Ugandan and Thai wife face prosecution for deliberately concealing COVID-19 timeline

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanit Srithaweee, the district chief of Serng Sang in Nakhon Ratchasima, went to the police to file a report against a Ugandan man and his Thai wife, from Non Somboon.

They allege that the couple deliberately concealed their movements (timeline) in relation to their risk from Covid. 

This caused two staff at Serng Sang hospital to have to quarantine as well as other unspecified problems. 

Sanit said that the couple were in Bangkok on 27th April where they visited with the husband's elder brother who subsequently tested positive for Covid.

On the 29th they went to the hospital in the north east for a Covid test but didn't mention about their risk and it only came to light after further interrogation.

They both tested positive for the virus. 

This was the first such case of a prosecution in the province, reported Sanook yesterday.

The chief said that full disclosure is important to protect and inform medical and other personnel and is a legal requirement.  

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-04

• Like 1

I don't understand. They go and visit their brother in Bangkok. Brother tests posituve on Covid, he inform his brother and wife. They go to the hospital to take a test.....what hidden timeline??? I suppose they tell the hospital that they want a test because their brother was positive. So they don't hide anything. The hospital test the couple and they are positive.. and now there is a problem. Maybe if they had no symptons and did not get a test there was no problem. because  lot of people are a-symptonic too 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

I suppose they tell the hospital that they want a test because their brother was positive.

I think that is the bit they missed out until after they tested positive.......seems harsh though.

2 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I suppose they tell the hospital that they want a test because their brother was positive.

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

...but didn't mention about their risk and it only came to light after further interrogation.

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

I think that is the bit they missed out until after they tested positive.......seems harsh though.

I think if you go to hospital and ask for a covid test, the hospital will ask why..... and if you tell them i just want to do it, they don't do it, only for people who has symptones or were at risk. So if they say after the hospital maybe refused to do the test, and they said but my broter has it.. you can call that further investigation???

• Like 2

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

I find this rather amusing, when it is a foreigner and wife they face prosecution, but when it is a high ranking official nothing happens, 2 tier set up, pathetic.

It's the culture in this country... bottom rung get nothing, top rung get everything.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blackcab said:
9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

9 hours ago, webfact said:

...but didn't mention about their risk and it only came to light after further interrogation.

Shouldn't every doctor be prepared for risk patients.

What if they didn't have a history, and tested positive, the medical staff would have been exposed in the same way

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Shouldn't every doctor be prepared for risk patients.

What if they didn't have a history, and tested positive, the medical staff would have been exposed in the same way

I completely agree.