luck

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, finnsk said:

We are on the Tambon level (subdistrict) it is a free publice care office/clinic/unit. Now I get curious to, to find the correct word, I will try to see if google get answer

The locals here just call the government clinic ‘anumai’, which seems to translate to health. It is the shortened word for ministry (or department) of health. They have a computer connected to the database of citizen IDs, and can register Thais for the local (30Baht) health care.

They are also doing paper registration for for the covid vaccinations. My name is on their list already.

The mor prom Line account is not accepting my (naturalized) Thai ID again today. Error is “Please enter correct information”.

Hoping for a call next month to get my AZ shot since I’m in the first group.

good luck all!

https://ops.moph.go.th/public/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, finnsk said:

Picture is example of a primary care center

images.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, finnsk said:

Yes, it is crazy, hard to believe what they are saying, one day they say yes next day no.

Yes, but as you have already registered yourself at a “ clinic” I think that you will still be in a good position when, or if , the vaccines become available for foreigners.
Seems like the best route now is to follow your lead find a local clinic/hospital and attempt registration although I think it is early days, many foreigners have attempted registration only to find the clinic/hospital has lesser information than we have .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

According to this article it was all a big misunderstanding !!????

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/vaccines-reserved-to-thais-not-expats-public-health-ministry

I would say ‘blind leading the blind’, but that would be an insult to vision challenged folks who can manage their affairs much better than we are seeing here! ????

Maybe it would be good to have ministers and cabinet members with some experience in the field they are assigned to manage. Btw, I wonder why these positions are always refered to as portfolios? $$$ ????

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 10:55 AM, finnsk said:

Where is this, please?

On 5/4/2021 at 10:55 AM, finnsk said:

Is there a reason you do not clearly state the name and location of whatever this facility is ?

~o:37;