Docs for Retirement 'Visa'.

Going to Jomtien tomorrow. It's that time of the year again & I still get edgy after 15 years!  Have I missed anything? 

Copies of every page in passport;(TM6 & recent 90 day) - all signed + passport;

completed TM 7 with photo attached + telephone number;

copies of rental agreement + car insurance certificate with my address + a copy of Immigration notification stamp with new address;

tomorrow I will visit BKK Bank to update my 800K deposit bankbook (money has been untouched for 18 months) & get letter for Immigration.

I have a sneaking feeling that I've missed something?

Would we be correct in inferring that the original real genuine McCoy visa which you used for your initial entry into Thailand was of the non-O variety, meaning that you are exempt from the mandatory health insurance requirement?

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Going to Jomtien tomorrow. It's that time of the year again & I still get edgy after 15 years!  Have I missed anything? 

Copies of every page in passport;(TM6 & recent 90 day) - all signed + passport;

completed TM 7 with photo attached + telephone number;

copies of rental agreement + car insurance certificate with my address..

I have never had the insurance certificate, car or motorbike, asked by the Jomtien imigration office

on the other hand if your initial visa was an OA, you need a Health insurance certificate with the specifics requirments

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I have never had the insurance certificate, car or motorbike, asked by the Jomtien imigration office

on the other hand if your initial visa was an OA, you need a Health insurance certificate with the specifics requirments

And DO NOT FORGET  to inform your health insurance provide to put all informations regarding your policy on the Immigration website.

They can look it up, straight away and make sure it is more or less valid for the 1 year extension you are asking for.

If your insurance runs out in a few months, you won't get a 1 year extension of stay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

And DO NOT FORGET  to inform your health insurance provide to put all informations regarding your policy on the Immigration website.

They can look it up, straight away and make sure it is more or less valid for the 1 year extension you are asking for.

If your insurance runs out in a few months, you won't get a 1 year extension of stay.

I am using AA insurance brokers in Pattaya and LMG insurance

for my extension of stay based on an old OA visa and they have done

a nice job, they are well aware of all the insurance requirments from the immigration office

27 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Car insurance Certificate? Why would they want to see that?

Maybe next, Oyster card.

I try to anticipate every hoop - I am a belt & braces man.  I have this as proof of address; in my wallet I also have a copy of my 11+ pass.

• Haha 2

Thanks for all the replies - I am breathing a little easier.  I've done it for 15 years so Health Insurance not needed (yet.)  My bank account is a fixed deposit of 800K so just need an update + the usual BKK Bank letter?

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I have this as proof of address;

the copy of the lease agrement is here in the documents asked for this reason, and you have probably in your passeport your last TM30 receipt wich is also the proof of your adress for the immigration office

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thanks for all the replies - I am breathing a little easier.  I've done it for 15 years so Health Insurance not needed (yet.)  My bank account is a fixed deposit of 800K so just need an update + the usual BKK Bank letter?

The health insurance requirment isn't depending of since how long you have done your extension of stay. It depends of what was your initial visa (O or OA)

Do you have a bank book related to this fixed deposit? if yes take also the bank book with you

and make a copy of the first page and the pages related to the last 12 months

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

tomorrow I will visit BKK Bank to update my 800K deposit bankbook (money has been untouched for 18 months) & get letter for Immigration.

I was sent back to the bank last year because the bank letter had a small ink stamp on it which hadnt been initialled. Bank staff said it didnt need to be because the letter had been signed at the bottom. I asked them politely if they would oblige and they did. No big deal but check the letter anyway. 

15 hours ago, Daffy D said:

In addition to all the other forms already mentioned I also provide these forms each year:-

Acknowledgment of Penalties for Overstay.pdf 737.88 kB · 5 downloads

Conditions of Temporary Stay.pdf 1.19 MB · 3 downloads

Foreign National Information Form.pdf 712.37 kB · 4 downloads

The forms are fillable so you only have to enter the details once and then just change the date and your age every year.

The first 2 forms are usually provided by the Jomtien Immigration Officer at the time of the extension without need to complete in advance.  In the 18 years I have been getting my annual retirement extension there, I have never been asked to provide the 3rd form re Foreign National Information.

As to the documents mentioned by the original poster,  the rental agreement is sufficient to show your address; there is not need for vehicle insurance information.

As mentioned, you will need copies of your passbook transactions for the preceding 12 months to show you have maintained the minimum amounts required during the year.

• Like 2

This is the list of requirements that I have for getting a non imm “O” extension, plus they sometimes ask for a 12 month bank statement along with the bank letter at Jomtien immigration.

7B9030D0-503E-41FB-A333-A769EEAC28F7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, soisanuk said:

The first 2 forms are usually provided by the Jomtien Immigration Officer at the time of the extension without need to complete in advance.  In the 18 years I have been getting my annual retirement extension there, I have never been asked to provide the 3rd form re Foreign National Information.

As to the documents mentioned by the original poster,  the rental agreement is sufficient to show your address; there is not need for vehicle insurance information.

As mentioned, you will need copies of your passbook transactions for the preceding 12 months to show you have maintained the minimum amounts required during the year.

As we know each Immigration Office has it's own rules and requirements.

I was asked for the additional forms a few years ago and have been submitting them every year since, they have always taken them so presumably they were required.

Anyway, as I said the forms are fillable so only have to be completed once then each following year just need to change the date and your age.

????